Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

shakes0
Analyst
Posts: 3,331
And1: 3,590
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#1 » by shakes0 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:53 pm

Now that he's picked a school it's time for his long overdue thread.


Can't wait to see him vs college competition next year. I assume the Zags will have a loaded pre-conference schedule.
Scoonie
Rookie
Posts: 1,145
And1: 1,358
Joined: Aug 28, 2004
Location: New Hampshire
   

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#2 » by Scoonie » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:41 pm

He’s just so skinny. How is he not going to get manhandled out there?
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
User avatar
CptCrunch
Analyst
Posts: 3,143
And1: 3,023
Joined: Jun 30, 2016
 

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#3 » by CptCrunch » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 am

Not hating on the kid, but white American bigs has a really really bad track record in the league.

He has be a 190 lbs 7 foot PF if he wants to play in the league.
User avatar
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 1,011
And1: 599
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#4 » by retrobro90 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:12 am

Really only seen him in that game ESPN aired where he talked a bunch of smack and beat Emoni Bates' team but he made me a fan just from his confidence and swagger in that match.
User avatar
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 1,011
And1: 599
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#5 » by retrobro90 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:14 am



^Highlights from that game
SNPA
Analyst
Posts: 3,413
And1: 2,646
Joined: Apr 15, 2020

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#6 » by SNPA » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:24 am

retrobro90 wrote:

^Highlights from that game

I like what I see. He has some attitude to him.
User avatar
clyde21
RealGM
Posts: 52,870
And1: 61,618
Joined: Aug 20, 2014
   

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#7 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 am

Zags gonna be fun to watch again next year, Chet/Timme front court will pretty much be unstoppable in that offense, Few should make it a point to let Chet handle as much as possible
#VivaPalestina#VivaColumbia#VivaNaija
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
Posts: 16,167
And1: 5,709
Joined: Jun 25, 2009
Location: the Arizona desert

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#8 » by DirtyDez » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:14 am

Surprised his socks stay up.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
shakes0
Analyst
Posts: 3,331
And1: 3,590
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#9 » by shakes0 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:15 pm

interesting that ESPN dropped him to #2 in the 2022 draft behind Banchero. Is that just ESPN being ESPN or is there really something to that? Never heard of Banchero till today.
User avatar
CptCrunch
Analyst
Posts: 3,143
And1: 3,023
Joined: Jun 30, 2016
 

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#10 » by CptCrunch » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:19 pm

shakes0 wrote:interesting that ESPN dropped him to #2 in the 2022 draft behind Banchero. Is that just ESPN being ESPN or is there really something to that? Never heard of Banchero till today.


Givony is running smokescreens for Banchero

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


If Givony is right about Panchero's weight and height (6'11, 250), the kid is a monster.
TraBuch
Sophomore
Posts: 123
And1: 117
Joined: Feb 09, 2016

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#11 » by TraBuch » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Duke plays Gonzaga early next season so I’m really looking forward to the Banchero/Holmgren matchup.
akhan786
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,994
And1: 1,916
Joined: Nov 10, 2015

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#12 » by akhan786 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:35 am

CptCrunch wrote:
shakes0 wrote:interesting that ESPN dropped him to #2 in the 2022 draft behind Banchero. Is that just ESPN being ESPN or is there really something to that? Never heard of Banchero till today.


Givony is running smokescreens for Banchero

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


If Givony is right about Panchero's weight and height (6'11, 250), the kid is a monster.


I need to get that growth to 6’11 for Banchero confirmed by a secondary source cause if true...sheesh
User avatar
RookieStar
RealGM
Posts: 13,838
And1: 3,276
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#13 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:24 am

I gotta agree... before he committed to Duke I thought or heard of him as 6'8 and probably like Kuminga.. then all of a sudden mocks/talks and whatever are saying he is 6'11? wow I need to get that for.my Magic players lol
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,566
And1: 2,726
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#14 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:20 pm

Scoonie wrote:He’s just so skinny. How is he not going to get manhandled out there?


It is indeed a concern but I don't know that it'll effect him at the college level. He's so skilled at that height college coaches will definitely attempt to put a body on him and wear him out but I just dont think it'll work. I'm more concerned that he seems a bit aloof. A bit cocky, which all great players need to be but you just gotta hope it's not false confidence. I think it'll work out fine.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,566
And1: 2,726
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#15 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:23 pm

akhan786 wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:
shakes0 wrote:interesting that ESPN dropped him to #2 in the 2022 draft behind Banchero. Is that just ESPN being ESPN or is there really something to that? Never heard of Banchero till today.


Givony is running smokescreens for Banchero

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


If Givony is right about Panchero's weight and height (6'11, 250), the kid is a monster.


I need to get that growth to 6’11 for Banchero confirmed by a secondary source cause if true...sheesh


Holy smokes. First time seeing him. It's just nuts how many guys at this size have these skillsets. Well I shouldn't say so many guys but it's growing.
User avatar
EvanZ
General Manager
Posts: 8,865
And1: 1,811
Joined: Apr 06, 2011

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#16 » by EvanZ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:48 pm

Gotta admit I'm pretty skeptical. Still thinking he's kinda Carlos Boozer at the college level. In those video clips there is zero chance anyone can defend a guy his size at that level. He doesn't look super quick, explosive or bursty to me. But admittedly, I am only seeing clips here and there. For now, Chet's still my guy. Fully open to changing my mind upon seeing Paolo play more this season.
peZt
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,271
And1: 1,155
Joined: Aug 15, 2010
Location: Braunschweig
   

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#17 » by peZt » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:41 pm

EvanZ wrote:Gotta admit I'm pretty skeptical. Still thinking he's kinda Carlos Boozer at the college level. In those video clips there is zero chance anyone can defend a guy his size at that level. He doesn't look super quick, explosive or bursty to me. But admittedly, I am only seeing clips here and there. For now, Chet's still my guy. Fully open to changing my mind upon seeing Paolo play more this season.


I thought you were talking about Chet at first. And was confused how you liken him to Carlos Boozer :lol:
akhan786
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,994
And1: 1,916
Joined: Nov 10, 2015

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#18 » by akhan786 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:55 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
akhan786 wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:
Givony is running smokescreens for Banchero

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


If Givony is right about Panchero's weight and height (6'11, 250), the kid is a monster.


I need to get that growth to 6’11 for Banchero confirmed by a secondary source cause if true...sheesh


Holy smokes. First time seeing him. It's just nuts how many guys at this size have these skillsets. Well I shouldn't say so many guys but it's growing.


Yeah I think the natural progression of ball is that everyone will have to be 6’8, athletic, and a 3 level scorer. And that will be just the BASELINE requirement to get on an NBA floor.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
Posts: 10,476
And1: 8,302
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Location: #EmbraceTheTreadmill
 

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#19 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:42 am

Is there any hype for this guy in the upcoming draft? Does anyone have any thoughts on this virtually unknown prospect?
Image

With a record adjusted for fake wins/losses we are 16-12.
User avatar
GSWFan1994
Starter
Posts: 2,171
And1: 3,339
Joined: Oct 31, 2006
 

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#20 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:12 pm

Yep, seems like the hype has considerably cooled down.

I feel like Holmgren was somewhat overrated coming into the season. Is he an upgraded Porzingis, as a prospect?
I support Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch for a NBA expansion team.

Return to NBA Draft