Tari Eason

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Re: Tari Eason 

Post#221 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon May 23, 2022 2:33 pm

I dont think he has the athleticism of Crash Wallace (But not many do), but I think thats his comparison. They both play with such great energy, and Tari most certainly will be a better shooter (Albeit I still think his slow/low release will relegate him to kickout 3's rather than a guy that can say, come around a screen and hit a 3 with a hand in his face).

He has to be in play for PDX at 7, basically the exact type of player Dame has publically asked for and PDX has the scorers to alleviate his likely inability to create early on - he will do the other stuff that the team pretty sorely lacks (Versatile defense, size, hustle, cutting, hopefully hitting open 3's)
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#222 » by Chi town » Mon May 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Crash is a good comp. Eason will be better. PDX is the best landing spot for him IMO.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,638

Post#223 » by toooskies » Mon May 23, 2022 8:43 pm

He seems to be falling in a lot of mocks, often past the Cavs at 14, where he'd be an interesting fit but wouldn't really have a path to starting unless he could manage SF and clean up his shot mechanics.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#224 » by MasterIchiro » Mon May 23, 2022 11:26 pm

toooskies wrote:He seems to be falling in a lot of mocks, often past the Cavs at 14, where he'd be an interesting fit but wouldn't really have a path to starting unless he could manage SF and clean up his shot mechanics.

Bullseye #13.

Interesting tidbit. Suns interviewed him but don't have a top 15 pick. They have Cam Johnson though about to get a big raise with Ayton. So I would think Cam Johnson is in play for the Cavs. Blazers at 7 could be looking at Ayton. I think the Suns could view Eason as a pivotal piece that works closing games with either Ayton or Cam Johnson. I wouldn't rule out Pelicans at 8 angling for Ayton. They're ferocious right now for such harmless-looking birds.
It has been written...
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#225 » by BoyzNTheHood » Tue May 24, 2022 1:50 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
toooskies wrote:He seems to be falling in a lot of mocks, often past the Cavs at 14, where he'd be an interesting fit but wouldn't really have a path to starting unless he could manage SF and clean up his shot mechanics.

Bullseye #13.

Interesting tidbit. Suns interviewed him but don't have a top 15 pick. They have Cam Johnson though about to get a big raise with Ayton. So I would think Cam Johnson is in play for the Cavs. Blazers at 7 could be looking at Ayton. I think the Suns could view Eason as a pivotal piece that works closing games with either Ayton or Cam Johnson. I wouldn't rule out Pelicans at 8 angling for Ayton. They're ferocious right now for such harmless-looking birds.

Due diligence by the Suns. The Raptors interviewed Mathurin and Dyson Daniels and they rarely move up.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#226 » by The Moose » Fri May 27, 2022 9:00 am

Read on Twitter

30:30 of this video, some interesting news

Believe this guy was at the combine, not 100% sure on that, but he does have some reliable sources

He's reporting Eason has had 2 terrible workouts with mid first round teams that will now pass on him, and thinks that Eason could fall into the 20's, potentially as far as the 2nd round. Concerns about his basketball IQ

Going to be steal in that range if he falls there
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#227 » by clyde21 » Fri May 27, 2022 10:23 am

typical pre draft smokescreens, i don't believe **** that comes out right now...if Eason really did have bad workouts and the teams don't like him why would they release that intel? they'd leak the exact opposite hoping someone above them takes him or trades up and build up value.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#228 » by shangrila » Fri May 27, 2022 10:24 am

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

30:30 of this video, some interesting news

Believe this guy was at the combine, not 100% sure on that, but he does have some reliable sources

He's reporting Eason has had 2 terrible workouts with mid first round teams that will now pass on him, and thinks that Eason could fall into the 20's, potentially as far as the 2nd round. Concerns about his basketball IQ

Going to be steal in that range if he falls there

I’d be surprised if he got past the Wolves.

Not just because I personally like him, but he seems to tick so many of the boxes they’re looking for defensively.

It makes me wonder if his age is playing against him a bit too.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#229 » by shangrila » Fri May 27, 2022 12:46 pm

clyde21 wrote:typical pre draft smokescreens, i don't believe **** that comes out right now...if Eason really did have bad workouts and the teams don't like him why would they release that intel? they'd leak the exact opposite hoping someone above them takes him or trades up and build up value.

I don't know why people assume that every leak comes from a team or is strategically done for some ulterior motive.

Sometimes, stuff just comes out. I remember Tony Ronzone, when he worked for the Wolves, used to just blab internal stuff to local media because that's who he was. Who's to say scouts don't talk?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#230 » by clyde21 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:55 pm

shangrila wrote:
clyde21 wrote:typical pre draft smokescreens, i don't believe **** that comes out right now...if Eason really did have bad workouts and the teams don't like him why would they release that intel? they'd leak the exact opposite hoping someone above them takes him or trades up and build up value.

I don't know why people assume that every leak comes from a team or is strategically done for some ulterior motive.

Sometimes, stuff just comes out. I remember Tony Ronzone, when he worked for the Wolves, used to just blab internal stuff to local media because that's who he was. Who's to say scouts don't talk?

95% of leaks that come out pre draft are BS
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#231 » by CP War Hawks » Fri May 27, 2022 2:58 pm

I can believe the low bbiq reports. Came off the bench for a reason. 2:1 TO to Ast. Doesn't have a left hand and poor passer.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#232 » by kobyz » Fri May 27, 2022 4:31 pm

reminds me Aaron Gordon
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#233 » by K_chile22 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:34 pm

Again, I like Tari, top 20 guy for me, but surprised this board has so much affection for a guy with so little feel and no left hand AT ALL. I get the measurements are great, good defense and shooting indicators are alright, but idk how you can buy into him as a slasher if he can't shoot given he only goes one way and mostly off straight line drives/transition
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,356

Post#234 » by CptCrunch » Fri May 27, 2022 5:16 pm

This pic has always rubbed me the wrong way. Who doesn't take a team shoot seriously?

I can smell potential bad basketball IQ/maturity/interview concerns.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#235 » by K_chile22 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:28 pm

CptCrunch wrote:Image

This pic has always rubbed me the wrong way. Who doesn't take a team shoot seriously?

... I'm hoping you're joking
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#236 » by King Ken » Fri May 27, 2022 5:35 pm

The left hand dominance and questionable shot screams Josh Jackson but Eason has decent BBIQ and a feel for the game. I don't know who he's like in the NBA but I like him.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#237 » by EvanZ » Fri May 27, 2022 6:46 pm

clyde21 wrote:looks like he has monster hands, be curious to see how he measures @ combine...Kawhi vibes physically

Only a 1/4" smaller than Kawhi..
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#238 » by EvanZ » Fri May 27, 2022 6:47 pm

FWIW I've definitely heard the questions from NBA insiders on his approach/IQ.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#239 » by mattao313 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:20 pm

CptCrunch wrote:Image

Lmao this was very funny to me. Also does my guy have a Jerry curl?

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app
Championships
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,638

Post#240 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat May 28, 2022 7:54 am

King Ken wrote:The left hand dominance and questionable shot screams Josh Jackson but Eason has decent BBIQ and a feel for the game. I don't know who he's like in the NBA but I like him.

Josh Jackson was schemed to look good in college. He was put in position to be guarded by college "big men," of varying height, but lacking the perimeter defensive capabilities. Unlike Eason, he didn't break perimeter defenders down off the dribble. Kansas called high speed hand offs to get him going, while Eason can operate out of the isolation triple threat position. They both share a whole lot of similarities and it's a really great comparison if not for Eason showing a decent ability to create his own offense out of isolation against perimeter defenders. JJ was also projected as the #1 overall pick to begin that college season.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.

Return to NBA Draft