Tari Eason

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Re: Tari Eason 

Post#121 » by CptCrunch » Tue May 10, 2022 11:03 pm

Sell me on Eason (2nd player) over the first player? Don't google.

First player is 3" inches shorter at 6'5" listed with a 6'10.5" wingspan. Eason is at 6'8" listed with a 6'9-7'3" wingspan. First player is a actually younger than Eason by 4 months but is a 25-40 pick on basically every mainstream mock. First player made conference defensive 2nd team playing in a P5 conference.

I suppose Eason is a 3/4 while the first player is a 2/3. Eason is a nice prospect, but there shouldn't be such a disconnect in my mind. Eason is either overrated or the first player is criminally underrated.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,650

Post#122 » by toooskies » Tue May 10, 2022 11:18 pm

CptCrunch wrote:Sell me on Eason (2nd player) over the first player? Don't google.

First player is 3" inches shorter at 6'5" listed with a 6'10.5" wingspan. Eason is at 6'8" listed with a 6'9-7'3" wingspan. First player is a actually younger than Eason by 4 months but is a 25-40 pick on basically every mainstream mock. First player made conference defensive 2nd team playing in a P5 conference.

I suppose Eason is a 3/4 while the first player is a 2/3. Eason is a nice prospect, but there shouldn't be such a disconnect in my mind. Eason is either overrated or the first player is criminally underrated.

Much more volume from Eason in fewer minutes, Eason has much better defensive stats, Eason can get to the line.

First guy is efficient but 13 points in 34 mpg means he isn't getting his own shot all that much. Is that Wendell Moore? It might be excusable with all the mouths to feed at Duke, but OTOH defenses aren't focusing on you either. So it's a tough read on whether he'll be really good or not.

Either way it doesn't look like they play the same position, with guy 1 being a playmaking wing and Eason being a PF, although both might be able to play the 3.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#123 » by clyde21 » Tue May 10, 2022 11:38 pm

CptCrunch wrote:Sell me on Eason (2nd player) over the first player? Don't google.

i mean, depends on what you're looking for? first player looks to be more of an on-ball playmaker, Eason definitely looks like the better defender, also gets to the line at a much higher rate while converting similarly. Eason plays bigger, first player most likely a combo guard.

still waiting for the list of 10 players you're taking top10 over Eason.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach

Post#124 » by CptCrunch » Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 am

clyde21 wrote:

i mean, depends on what you're looking for? first player looks to be more of an on-ball playmaker, Eason definitely looks like the better defender, also gets to the line at a much higher rate while converting similarly. Eason plays bigger, first player most likely a combo guard.

I'm gonna unmute you since you keep on quoting me.

Clearly better (as a prospect) than Eason, you can't deny this:
1. Banchero
2. Holmgren
3. Smith
4. Sharpe
5. Ivey

I won't lose sleep picking them above Eason
6. Duren
7. Dyson
8. Sochan
9. Mathurin
10. Murray

Probably on the same level as Eason, I wouldn't be mad if my team drafted Eason or one of them.

Dieng/Williams/Keels/Griffin/Chandler/Kessler/Branham/TyTy/Hardy/Miller. Eason is a 10-20 prospect, he literally does not stand out.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#125 » by clyde21 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:48 am

CptCrunch wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

1. Banchero
2. Holmgren
3. Smith
4. Sharpe
5. Ivey

6. Duren
7. Dyson
8. Sochan
9. Mathurin
10. Murray

Probably on the same level as Eason, I wouldn't be mad if my team drafted Eason or one of them.

Dieng/Williams/Keels/Griffin/Chandler/Kessler/Branham/TyTy/Hardy/Miller. Eason is a 10-20 prospect, he literally does not stand out.

im very confused, so you would understand if Eason is picked 6th overall? what is the issue here?
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,665

Post#126 » by SelfishPlayer » Wed May 11, 2022 1:04 am

Mathurin is a much better prospect than Eason. Mathurin is actually underrated at this point.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by CptCrunch » Wed May 11, 2022 1:26 am

clyde21 wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

1. Banchero
2. Holmgren
3. Smith
4. Sharpe
5. Ivey

6. Duren
7. Dyson
8. Sochan
9. Mathurin
10. Murray

im very confused, so you would understand if Eason is picked 6th overall? what is the issue here?

Re-read, the list follow the heading. Eason would be 10+. Could draft him near 10, but he doesn't stand out compared to a dozen other players.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#128 » by clyde21 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:30 am

CptCrunch wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:

1. Banchero
2. Holmgren
3. Smith
4. Sharpe
5. Ivey

6. Duren
7. Dyson
8. Sochan
9. Mathurin
10. Murray

Re-read, the list follow the heading. Eason would be 10+. Could draft him near 10, but he doesn't stand out compared to a dozen other players.

why does a guy like Murray stand out but not Eason?
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach

Post#129 » by CptCrunch » Wed May 11, 2022 1:41 am

clyde21 wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

why does a guy like Murray stand out but not Eason?

Outrageous level of counting stats? Production is so outrageous that you have to take a look. Based on counting stats stats, would be a top 3 pick, but everyone already heavily discount his age and play style. He has the 3rd highest PER and 6th highest BPM since 2010+.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#130 » by The Moose » Wed May 11, 2022 2:25 am

Eason has wild box score production too though

Eason had the 13th highest BPM since 2010 and is 9 months younger than Murray.
Eason played 17 games against top 50 schools, Murray played 12, so Eason was also getting his production against better comp.

And actually, against top 50 teams, Eason had a BPM of 12.6 vs Murray's BPM of 11.3

Of Murrays 20 best games according to BPM, 4 came against top 50 teams.
Of Easons 20 best games according to BPM, 10 came against top 50 teams.

also as far as the Wendell Moore vs Eason thing

per 40mins

per 100 poss

I'm someone that thinks Moore should be in the top 20, but Eason is taller, longer, stronger, more athletic and was more productive everywhere outside of playmaking. IMO they have fairly different archetypes anyway
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach

Post#131 » by CptCrunch » Wed May 11, 2022 4:37 am

The Moose wrote:Eason has wild box score production too though

Eason had the 13th highest BPM since 2010 and is 9 months younger than Murray.
Eason played 17 games against top 50 schools, Murray played 12, so Eason was also getting his production against better comp.

And actually, against top 50 teams, Eason had a BPM of 12.6 vs Murray's BPM of 11.3

Of Murrays 20 best games according to BPM, 4 came against top 50 teams.
Of Easons 20 best games according to BPM, 10 came against top 50 teams.

also as far as the Wendell Moore vs Eason thing

per 40mins

per 100 poss

I'm someone that thinks Moore should be in the top 20, but Eason is taller, longer, stronger, more athletic and was more productive everywhere outside of playmaking. IMO they have fairly different archetypes anyway

Can't brush off just playmaking. Moore is a very good play maker for his size. Eason is a non-play maker. Teams are gonna draft Moore to play point guard in the league. Coach K played him at SF for two years without sucess. This year, he shared duties with Roach, Keels, Paolo.

Read on Twitter
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#132 » by MemphisX » Wed May 11, 2022 9:19 am

Wendell Moore is not going to play point guard in the NBA. :noway:
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,379

Post#133 » by JRoy » Wed May 11, 2022 3:16 pm

CptCrunch wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

1. Banchero
2. Holmgren
3. Smith
4. Sharpe
5. Ivey

6. Duren
7. Dyson
8. Sochan
9. Mathurin
10. Murray

I like where you have ranked Griffin. He gets too much love for a guy with zero star potential.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
toooskies
Analyst

Post#134 » by toooskies » Wed May 11, 2022 4:14 pm

JRoy wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

1. Banchero
2. Holmgren
3. Smith
4. Sharpe
5. Ivey

6. Duren
7. Dyson
8. Sochan
9. Mathurin
10. Murray

I like where you have ranked Griffin. He gets too much love for a guy with zero star potential.

Agree. And coincidentally exactly what the Cavs are looking for at #14.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#135 » by JRoy » Wed May 11, 2022 4:23 pm

toooskies wrote:
JRoy wrote:
CptCrunch wrote:

1. Banchero
2. Holmgren
3. Smith
4. Sharpe
5. Ivey

6. Duren
7. Dyson
8. Sochan
9. Mathurin
10. Murray

That might be a great fit but I keep seeing SAC take him in mock drafts.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
toooskies
Analyst

Post#136 » by toooskies » Wed May 11, 2022 5:05 pm

JRoy wrote:
toooskies wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Yeah. Griffin's easy to slot in because most teams could use a plus shooting wing with tools and some amount of possible upside obscured by injuries. But Sacramento is not a shooting wing away from the playoffs, let alone contending. You have to take a shot at someone with more potential.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#137 » by JRoy » Wed May 11, 2022 5:14 pm

toooskies wrote:
JRoy wrote:
toooskies wrote:Agree. And coincidentally exactly what the Cavs are looking for at #14.

Yeah. Griffin's easy to slot in because most teams could use a plus shooting wing with tools and some amount of possible upside obscured by injuries. But Sacramento is not a shooting wing away from the playoffs, let alone contending. You have to take a shot at someone with more potential.

Agreed.

A defensive big guy who can play next to Dabonis might be a good idea. Chet? Duren?

Either would seem a better fit to me.
Edrees wrote:

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#138 » by SelfishPlayer » Wed May 11, 2022 11:34 pm

MemphisX wrote:Wendell Moore is not going to play point guard in the NBA. :noway:

Caruso plays PG in the NBA.

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,877

Post#139 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu May 12, 2022 12:00 am

Wendell could play 'PG' next to another guard who has + handles / passing. I think he could be Brogdan lite' at PG.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#140 » by SelfishPlayer » Thu May 12, 2022 12:39 am

The NBA has moved onto bigger sized lead ball handlers. Some of us are still stuck in the 90's. These guys train for this position, making the reads required for it. Look at who the Raptors used to initiate offense against the Sixers once FVV got injured in the playoff series. Teams are playing smaller players more minutes at the 4 and 5 while playing larger players more minutes at the 1. People talk about 5 out basketball and the switchable 5 while not realizing that NBA teams value a *switchable 1" as well. Moore has potential as a switchable 1. He may at times be able to guard all five players on the opposition considering how small teams are going. He actually has true lead guard court vision and passing skills with the ability to keep his assist to turnover ratio in check. Caruso, Jrue, Oladipo, Derrick White, and the list goes on.

Return to NBA Draft