Tari Eason

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Tari Eason 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:14 pm

We really need a thread for this guy who is probably going to end up a first round pick.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Martinez
Ballboy
And1: 25

Re: Tari Eason 

Post#2 » by Martinez » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:07 am

Who the hell is Evan Zamir?
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#3 » by God Squad » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:55 am

Martinez wrote:Who the hell is Evan Zamir?

Nobody.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#4 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:24 pm

God Squad wrote:

Nobody.

Huh. It's odd you'd choose his thread to respond to if he's nobody. :roll:

While you guys ponder non-basketball related sequiturs maybe some other folks actually want to talk about Tari Eason...would be nice if this forum had mods that could enforce such things.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:09 pm

EvanZ wrote:
God Squad wrote:

Nobody.

Huh. It's odd you'd choose his thread to respond to if he's nobody. :roll:

While you guys ponder non-basketball related sequiturs maybe some other folks actually want to talk about Tari Eason...would be nice if this forum had mods that could enforce such things.

So talk about him then. You dont need to bump your Twitter to do it though. I get using some twitter links to show some clips of the player or something along the lines like that. But this just comes off as you trying to boost your Twitter following.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#6 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:08 am

I can do whatever I want. There’s a Twitter function and I use it because it makes it easier to relay thoughts I have already had about him. It’s a very weird hangup some of you have about people posting their tweets here. Very weird. I honestly don’t get it.

But hey if you don’t want to discuss Tari Eason I have a solution. Don’t read this thread and don’t post here. Save us both the effort.

Now once again let’s keep the thread to talking about Eason not my Twitter habits.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:09 am

That’s the last time I address my Twitter habits. You all can party however you want.
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#8 » by crows2 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:44 am

I’m intrigued. What’s your scouting report on Eason?
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,147

Post#9 » by Hal14 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:08 pm

crows2 wrote:I’m intrigued. What’s your scouting report on Eason?

you have to check Evan's twitter account - which contains a link to subscribe to his newsletter in order to find out. :lol:
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#10 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:59 pm

He can do everything Keegan can do and he's a year younger and a better perimeter defender.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#11 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:00 pm

Hal14 wrote:

you have to check Evan's twitter account - which contains a link to subscribe to his newsletter in order to find out. :lol:

My newsletter is free. You should sign up. Many NBA GM/FO types subscribe already.
Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,461

Post#12 » by Saints14 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:48 pm

Yo @EvanZ, you got a nice shoutout on the Game Theory podcast from Sam Vecenie
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#13 » by CptCrunch » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:54 pm

I like his statistical trajectory, going productive freshman (RSCI #90) mid-major to extremely productive P5 player. This rapid rise after one season against better competition is usually a good sign for a prospect.

He looks a lot like Marvin Bagley on film. Being compared to a #2 pick on a 15/8 rookie season (then promptly abandoned) is not a bad thing.
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#14 » by crows2 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:58 am

Another big game today.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#15 » by MemphisX » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:10 pm

It is hard for me to get over his gait but he is not projected to be some superstar type player. Does some really nice things on the court and seems to be exactly one of those guys you want in the NBA who can come off the bench and guard up and down the line, switch and hit open shots at the very least.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#16 » by EvanZ » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Saints14 wrote:Yo @EvanZ, you got a nice shoutout on the Game Theory podcast from Sam Vecenie

Oh nice. Thanks for telling me!
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#17 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Seems like LSU didn't realize how good he was - he still hasn't played more than 28 minutes in any of their games. It's hard to find a scouting report on him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,147

Post#18 » by Hal14 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:Seems like LSU didn't realize how good he was - he still hasn't played more than 28 minutes in any of their games. It's hard to find a scouting report on him.

I think his low-ish minutes is a combination of 3 factors:

1) It kind of seems like he's not in the greatest shape. Despite playing low-ish mins, I've seen him literally walking around out there at times and at other times he's been bent down tugging on his shorts showing fatigue. He is kind of slow (moves like a quicker center despite having the height and weight of a SF) so it'd make sense if he wasn't in the greatest of shape. Here's his HS tape - he certainly looks more mobile in HS and looks like he's added a few pounds since then for sure:

2) LSU is a deep team with lots of other good players - especially ones who play same position as Eason

3) easing a guy in who is a transfer so new to the team, new to the system (freshman Alex Fudge has low mins too despite really good advanced stats)
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#19 » by DCasey91 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:44 pm

Like him. Not like Bagely at all. True NBA wing size at 6”8 with a real good frame. Athletic but has defensive nous not just relying on his physical traits. I reckon he has more game awareness then Kuminga. Similar body types too. Can bloody rebound

Auto 1st rounder diamond in the rough pick for me. Scouts will probably rate him higher because he really is that size which a big plus. FT routine is the same and the shot is a work in progress but plenty of tools to work with.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#20 » by WargamesX » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:40 am

DCasey91 wrote:Like him. Not like Bagely at all. True NBA wing size at 6”8 with a real good frame. Athletic but has defensive nous not just relying on his physical traits. I reckon he has more game awareness then Kuminga. Similar body types too. Can bloody rebound

Auto 1st rounder diamond in the rough pick for me. Scouts will probably rate him higher because he really is that size which a big plus. FT routine is the same and the shot is a work in progress but plenty of tools to work with.

Yeah I could see him being a late lottery to mid 20’s pick. He can drive but is very right hand dominant. The FT make you think he could be a 3&D guy but the 3 isn’t reliable. He’s also not scared of contact which is a major strength in forwards. I don’t think he has nearly high of a ceiling as Kuminga. In fact perceived lower ceiling is the main thing that probably won’t get him taken earlier. I think he could turn into a Jar Crowder level of roleplayer.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7

Return to NBA Draft