Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Re: 2022 international class 

Post#101 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri Apr 8, 2022 3:03 pm

Hal14 wrote:underrated big man prospect: Karlo Matkovic

Anyone have thoughts on him?

Anytime I'm watching Mega Mozzart games to see Jovic play, I'm always impressed by Matkovic.

Tough, hard nosed player, Good defender, good rebounder. sets screens. solid as the roll man. lob threat. can hit mid range jumper. 21 yrs old.. 6'10"

never seen him, but pretty good production. can score, rebound and is efficient. solid FT shooter.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#102 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Apr 8, 2022 5:22 pm

Whats the consensus on Jovic having the footspeed to guard SF's? I want to talk myself into him at SF but it seems he is a pretty position locked PF (On defense at least, love his wide ranging offensive game)
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#103 » by GimmeDat » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:36 am

I actually have Dieng in the lottery at this point.

I've watched every game this season.. and I will be the first to say that in the first half of the season, he suuuuucked.

But right now, he's playing like the Breakers best player. He's 6'10, playing good defense on and off the ball, he's shooting the ball well, handling it and passing it off the dribble, and making a lot of plays in PnR and transition.

It doesn't look like a flash in the pan, it looks like legitimate improvement, and it'll only get better once he continues to get stronger. He's playing with much more aggression and confidence.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#104 » by MemphisX » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:37 am

GimmeDat wrote:I actually have Dieng in the lottery at this point.

I've watched every game this season.. and I will be the first to say that in the first half of the season, he suuuuucked.

But right now, he's playing like the Breakers best player. He's 6'10, playing good defense on and off the ball, he's shooting the ball well, handling it and passing it off the dribble, and making a lot of plays in PnR and transition.

It doesn't look like a flash in the pan, it looks like legitimate improvement, and it'll only get better once he continues to get stronger. He's playing with much more aggression and confidence.

Watching him improve game to game has been fun. I really do not know what the NBL does but they are doing it well for some of these guys.

There are just things players his size do not do as smoothly as he does them.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
bravor
Starter
And1: 737

Post#105 » by bravor » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:50 pm

If you like Dieng, i can't wait to see how Risacher (yes, Steph Risacher's son) will look for people here. He's probably the best forward ever for France if he keeps working and developing. He basically moves like Batum, plays agressively like angry Dieng, and defend like Kirilenko with a good forward body. And he alreayd plays well on both ends.

As for dieng, its great how he bounced back, especially because the comparison with Besson (which was unfair as Besson already played in a pro league and is older) was tough since unlike Besson, Dieng can have a good impact on both ends. He is still a bit soft, but its also part of his skillset . hopefully he adds more post up in his game as soon as he bulks up.
Drgaliza2
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#106 » by Drgaliza2 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:23 pm

dieng might be 15-20 rnd pick prospect imo.. just based on potential alone. Scouts know what he can do, he will be drafted.

Another nbl player to look out for is kai sotto.. he doesnt get enough touches when hes on the court but when he does he looks promising. This guy a sleeper in the draft.. lots of potential if used correctly.. a tim duncan, porzingis, olajuwon, jokic hybrid with some guard moves.
He still has to bulk up and improve lateral quickness to be able to defend consistently at high level in nba. But he showed in nbl that he can take physicality and defend fast guards like ex-nba player delavedova when got switched.

Drgaliza2
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#107 » by Drgaliza2 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:49 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
tundraknight wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if Nikola Jovic gets selected in the Top 5. With his elite passing ability and size on the perimeter that scouts love. I’m not sure what his 3P% is, but his 3 point shot doesn’t look bad either.

I would be surprised if he wasnt a top-5 pick. He is a great talent.

Not to be that ignorant foreigner, but man do these Yugo countries need more names or what. Every other player is named Nikola now, and their last name differs by like one letter, wtf man :lol:

Nikola jovic
Nikola jokic
Nikola mirotic
Nikola petrovic
Nikola vucevic
Nikola pekovic

And they are all good
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#108 » by GimmeDat » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:28 am

Drgaliza2 wrote:a tim duncan, porzingis, olajuwon, jokic hybrid with some guard moves.

Might need to chill on the comparisons there haha.

He's been solid offensively. The 3 ball isn't there yet but nice to see him do some stuff on the face up in this game. Defensively has a long way to go, can be a layup line for the other team at times.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,237

Post#109 » by LewisnotMiller » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:54 am

I need to watch some Breakers games. Only seen one in the last 4 weeks (vs Perth) and my opinion of Dieng is still heavily covered by his early season 'form'.

I basically wouldn't have used a top 130 pick on him, never mind top 30.

But seems like that opinion might require some revisiting based on this.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,511

Post#110 » by azcatz11 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:56 am

Just out of curiosity - what is the Aussies' favorite sport? I know #1 is Rugby. Is #2 basketball? Just curious since there are a lot of you here
LewisnotMiller
Analyst

Post#111 » by LewisnotMiller » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:03 am

MemphisX wrote:

Watching him improve game to game has been fun. I really do not know what the NBL does but they are doing it well for some of these guys.

There are just things players his size do not do as smoothly as he does them.

There has been a pretty good balance of opportunity and earning minutes, generally.
You don't want guys being gifted time, but equally time is required to develop them. Whilst it doesn't seem like one and done players would be developed (since they're leaving anyway) I think there's good recognition here that getting these young, interesting talents into the NBL has really helped revitalise the league and lift it's profile.

Generally it's a good, stable league with mostly good coaching and facilities. It is fairly physical, I would say, but adjusting to that and showing they can handle it has been beneficial to lots of these skinny younger prospects.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst

Post#112 » by LewisnotMiller » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:07 am

azcatz11 wrote:Just out of curiosity - what is the Aussies' favorite sport? I know #1 is Rugby. Is #2 basketball? Just curious since there are a lot of you here

Rugby?
Rugby?????

No, no, no.

Aussie Rules Football is the biggest sport here in terms of local product, tv rights, salaries, crowds, etc.

But it's all somewhat regional. I'm Melbournian, and AFL is massive right through the Southern states. In case you're unsure what I'm talking about...

Crowds were heavily COVID impacted last year, but you'll get anywhere from 30000 to 100000 at each game.
zike_42
Sixth Man
And1: 501

Post#113 » by zike_42 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:12 am

azcatz11 wrote:Just out of curiosity - what is the Aussies' favorite sport? I know #1 is Rugby. Is #2 basketball? Just curious since there are a lot of you here

I'd probably put it as:
1. AFL (especially in Vic/Tas/WA/SA). It's a religion in Victoria. 35-40k per game, frequently 60k+.
2. Rugby League (especially in QLD/NSW). Not to be confused with Rugby Union. 10-15k per game.
3. Cricket. Test match (five days) cricket is huge but crowds aren't consistent. Boxing Day test day one is always 100k. Short-form (BBL) gets around 30k per game.
4. Basketball. Rapidly increasing in popularity, especially in Perth/Melbourne. 8-10k per game. Perth is always 11-12k.
5. Soccer. Has dropped off recently, with some clubs struggling to get crowds. 5-6k per game. Melb Victory around 10k.
LSandersBong
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#114 » by LSandersBong » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:17 am

Lived in Aussie for years, Basketballs gained In popularity alot over the last few years but Aussie rules , Rugby League, Rugby Union are all way bigger and maybe soccer as well.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#115 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:07 am

What recent NBA player does Ousmane compare to at his height and skill level?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#116 » by GimmeDat » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:38 am

We lose so many promising basketball's to Australian Football. There's more money in it and more spots, plus you get to play at home, and it's the sport of the country so there's a lot of social pedigree to playing it at the highest level.
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#117 » by rambo_ortega » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:43 am

Kai Sotto is legit! He doesn't get enough touches and is weirdly utilized by the coach in Adelaide. But at 19 years old 7'2, you can't have it better than that.

Drgaliza2 wrote:dieng might be 15-20 rnd pick prospect imo.. just based on potential alone. Scouts know what he can do, he will be drafted.

Another nbl player to look out for is kai sotto.. he doesnt get enough touches when hes on the court but when he does he looks promising. This guy a sleeper in the draft.. lots of potential if used correctly.. a tim duncan, porzingis, olajuwon, jokic hybrid with some guard moves.
He still has to bulk up and improve lateral quickness to be able to defend consistently at high level in nba. But he showed in nbl that he can take physicality and defend fast guards like ex-nba player delavedova when got switched.

Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#118 » by Rastas » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:41 pm

[quote="azcatz11"]Just out of curiosity - what is the Aussies' favorite sport? I know #1 is Rugby. Is #2 basketball? Just curious since there are a lot of you here[/quote

Depends in which part of the country , but going by Crowds and Sponsorship $ it goes like this

AFL

Cricket

Soccer
Rugby L
Rugby U

Basketball

Basketball has a long way to go to catch the top 2 in Australia , it does however have momentum to catch the next 3 sports.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#119 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:17 am

Who has the higher upside:

Nikola Jovic or Dyson Daniels?

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199