2022 international class

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,841
And1: 16,780
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#41 » by GimmeDat » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:54 am

I watched Besson and Dieng (and Hukporti) in person on the weekend.. man, Besson is just a bucket. Ousmane was a liability all around.. obviously talented but he needs an extra year at minimum, shouldn't put his name in. Hukporti has sensational physical tools but was hit and miss because he's not a high IQ player.

Affirmed what I've seen all season from them. I agree, Besson is a 1st round lock right now, probably a top 20 guy. He may not have outstanding physical tools, and his D does still need work, but his scoring is incredibly polished.. Almost reminds me of someone like Tyler Herro.
Hal14
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,313
And1: 3,857
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#42 » by Hal14 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Anyone know what the deal is with Jun Seok Yeo?

He lit it up at U19 World Cup this past summer for Korea. Averaged 25 PPG, including 21 points. vs USA.

He's 19 and will be 20 on draft night 2022.

But apparently he's not playing for any team at all anywhere this winter - or at least not that I can dig up..
Hal14 wrote:if i'm Brad, I'm taking Begarin with this pick
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,841
And1: 16,780
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#43 » by GimmeDat » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:17 am

Hal14 wrote:Anyone know what the deal is with Jun Seok Yeo?

He lit it up at U19 World Cup this past summer for Korea. Averaged 25 PPG, including 21 points. vs USA.

He's 19 and will be 20 on draft night 2022.

But apparently he's not playing for any team at all anywhere this winter - or at least not that I can dig up..


Yeah he's playing in the Korean league IIRC... maybe even Korean college ball or something like that.. a totally obscure and non-challenging comp he's wasting his time in.
juanc
Senior
Posts: 639
And1: 620
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
 

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#44 » by juanc » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:47 am

There is a Slovenian, who I think might go in the 2nd round(if he keeps up his play then he most definetly should be drafted). His name is Gregor Glas, and he has some similarities with Bogdan Bogdanović.

He plays for Partizan(Aba league and Eurocup) under the legendary and probably best euro coach Željko Obradović. When he signed with Partizan, I thought he will be an end of the bench guy, but he really took off and had some good/great games, the last one vs Lokomotiv Kuban(One of the 2 favourites to win Eurocup). Here are the highlights



He always was a good/great shooter/scorer, but he has really made a huge improvement in the last 2 years. He has also shown some playmaking ability in the PnR and in the drive and kick game. Also an OK athlete.
He is a draft and stash candidate, but I think he is worth a 2nd rounder.
coutournant
Junior
Posts: 291
And1: 62
Joined: Jun 11, 2012

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#45 » by coutournant » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:54 am

Another dominant game by young center Ismael Kamagate. He's improving every week

Read on Twitter
User avatar
UcanUwill
RealGM
Posts: 20,907
And1: 18,507
Joined: Aug 07, 2011
   

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#46 » by UcanUwill » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:31 pm

juanc wrote:There is a Slovenian, who I think might go in the 2nd round(if he keeps up his play then he most definetly should be drafted). His name is Gregor Glas, and he has some similarities with Bogdan Bogdanović.

He plays for Partizan(Aba league and Eurocup) under the legendary and probably best euro coach Željko Obradović. When he signed with Partizan, I thought he will be an end of the bench guy, but he really took off and had some good/great games, the last one vs Lokomotiv Kuban(One of the 2 favourites to win Eurocup). Here are the highlights



He always was a good/great shooter/scorer, but he has really made a huge improvement in the last 2 years. He has also shown some playmaking ability in the PnR and in the drive and kick game. Also an OK athlete.
He is a draft and stash candidate, but I think he is worth a 2nd rounder.


He looks pretty damn good, could be a good off ball 3 point specialist in the league. He seem to shoot with his right, but he drives to his left with ease. I have only seen one Partizan game this year, never noticed him, but Smailagic was balling. Partizan will probably be back in Euroleague in a few years, could make a great draft and stash possibility.
Image
join me on international basketball forum https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=5
juanc
Senior
Posts: 639
And1: 620
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
 

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#47 » by juanc » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:30 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
juanc wrote:There is a Slovenian, who I think might go in the 2nd round(if he keeps up his play then he most definetly should be drafted). His name is Gregor Glas, and he has some similarities with Bogdan Bogdanović.

He plays for Partizan(Aba league and Eurocup) under the legendary and probably best euro coach Željko Obradović. When he signed with Partizan, I thought he will be an end of the bench guy, but he really took off and had some good/great games, the last one vs Lokomotiv Kuban(One of the 2 favourites to win Eurocup). Here are the highlights



He always was a good/great shooter/scorer, but he has really made a huge improvement in the last 2 years. He has also shown some playmaking ability in the PnR and in the drive and kick game. Also an OK athlete.
He is a draft and stash candidate, but I think he is worth a 2nd rounder.


He looks pretty damn good, could be a good off ball 3 point specialist in the league. He seem to shoot with his right, but he drives to his left with ease. I have only seen one Partizan game this year, never noticed him, but Smailagic was balling. Partizan will probably be back in Euroleague in a few years, could make a great draft and stash possibility.



Here he is against your fellow countrymen :D

He was supposed to be the 11th or 12th guy at the begining of the season, but with other players playing poorly, and him playing really good, he became a regular rotation player and probably the best shooter on that Partizan team.
This series of tweets also shows that he quickly became "the guy" on after timeout plays
Read on Twitter


If he continues to make such progress I can easly see him as an NBA player(3 poin specialist).

Oh and here is a bouns. A 17 year old Slovenian kid, wearing the number 7, pouring 10 points in his Euroleague debut vs CSKA

Hal14
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,313
And1: 3,857
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#48 » by Hal14 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:03 am

GimmeDat wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Anyone know what the deal is with Jun Seok Yeo?

He lit it up at U19 World Cup this past summer for Korea. Averaged 25 PPG, including 21 points. vs USA.

He's 19 and will be 20 on draft night 2022.

But apparently he's not playing for any team at all anywhere this winter - or at least not that I can dig up..


Yeah he's playing in the Korean league IIRC... maybe even Korean college ball or something like that.. a totally obscure and non-challenging comp he's wasting his time in.

interesting. maybe he plays in a more competitive league in 2022-2023 and then gets drafted in 2023. seems like no way he would get drafted in 2022 at this rate..
Hal14 wrote:if i'm Brad, I'm taking Begarin with this pick
Hal14
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,313
And1: 3,857
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#49 » by Hal14 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:33 am

watching the replay of the new zealand breakers vs melbourne united game from a week ago. yikes, Dieng just can't hit a shot. seems soft, lacking physicality too.

At this point I would consider him a 2nd round draft and stash guy in the 41-60 range. either that, or he withdraws from this year's draft, tries to keep working on his game and his body and shoots for 2023..
Hal14 wrote:if i'm Brad, I'm taking Begarin with this pick
Hal14
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,313
And1: 3,857
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#50 » by Hal14 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:50 pm

thoughts on Leonardo Okeke?

Very limited footage of him on YouTube but the footage that does exist is pretty impressive - especially for an 18 yr old playing pro ball.





Only other footage of him on YouTube is from 4years ago. Can't find any game footage from his pro team's games so far this season (full game footage, highlights, nothing)..

His stats look pretty good, too. Looks like he had 16 and 17 points in his last 2 games on really good efficiency, even shot 1/1 from 3 in his last game.
Hal14 wrote:if i'm Brad, I'm taking Begarin with this pick
Hal14
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,313
And1: 3,857
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#51 » by Hal14 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 4:26 am

this guy is underrated:

Hal14 wrote:if i'm Brad, I'm taking Begarin with this pick
juanc
Senior
Posts: 639
And1: 620
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
 

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#52 » by juanc » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:12 pm

Gregor Glaswith a good game against Split(they had only 8 players because of covid and they are one of the worst teams in ABA), but it's nice to see him play good. Anicescoring repertoire and the best thing is his improved passing. Still only 20yo

Hal14
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,313
And1: 3,857
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#53 » by Hal14 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:22 am

Yeah Gregor Glas looks like a baller. Just now digging in and watching a bunch of his vids.

I think he might be a better prospect than Hugo Besson (same age..Glas is 2" taller, a little bit quicker, a little bit better defender, arguably just as good a shooter and passer, probably has a little better handle too). I can see Glas possibly being a 1st rounder
Hal14 wrote:if i'm Brad, I'm taking Begarin with this pick

Return to NBA Draft