Who is your 2022 prospect who will be shockingly better than his draft stock?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,301

Re: Who is your 2022 prospect who will be shockingly better than his draft stock? 

Post#41 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:56 pm

Tari Eason. He plays like a cross between Herb Jones and Jerami Grant. He is long, athletic, has an NBA body, does everything well, handles better than many players with his length, can create his own shot, underrated passer, feisty on the boards, can generate blocks and steals. Herb Jones was pick 35 and Grant was pick 39. Those two have soared past their draft stock.

I love Ochai Agbaji at 13 but would not cry if both are there and the Hornets took Eason. Of course the Cavs would grab Agbaji which would piss me off but either way I think the Cavs grab one of them. They are loaded with core young talent (Garland - Mobley - Allen) so they will be looking at floor raisers here. Draft age will not matter. They have upside and look like a playoff team potentially.
It has been written...
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: Who is your 2022 prospect who will be shockingly better than his draft stock? 

Post#42 » by EMG518 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:21 pm

Going off of where I see players currently being projected. Neither of these guys seem to be getting any looks until atleast the late 1st.

Gabriele Procida
Wendell Moore Jr.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#43 » by retrobro90 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:02 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Tari Eason. He plays like a cross between Herb Jones and Jerami Grant. He is long, athletic, has an NBA body, does everything well, handles better than many players with his length, can create his own shot, underrated passer, feisty on the boards, can generate blocks and steals. Herb Jones was pick 35 and Grant was pick 39. Those two have soared past their draft stock.

I love Ochai Agbaji at 13 but would not cry if both are there and the Hornets took Eason. Of course the Cavs would grab Agbaji which would piss me off but either way I think the Cavs grab one of them. They are loaded with core young talent (Garland - Mobley - Allen) so they will be looking at floor raisers here. Draft age will not matter. They have upside and look like a playoff team potentially.

I feel the opposite about Eason. Everything I hear from LSU fans is that he's 100% theoretical and a low IQ player. He's for sure got some physical tools and goes hard on offensive rebounds etc but seems like he doesnt know where to be on either end. Shot is very much a work in progress. I'm pretty low on him compared to those who have him in the mid lotto.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#44 » by DayofMourning » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:30 pm

Kalela wrote:Christian Koloko. I guess it depends on where he is drafted but I see good NBA player in him.

Was going to say the same. Smart. Moves well for his size. Good form on his shot. I like him over some of the guys mocked ahead of him. I hope Miami takes him if he makes it to their pick.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,094

Post#45 » by The Moose » Thu May 5, 2022 7:27 am

2nd rounders: Jake Laravia, Keon Ellis, Jalen Slawson, Vince Williams, Dalen Terry, Julian Champagnie
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,045

Post#46 » by shangrila » Thu May 5, 2022 9:01 am

Matthew Mayer
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#47 » by Catchall » Fri May 6, 2022 5:45 am

Tari Eason is this year's candidate to rise into the top half of the lottery a la Patrick Williams and Scottie Barnes, imo. So for now, I think he's undervalued.

I think Jalen Duren is likely to be the next Bam Adebayo. I'm not sure exactly where his draft stock is, but he should be top 8, imo.

I agree that Wendell Moore should go mid-1st. He'll be a solid 3D wing.

I think that Jaden Hardy will be a legit scorer and is being underrated. He'll shoot better than he did in the G-league. I'd be comfortable with him in the mid-1st.

Roko Prkacin seems to have fallen off the map. Not sure if he's even in the draft. Last year, I thought he was the value-pick version of Franz Wagner.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#48 » by Xanadu » Thu May 19, 2022 7:32 am

Think it's becoming Johnny Davis every day that passes. He stock will continue to go down with little real reason. Instead he being taken top ten where he should be based on his incredible play. Especially taken with the knowledge that he improved from 8th man to Big Ten PoY in ONE year. But for some reason everyone thinks he is a inefficient mid range shooter who has smallest chance of drastically improving due to some reason I still can't figure out. Especially when he already showed the biggest improvement in college basketball last year. I don't get it. I understand the concerns that he doesn't have any elite NBA skill that is already evident. But he is going to have some people wondering how the hell did he improve so fast as a shooter or passer maybe both lol. I going with bold comp for him that I suddenly thought of but will need to research more. That comp is one Brandon Roy and that's who David reminds me of. If you don't know a healthy Roy is a surefire HoF imo. Need to check into Roy the prospect more but I think they are very similar players if my memory isn't totally wrong.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#49 » by EMG518 » Thu May 19, 2022 2:48 pm

EMG518 wrote:Going off of where I see players currently being projected. Neither of these guys seem to be getting any looks until atleast the late 1st.

Gabriele Procida
Wendell Moore Jr.

I want to add Jalen Williams
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#50 » by treefi » Thu May 19, 2022 6:19 pm

I feel like Dyson Daniels' draft stock has caught up to reality. Same with Tari Eason. Jalen Duren has also gotten the boost he deserved into top 10 as his age/potential sunk in...

Otherwise:
SG Malaki Branham - see him going late teens, should go middle of lottery.
C Mark Williams - see him going in the 20s, should go late lottery.
PG/SG Jalen Williams - see him going early 2nd, should go in the 20s.
SF/PF Leonard Miller - see him going early 2nd, should go late 1st.
PF/C Michael Foster - see him going 2nd, should go late 1st.

SG Jaden Hardy could also be sneaky and suddenly play like a top 5 player of this draft class.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#51 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Mark Williams.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#52 » by jman3134 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:48 pm

Right now Gui Santos isn't even on the radar to be drafted. 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan and good athleticism and ball skills. It is highway robbery for the team who picks this 19 year old. Shot consistency is still a work in progress, but the mechanics are very very workable. Super high upside.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#53 » by Fat » Sun May 22, 2022 1:42 am

Jaden hardy
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 383

Post#54 » by pad300 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:09 pm

jman3134 wrote:Right now Gui Santos isn't even on the radar to be drafted. 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan and good athleticism and ball skills. It is highway robbery for the team who picks this 19 year old. Shot consistency is still a work in progress, but the mechanics are very very workable. Super high upside.

Is he in this years draft?
radtech
Senior
And1: 46

Post#55 » by radtech » Mon May 23, 2022 12:03 am

Marcus Sasser, G, Houston

Projected to be a second round pick or free agent.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,356

Post#56 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 23, 2022 2:53 am

This kid. Former lottery prospect, if he falls out of the top-20, he has a legit chance to greatly outplay his draft position.

All Star talent if he manages to hit anywhere near his ceiling. But it'll require years of development to get there. I love him for SAS at #25.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#57 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon May 23, 2022 3:27 am

The problem with Baldwin is that he's not big for a paint player, and he'll probably be the worst athlete in the league on the perimeter. He might really struggle defending or creating any separation at all.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#58 » by jman3134 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:17 am

pad300 wrote:
jman3134 wrote:Right now Gui Santos isn't even on the radar to be drafted. 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan and good athleticism and ball skills. It is highway robbery for the team who picks this 19 year old. Shot consistency is still a work in progress, but the mechanics are very very workable. Super high upside.

Is he in this years draft?

He is indeed and will shock everyone.
rolling_91
Freshman
And1: 86

Re: Who is your 2022 prospect who will be shockingly better than his draft sto 

Post#59 » by rolling_91 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 am

Max Christie.

His stock is down because of a poor shooting freshman season but I think a lot of it was the adjustment of a high school star to Izzo’s system and the task of playing defense to his coach’s standards. His mechanics are good, he is known as a good shooter and he has an offensive repertoire that suits the NBA game. The fact that he measured out pretty well and is a very good athlete seals it for me. This kid has the goods. He’s going to start shooting it well again and some team is going to celebrate getting him later in the draft.
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 379

Post#60 » by dawhizz » Tue May 24, 2022 6:17 pm

Ron Harper Jr. I think he can play right away and he’s not gonna back down from anyone.
"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith

Return to NBA Draft