Jabari Smith Jr. - Auburn

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: Jabari Smith Jr. - Auburn 

Post#441 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:35 am

moss_is_1 wrote:Rashard showed a pretty solid post game though also, at least in Seatlle. Does Jabari have that?
I'm trying to find footage of Rashard when he was 18. When he was 19 he averaged 2.4 ppg in the NBA on terrible shooting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,669

Post#442 » by SelfishPlayer » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 pm

basketballRob wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:Rashard showed a pretty solid post game though also, at least in Seatlle. Does Jabari have that?
I'm trying to find footage of Rashard when he was 18. When he was 19 he averaged 2.4 ppg in the NBA on terrible shooting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Great post. Rashard Lewis was a second round pick that cried like a baby over it when he was Jabari's age.

" As my name was getting passed, I couldn't even take it no more and I had to leave and go to the restroom because I didn't want nobody to see how hurt I was. So I started crying in the restroom while nobody was around. "
https://www.thedreamshake.com/2009/5/25/886452/1998-draft-leaves-rashard-lewis-in
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#443 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:38 pm

people trot out the Rashard Lewis comp and claim it's not worthy of #1 overall pick.

first of all, Rashard Lewis is most likely his low-mid end outcome. two, he's on a much faster developmental path as a player than Lewis was at the same stage, lastly, Lewis in this era would be an infinitely more valuable player than in his.

i think there have been some terrible takes here regarding Jabari lately that are gonna age quite poorly, but that's all part of the fun I guess.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#444 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:58 pm

clyde21 wrote:people trot out the Rashard Lewis comp and claim it's not worthy of #1 overall pick.

first of all, Rashard Lewis is most likely his low-mid end outcome. two, he's on a much faster developmental path as a player than Lewis was at the same stage, lastly, Lewis in this era would be an infinitely more valuable player than in his.

i think there have been some terrible takes here regarding Jabari lately that are gonna age quite poorly, but that's all part of the fun I guess.

Agreed. Lewis in this era is easily worth a Top-5 pick. I simply like Chet more due to his defense, but Jabari is the clear #2 for me.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,420

Post#445 » by Big J » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:people trot out the Rashard Lewis comp and claim it's not worthy of #1 overall pick.

Rashard Lewis was never the best player on his own team. Paolo is going to be “the man” on his team the first day he walks into the gym.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#446 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:55 pm

Big J wrote:

Rashard Lewis was never the best player on his own team. Paolo is going to be “the man” on his team the first day he walks into the gym.

good for Lewis and Paolo? not sure what this has to do with anything I said.
Big J
General Manager

Post#447 » by Big J » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:15 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Kek, weird take bro.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#448 » by clyde21 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:22 pm

Big J wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Kek, weird take bro.

me: Bari is a on faster dev path than Lewis

you: PaoLO Is ThE MaN

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bucknut
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#449 » by bucknut » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:48 am

Is a Rashard Lewis in 2022 as valuable as he was back then ? ...I say no because he was like the first one to be in that role and defenses weren't ready for it. Now there is guys like that everywhere and a cheaper replacement level guy can do alot of similar things.

This kid looks like he plays in the 80s way he bends his knees triple threat and small amount of dribbles before shooting. .is his post game legit ? IMO with everyone able to be 3 and d's nowadays it's can you also provide rebounding, inside post, or shot blocking, or driving as well.

To me it scares heck out of me of him beating a scouting report that says get in his air space and make him drive against nba length......I like the efficiency and mid range but if he has to dribble 4 or 5 times can he create ? I was gonna say he's the allen houston or glenn robinson of 4's but I think Klay Thompson is more accurate.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#450 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:12 pm

I will say that after spending a few hours watching interviews of most of these prospects, Smith impresses me the most. He reminds me of Duncan. Very mature. Great upbringing and work ethic. I would not hesitate to take him at any spot including #1 if that fits your team needs.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#451 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 pm

Big J wrote:

Who's the man in Hou, Jalen or Paolo?
Big J
General Manager

Post#452 » by Big J » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:01 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Who's the man in Hou, Jalen or Paolo?

Paolo. Green's gonna score more, but Hou will be Paolo's team if they get him.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#453 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 6:58 pm

thought he cant drive

Read on Twitter
clyde21
RealGM

Post#454 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 7:01 pm

damn, am I gonna have to root for the Rockets now? already hate rooting for the Cavs cuz of Mobley.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#455 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 7:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:thought he cant drive

Read on Twitter

I don't know that a straightline drive disproves anything. But he can develop. DeRozan went from not being able to dribble a basketball to absolutely deadly with the ball in his hands. Not predicting that necessarily, but Bari is going to be a good player.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
clyde21
RealGM

Post#456 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 7:11 pm

beats his man (couldn't tell who that was) going left then beats a set TyTy going right, don't think that's a straight line drive at all, has to pull two different directions then and use both hands.

i think the stuff floating around about him not being able to dribble have been widely overstated, and he'll prove it very soon. and if he does get to that certain level with the ball in his hands, it's a done deal, finito, Ali Bomaye.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#457 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 7:13 pm

clyde21 wrote:beats his man (couldn't tell who that was) going left then beats a set TyTy going right, don't think that's a straight line drive at all, has to pull two different directions then and use both hands.

i think the stuff floating around about him not being able to dribble have been widely overstated, and he'll prove it very soon.

He doesn't move laterally while dribbling and takes two dribbles. The first dribble is a blow-by and the second is just moving toward the rim, then he steps around Tyty after picking up the ball.

but, he is going to get these kinds of drives in the NBA. They are less common in college because of how packed the court is.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#458 » by ThatBoyNick » Tue Jul 5, 2022 7:43 pm

Are yall really analyzing practice clips lmao

At least its better then the guy attacking Sengun for having acne last year

He was 18 during his entire tenure with Auburn, and he played with Kessler and 2 non shooting wings. Maybe he's just really young, and spacing was terrible OR maybe he legitimately has a poor handle and touch on finishes. We shall see, but the practice highlights aren't going to be the decider :lol:
clyde21
RealGM

Post#459 » by clyde21 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 8:03 pm

ThatBoyNick wrote:Are yall really analyzing practice clips lmao:

yes
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,669

Post#460 » by SelfishPlayer » Tue Jul 5, 2022 9:01 pm

Houston with Jabari at the 5 and Tari at the 4 are built well for modern basketball. They both can defend all five positions.
Bari and Tari...
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.

Return to NBA Draft