Collin Gillespie 

Post#1 » by azcatz11 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:01 am

Does he have a chance to be drafted?
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Re: Collin Gillespie 

Post#2 » by crows2 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 5:31 am

Is this really threadworthy? Would’ve thought a prospect like Gillespie could be discussed in the general thread.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,148

Post#3 » by Hal14 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 3:16 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Does he have a chance to be drafted?

i don't think so. maybe he's got a shot to be picked up as an UDFA. his profile (not super fast or athletic but good shooter who plays smart, fundamentally sound) is a good profile that fits like the Duncan robinson, joe harris mold. If Gillespie was 6'6" or taller it'd be a different story. But being 6'3" plus being an older prospect, I just don't see it. Good player, though and obviously well coached.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#4 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 9, 2021 5:33 pm

Payton Pritchard was drafted in the first round, so yeah, there's a chance. Should he be drafted? That's a different question.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,480

Post#5 » by azcatz11 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:48 am

crows2 wrote:Is this really threadworthy? Would’ve thought a prospect like Gillespie could be discussed in the general thread.

Dude who cares? It's not like I'm creating a new thread everyday. Next time I'll ask your permission if a prospect is 'thread worthy' :crazy:

I come here to learn about prospects, not give my opinion
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#6 » by crows2 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:31 am

azcatz11 wrote:
crows2 wrote:Is this really threadworthy? Would’ve thought a prospect like Gillespie could be discussed in the general thread.

Dude who cares? It's not like I'm creating a new thread everyday. Next time I'll ask your permission if a prospect is 'thread worthy' :crazy:

Not criticising you or anything, but it’s about keeping the board uncluttered so that people don’t have to exhaustively search for threads about actual relevant prospects. The entire reason for the general thread (and sleeper thread if it exists) is to discuss fringier prospects such as Gillespie. If every prospect had their own thread it’d be a mess here. It’s general forum etiquette at most places.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#7 » by azcatz11 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:27 pm

crows2 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Not criticising you or anything, but it’s about keeping the board uncluttered so that people don’t have to exhaustively search for threads about actual relevant prospects. The entire reason for the general thread (and sleeper thread if it exists) is to discuss fringier prospects such as Gillespie. If every prospect had their own thread it’d be a mess here. It’s general forum etiquette at most places.

If you want to be a mod - apply to be a mod. Otherwise, stop trying to be a mod and let them do their jobs. No one cares about your opinion on forum etiquette
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:45 pm

There's no perfect one size fits all way to do it, but I think the general preference is to use the 2022 draft thread or a sleepers thread to discuss players like this. I'd suggest using the Search option - to see where or if the player has been discussed before. If we continue to use that thread, there's less duplication. Thanks guys.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#9 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Ruzious wrote:There's no perfect one size fits all way to do it, but I think the general preference is to use the 2022 draft thread or a sleepers thread to discuss players like this. I'd suggest using the Search option - to see where or if the player has been discussed before. If we continue to use that thread, there's less duplication. Thanks guys.

No problem at all! I personally like individual prospects in their own threads to make it easy to find them...but no worries

Return to NBA Draft