Adem Bona

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,244

Re: Adem Bona 

Post#41 » by Chuck Everett » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:05 pm

He's clearly going to have to play the 4 spot. Maybe he can get away with a small ball five in some crunch situations, but his future will be at the PF.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#42 » by The-Power » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:53 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
The-Power wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I'm sorry if you (or anyone else) has a problem with that. It's still my opinion. If I'm eventually wrong I'll come here and say it too.

How would you ever admit to being wrong when you cannot even accept the official measurements as valid?

Am I allowed to disagree on an official measurement?

Have they been reliable 100% of the time in the past?

Am I allowed to change my opinion whenever I want?

Do I have to ask for your permission whenever I want to post?

Weird response. I'm just pointing out that if official measurements aren't good enough for you then there's probably nothing that will ever convince you that you're wrong. You're free to believe whatever you want and post whatever you want, I really don't care (although you shouldn't expect that others will believe your crude ‘eye-test’ over official measurements; and you should be willing to accept that other posters respond to you when they feel like it, too).
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 734

Post#43 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:37 am

Chuck Everett wrote:He's clearly going to have to play the 4 spot. Maybe he can get away with a small ball five in some crunch situations, but his future will be at the PF.

He's a center or not an NBA player.

He's 0/1 in his college career from three, you cannot play guys like this at PF or you lose instantly.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 11,244

Post#44 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:44 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:He's clearly going to have to play the 4 spot. Maybe he can get away with a small ball five in some crunch situations, but his future will be at the PF.

He's a center or not an NBA player.

He's 0/1 in his college career from three, you cannot play guys like this at PF or you lose instantly.

He's going to have to develop a jumpshot or it won't work. I'm not going to kill his ability to do so just because he plays under a coach like Cronin. Cronin probably doesn't let him shoot jumpers like that.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#45 » by DaddyCool19 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:55 am

Dude has a 9'2,5 standing reach. That's probably the average reach of players who are like 6'10 without shoes. And if he just grows 1 cm until the draft, they would probably list him at 6'8,75 without shoes, which would be a legit 6'10 in shoes a couple years ago. That doesn't sound undersized to me. Especially with those long arms
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#46 » by freestyler34 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:28 pm

His foot speed for his size is crazy, he can guard all positions easily , he will be a nightmate on switches.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#47 » by BlazersBroncos » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:39 pm

Isnt he basically the same size as OO who is clearly a C?
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 734

Post#48 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:10 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:Isnt he basically the same size as OO who is clearly a C?

Yeah.

The issue is that the Hawks have never trusted OO to start because they think he's way too small so idk.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#49 » by clyde21 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:36 am

how many 6-8 or 6-9 centers are starting in the league right now? only ones I can think of are Looney, Sabonis, Sengun, Bam, and Duren.

Loon is a part time starter, Duren hasn't proven anything, and Sabonis/Bam/Sengun are great playmakers for their position. the path for guys like Bona to start in the league at the 5 is pretty slim at this point...maybe a few years ago it was okay but the league has quickly gotten very big at center the last few years.

that's not to say he can't have a role as a rim runner and multi point defender as a combo big coming off the bench but yea, unless he's an outlier physical specimen or an offensive hub don't see the path to be a starter yet.
freestyler34
Pro Prospect
And1: 459

Post#50 » by freestyler34 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:19 am

clyde21 wrote:how many 6-8 or 6-9 centers are starting in the league right now? only ones I can think of are Looney, Sabonis, Sengun, Bam, and Duren.

Loon is a part time starter, Duren hasn't proven anything, and Sabonis/Bam/Sengun are great playmakers for their position. the path for guys like Bona to start in the league at the 5 is pretty slim at this point...maybe a few years ago it was okay but the league has quickly gotten very big at center the last few years.

that's not to say he can't have a role as a rim runner and multi point defender as a combo big coming off the bench but yea, unless he's an outlier physical specimen or an offensive hub don't see the path to be a starter yet.

Sengun is 6-11 now he has grown 2 inches since last season

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/sengual01.html

As for Bona his elite attributes is his foot speed and elite defence, he can guard all positions , hes kinda undersized for the Center position but he will be very important on the NBA rotations especially for the Playoff games IMO, if he can add a mid range jumper hes a starter in this league .
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#51 » by peZt » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:49 pm

He would be perfect on the Thunder next to Chet
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#52 » by BlazersBroncos » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:50 pm

peZt wrote:He would be perfect on the Thunder next to Chet

Ya he would - albeit I think his lack of shooting would make Presti pause. Otherwise, its 100% ideal.

He is absurdly switchy for his size.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#53 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:26 pm

I’m a huge fan of his, the dude is a freak athlete.

But with that said, I say this every year pretty much now. Late 1st or early 2nd is where I would take him. Defensive 1st rim runners are pretty easy to find nowadays. And there isn’t a big enough difference in impact between the majority of them to take them high in the draft.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#54 » by clyde21 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:05 am

Duke4life831 wrote:I’m a huge fan of his, the dude is a freak athlete.

But with that said, I say this every year pretty much now. Late 1st or early 2nd is where I would take him. Defensive 1st rim runners are pretty easy to find nowadays. And there isn’t a big enough difference in impact between the majority of them to take them high in the draft.

that's probably a good spot for him, maybe a little higher just because it's not a great draft but the ceiling on guys like this just doesn't really exist no matter who athletic they are.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#55 » by The-Power » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:57 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I’m a huge fan of his, the dude is a freak athlete.

How much of a defender is he actually?
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,979

Post#56 » by BigGargamel » Fri Dec 1, 2023 11:36 pm

This is one of the guys I would like Denver to target late in the first round. I don't think he has starting potential like Filipowski, Ware or Clingan, but I like him for spots as a backup 4/5 who brings energy and blocks some shots.

Return to NBA Draft