Were Chicago fans wrong again: Patrick Williams?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Were Chicago fans wrong again: Patrick Williams? 

Post#1 » by nybluemeadow » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:39 am

Chicago fans were going insane when the Bulls drafted Patrick Williams.

Based on advanced stats Williams is having the 2nd best rookie season of draft picks #4 or lower. Only Tyrese Haliburton is having a better rookie season then Williams. Of the 11 other lottery picks drafted below Williams, he is at the top with 10.1ppg, 4.9rpg, and 40% from three

Was Williams worth the 4th pick in the draft?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Re: Were Chicago fans wrong again: Patrick Williams? 

Post#2 » by GimmeDat » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:58 am

I think Bulls fans are largely happy at this point. I liked PWill, was more disappointed that we weren't more aggressive/that lack wasn't in our favor, because we were 1 pick off LaMelo, and Killian Hayes was probably my favourite available left on the board (we'll have to see how that one pans out), but I can safely say I'm happy with Pat up to this point.

He's been awesome, the only question mark is whether he'll be able to build on his volume and turn in to an aggressive, go-to scorer or not - right now he's pretty passive at times, but he's super young, not a real concern yet.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:57 pm

He was 4th on my board. Just saying.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:32 pm

GimmeDat wrote:I think Bulls fans are largely happy at this point. I liked PWill, was more disappointed that we weren't more aggressive/that lack wasn't in our favor, because we were 1 pick off LaMelo, and Killian Hayes was probably my favourite available left on the board (we'll have to see how that one pans out), but I can safely say I'm happy with Pat up to this point.

He's been awesome, the only question mark is whether he'll be able to build on his volume and turn in to an aggressive, go-to scorer or not - right now he's pretty passive at times, but he's super young, not a real concern yet.

you should be ecstatic yall took PWill over Hayes
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#5 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:58 pm

clyde21 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I think Bulls fans are largely happy at this point. I liked PWill, was more disappointed that we weren't more aggressive/that lack wasn't in our favor, because we were 1 pick off LaMelo, and Killian Hayes was probably my favourite available left on the board (we'll have to see how that one pans out), but I can safely say I'm happy with Pat up to this point.

Over a year ago, i said that Hayes is a future bust and the next Exum because of his broken jumpshot and i got grilled for it.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#6 » by Ruzious » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Don't look now, but Hayes has finally shown signs of life his last 2 games.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#7 » by Leslie Forman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:48 pm

nybluemeadow wrote:Chicago fans were going insane when the Bulls drafted Patrick Williams.

Hey I was one of the few who loved it. I wanted nothing to do with Hayes or Avdija and felt like the old regime 100% would have taken one of those guys.

He may not be any good now, but he has shown enough flashes that he's got that Jaylen Brown-type of growth somewhere in him. It's gonna take a while, but he's got all the tell-tale signs of a raw two-way wing that goes from minor role player to featured star in a few years.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#8 » by shakes0 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:08 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Over a year ago, i said that Hayes is a future bust and the next Exum because of his broken jumpshot and i got grilled for it.

you also said Lamelo was the biggest bust in the entire draft.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#9 » by azcatz11 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:08 pm

shakes0 wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

you also said Lamelo was the biggest bust in the entire draft.

Here's his quote :lol:

I think he is the worst prospect in the draft. A future bust and will be playing in China longer than in the NBA. He has the worst jumpshot and shooting mechanic of all the prospects. Ball also has one of the worst IQs in the draft.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#10 » by GimmeDat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 am

clyde21 wrote:

I definitely am, don't worry about that. Just think Hayes will come on and be solid eventually, just had a rough start.

Return to NBA Draft