azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Re: Shaedon Sharpe - Kentucky 

Post#241 » by azcatz11 » Sat May 7, 2022 5:04 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
What does James Young have to do with anything? UK recruits multiple 5 stars wings every year - not all of em are going to pan out

Same recruiter?

So? Jabari Parker was a 6'8 wing that went to Duke and went #2 overall and he ended up being a massive bust. Jayson Tatum was a 6'8 wing that went to Duke and went #3 overall and he is most likely going to be a 1st team All NBA guy this year.

Lol…I think he’s messing around
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,680

Post#242 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat May 7, 2022 5:05 pm

I've watched tape of Sharpe and he doesn't look good enough against high school competition to warrant people reaching for him in the lottery. He's a sneaky athlete, something like Brandon Roy in that 6'5" sort of body without the super long arms of a Kobe. He gets his shot blocked and altered too much against high schoolers. His superior vertical explosion is rarely utilized, which could be a positive, but you'd then have to judge him as a below the rim player and drafting that sort of prospect straight out of high school is not worth the risk. He has more in common with DeShawn Stevenson as a high school prospect than Kobe/McGrady.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#243 » by Dn4sty » Sat May 7, 2022 6:40 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:I've watched tape of Sharpe and he doesn't look good enough against high school competition to warrant people reaching for him in the lottery. He's a sneaky athlete, something like Brandon Roy in that 6'5" sort of body without the super long arms of a Kobe. He gets his shot blocked and altered too much against high schoolers. His superior vertical explosion is rarely utilized, which could be a positive, but you'd then have to judge him as a below the rim player and drafting that sort of prospect straight out of high school is not worth the risk. He has more in common with DeShawn Stevenson as a high school prospect than Kobe/McGrady.

Maybe I’m not understanding your post, but Sharpe has a 7-0 wingspan and is 6-5 or 6-6. If anything he has super long arms
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,665

Post#244 » by Duke4life831 » Sat May 7, 2022 7:04 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:I've watched tape of Sharpe and he doesn't look good enough against high school competition to warrant people reaching for him in the lottery. He's a sneaky athlete, something like Brandon Roy in that 6'5" sort of body without the super long arms of a Kobe. He gets his shot blocked and altered too much against high schoolers. His superior vertical explosion is rarely utilized, which could be a positive, but you'd then have to judge him as a below the rim player and drafting that sort of prospect straight out of high school is not worth the risk. He has more in common with DeShawn Stevenson as a high school prospect than Kobe/McGrady.

Maybe I’m not understanding your post, but Sharpe has a 7-0 wingspan and is 6-5 or 6-6. If anything he has super long arms

To be fair, I think Sharpe has a good wingspan but I doubt its 7'. Its a reported 7' wingspan, just like his vertical is a reported 49". I tend to take "reported" measurements with a giant grain of salt, unless they come from team USA camps or a pretty well verified source. Just for comparison, AJ Griffin is the same height as Sharpe. But look at the width of his shoulders and the length of his arms compared to Sharpe's, to me there is a clear visible difference. And AJ has a legit 7' wingspan.

Sharpe doesn't have super wide shoulders and his arms dont look freakishly long either. Again not saying he has short arms or a bad wingspan. I just buy the 7' wingspan report as much as I buy the 49" vert report. And I highly doubt he will do any measurements at the combine, so the public will most likely never get an actual legit measurement for him.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#245 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat May 7, 2022 7:56 pm

Dn4sty wrote:

Wingspan denotes arm length?

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#246 » by basketballRob » Sat May 7, 2022 8:43 pm

Sharpe scoring 58 pts., when he was 15. I assume he was 15 because the video is 3 years old. Either way his number was 15, so it's 58 pts., when he was 15.

The meltdown by the opposing coach was kind of funny.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#247 » by basketballRob » Sat May 7, 2022 8:55 pm

Sharpe 47 pts.

Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#248 » by Dn4sty » Sat May 7, 2022 9:08 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

There is a definite correlation, that seems pretty obvious
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#249 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat May 7, 2022 9:27 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

You don't have the correct data to back up your statement regarding his arm length as fact.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#250 » by basketballRob » Sat May 7, 2022 9:41 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

You don't have the correct data to back up your statement regarding his arm length as fact.
Sharpe was asked directly in an interview what his measurements were and he said 6'4" with a 7' wingspan. I assume 6'4" is without shoes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#251 » by K_chile22 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:27 am

Read on Twitter
?t=F084gcL4ezygPQh6D3YTRw&s=19
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#252 » by tmorgan » Tue May 17, 2022 1:59 am

Look at Sharpe doin a bunch of stuff that would definitely be called a travel in college but likely won’t be in the pros. The man knows his audience.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,376

Post#253 » by baldur » Tue May 17, 2022 3:00 am

tmorgan wrote:Look at Sharpe doin a bunch of stuff that would definitely be called a travel in college but likely won’t be in the pros. The man knows his audience.

Harden ruined the nba.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#254 » by CptCrunch » Tue May 17, 2022 3:15 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=F084gcL4ezygPQh6D3YTRw&s=19

https://i.imgur.com/LNvTFCk.png

Rim (10 ft) - Gap (6 inches to be safe) - Sharpe Height (6'5 ft) = at least 36 inch vertical

Advancedvideometrics here. He is pretty hoppy regardless. Hope he does the jumping drills because that 49" inch vertical is a little bull.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#255 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue May 17, 2022 3:18 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

To be fair, I think Sharpe has a good wingspan but I doubt its 7'. Its a reported 7' wingspan, just like his vertical is a reported 49". I tend to take "reported" measurements with a giant grain of salt, unless they come from team USA camps or a pretty well verified source. Just for comparison, AJ Griffin is the same height as Sharpe. But look at the width of his shoulders and the length of his arms compared to Sharpe's, to me there is a clear visible difference. And AJ has a legit 7' wingspan.

Sharpe doesn't have super wide shoulders and his arms dont look freakishly long either. Again not saying he has short arms or a bad wingspan. I just buy the 7' wingspan report as much as I buy the 49" vert report. And I highly doubt he will do any measurements at the combine, so the public will most likely never get an actual legit measurement for him.

I know nothing, but it strikes me that guy can go through an nba combine/get drafted by the nba and never get a check on his vertical leap of like "wingspan" or arm length or anything. You'd think these athletes would be tested all the time.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#256 » by tmorgan » Tue May 17, 2022 3:25 am

baldur wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Look at Sharpe doin a bunch of stuff that would definitely be called a travel in college but likely won’t be in the pros. The man knows his audience.

Harden ruined the nba.

Does that hesi slow mo half spin nonsense actually work for anyone to create separation? I guess if it’s a counter to another faster move in the other direction, but that looks ineffective as all hell.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#257 » by The Moose » Tue May 17, 2022 3:29 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

I know nothing, but it strikes me that guy can go through an nba combine/get drafted by the nba and never get a check on his vertical leap of like "wingspan" or arm length or anything. You'd think these athletes would be tested all the time.

I would think that teams will test him at private workouts
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,665

Post#258 » by Duke4life831 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:56 am

The Moose wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Ya agreed. And that is why I said the "public" will most likely never get an actual legit measurement. No doubt teams are going to measure his wingspan and put him through athletic drills. But ya we practically never get any measurements from private pre draft workouts as the public. No doubt the teams will get accurate measurements. But I doubt we as fans will ever get an actual measurement.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#259 » by MemphisX » Tue May 17, 2022 3:58 am

Easily should be the #1 pick.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#260 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue May 17, 2022 5:20 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
The Moose wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:

Ya agreed. And that is why I said the "public" will most likely never get an actual legit measurement. No doubt teams are going to measure his wingspan and put him through athletic drills. But ya we practically never get any measurements from private pre draft workouts as the public. No doubt the teams will get accurate measurements. But I doubt we as fans will ever get an actual measurement.

And the public never notices that it's always the private workouts that people can't verify that are the ones where the guy is actually 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than his listed stats.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to NBA Draft