Sleeper Prospects

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Drgaliza2
Freshman
And1: 19

Re: Sleeper Prospects 

Post#61 » by Drgaliza2 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 7:14 am

I would say it again.. it has to be kai sotto.. he is not even on espn mock draft nor bleacher report.. but got invited by 12 teams for workouts (that is almost half of nba teams total). He ranks 100+ in nbadraft.com. He was not in sports illustrated initial predraft combine mock draft but he suddenly went from undrafted to rank 49 few days after work out in orlando and new york which is absurd. Looks like he is impressive in this work outs. He is really under the radar it seems. Yes he only have 7.5 ppg and 4.5 rpg and 39% from 3pt but that is mostly because he is playing under 12 mins per game most of the time in a rookie season, receiving little touches unlike the other prospects and he is playing against grown men in a pro league NBL. They say can he defend guards? Well He defended dellavedova in nbl and showed lateral quickness (dellavedova is by no means slow guard) and im sure he can improve more as he mature and gain weight. Hes offensive skill set as a bigman at 19 years old is more advanced than most bigman in the class. What separate him from other bigman is his basketball iq in my opinion. You can set your plays off him and he will make the right play. At 7’3 with good mobility and that skill set not being on mock draft list is a big sleeper of all sleeping sleeper in the history of nba in my opinion. He only made it to sports illustrated mock drafting list is because of nba workouts that happened in just days.. meaning he is really under radar..
rolling_91
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#62 » by rolling_91 » Sat Jun 4, 2022 2:30 pm

Dalen Terry has very good basketball skills and a high basketball iq, the question to me is, what kind of athlete is he? He didn't do any of the athletic testing at the combine which leads me to wonder if he knew he wasn't going to test well so he passed on it. There's just a certain baseline of athleticism that you need in the land of freaks and Terry seems like he might be below average. He finishes a lot with dunks but he's not a high flyer, he just has really long arms. Really smart, skilled player but late in the 1st seems about right for him.

I don't know what constitutes sleeper in this thread but TyTy Washington is a lot better than he's being talked about. Super smooth, can get anywhere he wants with the great handle and athleticism, good shot mechanics. You can see that he's gonna be a good shooter. Give him the ball and let him run your team. I agree with the people who say the Knicks or Wizards could use him. I think he's going to be an impact player right from the jump.

Jalen Williams is my favorite player in the draft. Excellent basketball skills. Very high basketball iq. Perfect fit for the Cavs at the 3. If he's there at 14 and they pass on him for the biggest bust in the draft Eason they're never going to live it down.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#63 » by Chi town » Sat Jun 4, 2022 3:57 pm

jezzerinho wrote:Procida a +16 in Bologna's win over Treviso.

He looks more impressive with nearly every outing.

6/7 2PT
1/5 3PT (unlike him....)
3/4 FT
2 OREB
5 DREB
2 STL
2 BLK

Limited highlights here:

Tyler Herro 2.0.

Procida has been my guy at 18 for the Bulls. I think he goes in the top 25.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#64 » by Chi town » Sat Jun 4, 2022 3:59 pm

rolling_91 wrote:Dalen Terry has very good basketball skills and a high basketball iq, the question to me is, what kind of athlete is he? He didn't do any of the athletic testing at the combine which leads me to wonder if he knew he wasn't going to test well so he passed on it. There's just a certain baseline of athleticism that you need in the land of freaks and Terry seems like he might be below average. He finishes a lot with dunks but he's not a high flyer, he just has really long arms. Really smart, skilled player but late in the 1st seems about right for him.

I don't know what constitutes sleeper in this thread but TyTy Washington is a lot better than he's being talked about. Super smooth, can get anywhere he wants with the great handle and athleticism, good shot mechanics. You can see that he's gonna be a good shooter. Give him the ball and let him run your team. I agree with the people who say the Knicks or Wizards could use him. I think he's going to be an impact player right from the jump.

Jalen Williams is my favorite player in the draft. Excellent basketball skills. Very high basketball iq. Perfect fit for the Cavs at the 3. If he's there at 14 and they pass on him for the biggest bust in the draft Eason they're never going to live it down.

I think Terry can be like Bullock but a better passer. Plug and play.

Not into Jalen Williams. Looks slow. Good IQ but nothing pops. Don’t see the defense either.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#65 » by Chi town » Sat Jun 4, 2022 3:59 pm

rolling_91 wrote:Dalen Terry has very good basketball skills and a high basketball iq, the question to me is, what kind of athlete is he? He didn't do any of the athletic testing at the combine which leads me to wonder if he knew he wasn't going to test well so he passed on it. There's just a certain baseline of athleticism that you need in the land of freaks and Terry seems like he might be below average. He finishes a lot with dunks but he's not a high flyer, he just has really long arms. Really smart, skilled player but late in the 1st seems about right for him.

Not into Jalen Williams. Looks slow. Good IQ but nothing pops. Don’t see the defense either.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#66 » by Chi town » Sat Jun 4, 2022 3:59 pm

Chi town
RealGM

Post#67 » by Chi town » Sat Jun 4, 2022 4:00 pm

JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,386

Post#68 » by JRoy » Sat Jun 4, 2022 7:57 pm

Curious why you think Eason will bust.

Is it his limited handle and bbiq on offense?
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#69 » by Coeur » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:34 am

Right now it’s a Jaden Hardy or Kendall Brown.

Huge jumps up to and then passed by guys like Dyson D and Sochan. All after season. Games done. Seems odd those 2 are 10-15- even 20+ picks behind their former teammates. In both cases
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#70 » by Toxicity » Mon Jun 6, 2022 7:56 pm

Chi town wrote:

6/7 2PT
1/5 3PT (unlike him....)
3/4 FT
2 OREB
5 DREB
2 STL
2 BLK

Limited highlights here:

Tyler Herro 2.0.

More athletic and physical but Procida hasn't the Herro's handles... highly doubt he could ever be the scorer Tyler is.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,527

Post#71 » by 165bows » Mon Jun 6, 2022 10:04 pm

Drgaliza2 wrote:I would say it again.. it has to be kai sotto.. he is not even on espn mock draft nor bleacher report.. but got invited by 12 teams for workouts (that is almost half of nba teams total). He ranks 100+ in nbadraft.com. He was not in sports illustrated initial predraft combine mock draft but he suddenly went from undrafted to rank 49 few days after work out in orlando and new york which is absurd. Looks like he is impressive in this work outs. He is really under the radar it seems. Yes he only have 7.5 ppg and 4.5 rpg and 39% from 3pt but that is mostly because he is playing under 12 mins per game most of the time in a rookie season, receiving little touches unlike the other prospects and he is playing against grown men in a pro league NBL. They say can he defend guards? Well He defended dellavedova in nbl and showed lateral quickness (dellavedova is by no means slow guard) and im sure he can improve more as he mature and gain weight. Hes offensive skill set as a bigman at 19 years old is more advanced than most bigman in the class. What separate him from other bigman is his basketball iq in my opinion. You can set your plays off him and he will make the right play. At 7’3 with good mobility and that skill set not being on mock draft list is a big sleeper of all sleeping sleeper in the history of nba in my opinion. He only made it to sports illustrated mock drafting list is because of nba workouts that happened in just days.. meaning he is really under radar..

What's better about him than John Butler?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#72 » by Chi town » Mon Jun 6, 2022 10:05 pm

Toxicity wrote:
Chi town wrote:

6/7 2PT
1/5 3PT (unlike him....)
3/4 FT
2 OREB
5 DREB
2 STL
2 BLK

Limited highlights here:

Tyler Herro 2.0.

More athletic and physical but Procida hasn't the Herro's handles... highly doubt he could ever be the scorer Tyler is.

He wont' be but he will be a much more playable defender and shooter.
rolling_91
Freshman
And1: 86

Post#73 » by rolling_91 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:40 am

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I called Eason a bust. That's not fair. And what do I know. I never root against these young players. I always want to see them develop into good players.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,386

Post#74 » by JRoy » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:32 pm

rolling_91 wrote:I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I called Eason a bust. That's not fair. And what do I know. I never root against these young players. I always want to see them develop into good players.

No worries, just curious what you think might hold him back as a player.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#75 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:20 pm

Gui Santos, Dereon Seabron stick out in the 2nd round to me.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#76 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 am

Jaylin Williams
Bryce McGowens
Ibou Badji
Matteo Spagnolo
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,669

Post#77 » by SelfishPlayer » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:45 pm

The prospects at the point guard position are overlooked. Kennedy Chandler and Andrew Nemhard are really good. Chandler should actually IMO be valued more like TyTy in that people regularly find a way to fit him into the lottery. I think that's because of UK guards having a history of outperforming their draft selection and projection. Nembhard has some Rod Strickland, Andre Miller, Sam Cassell, in his game with a natural unselfishness and three point shot which separates him a bit from them.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
bucknut
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#78 » by bucknut » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm

Is Kam McGusty not even on anyones radar ? ...He is one of the prettiest scorers out there. Looks the part athletically.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,183

Post#79 » by God Squad » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:21 am

Dereon Seabron
Jaylin Williams
Bryce Mcgowens
Justin Lewis

& Whoever Masai drafts
bucknut
Sophomore