Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Re: Leonard Miller 

Post#61 » by shangrila » Sat May 21, 2022 7:03 am

Catchall wrote:
shangrila wrote:I’d take him at 19.

This draft is so flat you might as well take swings on guys like him, Dieng, even Hardy I guess.

I believe much more in Dieng and Hardy than this guy. The former two played in pro leagues and competed well.

Yeah I cooled on him a bit.

He’s a late 1st early 2nd kind of guy. He’s raw but the potential is nuts. Get him in a good development program and you’ll be cheering.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#62 » by Catchall » Sat May 21, 2022 7:21 am

shangrila wrote:
Catchall wrote:
shangrila wrote:I’d take him at 19.

This draft is so flat you might as well take swings on guys like him, Dieng, even Hardy I guess.

I believe much more in Dieng and Hardy than this guy. The former two played in pro leagues and competed well.

Yeah I cooled on him a bit.

He’s a late 1st early 2nd kind of guy. He’s raw but the potential is nuts. Get him in a good development program and you’ll be cheering.

For all intents and purposes, he's like the Jaden McDaniels of this draft. You're betting on his H.S. rating and his physical tools.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#63 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:25 pm

Miller has withdrawn from the draft and is going to play for the ignite per the wiretap. Great decision, IMO, he's a bad basketball player right now.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,670

Post#64 » by SelfishPlayer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:36 pm

So this upcoming season will be his second season out of high school. Prep school for a season then minor league pros for another season is a bad trend IMO.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#65 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:49 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:So this upcoming season will be his second season out of high school. Prep school for a season then minor league pros for another season is a bad trend IMO.

Why? Better than prep season to college.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#66 » by SelfishPlayer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:01 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:So this upcoming season will be his second season out of high school. Prep school for a season then minor league pros for another season is a bad trend IMO.

Why? Better than prep season to college.

I'm not in favor of guys playing for free, but how many prep to minor league pros have ever been a #1 overall pick in comparison to prep to college? There have even been high school #1 overall picks and perhaps even prep #1 overall picks.

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#67 » by CptCrunch » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:01 pm

This was a terrible choice unless he couldn't get drafted.

Working to get drafted by a good org in the second round is better from a developmental perspective.

Unless you think he can 'reset' next year and go lotto, his career earning expectation is going to be negative starting one year late.

There is basically no reason any player should defer the NBA unless they get millions in NIL money from a college team with the alternative being drafted in the second round. (Like Terquavion Smith getting $7mil from NC State boosters)
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#68 » by SelfishPlayer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:05 pm

CptCrunch wrote:This was a terrible choice unless he couldn't get drafted.

Working to get drafted by a good org in the second round is better from a developmental perspective.

Unless you think he can 'reset' next year and go lotto, his career earning expectation is going to be negative starting one year late.

There is basically no reason any player should defer the NBA unless they get millions in NIL money from a college team with the alternative being drafted in the second round. (Like Terquavion Smith getting $7mil from NC State boosters)

Do you have a link to that information?

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#69 » by CptCrunch » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:47 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:

It was a rumor on NC State forums, PackPride, nothing official.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#70 » by SelfishPlayer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:04 pm

CptCrunch wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

It was a rumor on NC State forums, PackPride, nothing official.

Okay. He's probably going to dominate next season.

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,198

Post#71 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:14 pm

On3 dropped him all the way to 16, pretty funny
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,152

Post#72 » by Hal14 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:12 am

Cool story:

1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#73 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:55 pm

Where’s this guy going to end up drafted?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#74 » by The Moose » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Feels like he's being underrated, he should be pushing top 10
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#75 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:18 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Where’s this guy going to end up drafted?

i'll be honest, and of course i'll get flamed for this, but i have him #4 on my board. i feel like he has as much upside as anybody in the draft outside the top three, but i also feel like his floor is higher than nearly every prospect in the draft, including scoot and b miller.

in terms of his floor, you don't dominate grown ass men in the g league at age 19 unless you can play. almost guaranteed at the very least he'll be a rotation frontcourt player in the nba for 10+ years. yet he still has big time upside.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#76 » by kobyz » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:08 pm

I see him and noah clowney as exactly the same players
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#77 » by The-Power » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:10 pm

The Moose wrote:Feels like he's being underrated, he should be pushing top 10

What makes him a top 10 pick in your opinion? What role do you envision for him at the next level?
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#78 » by The Moose » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:34 pm

The-Power wrote:
The Moose wrote:Feels like he's being underrated, he should be pushing top 10

What makes him a top 10 pick in your opinion? What role do you envision for him at the next level?

Very productive in the gleague at 19, very efficient on decent usage, strong rebounder, 80% ft shooter. s\Some level of guard skills in a 6'10, 210 lb, 7'2 wingspan frame, who can defend. He's another bigger guy that grew up playing guard, and has a unique skillset for his size now. In terms of role, I think he has a very high chance of being a rotation 4 who brings interior scoring, transition playmaking, feel and defense. If the shot develops, possibly a legit initiator
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,152

Post#79 » by Hal14 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:29 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Where’s this guy going to end up drafted?

i'll be honest, and of course i'll get flamed for this, but i have him #4 on my board. i feel like he has as much upside as anybody in the draft outside the top three, but i also feel like his floor is higher than nearly every prospect in the draft, including scoot and b miller.

in terms of his floor, you don't dominate grown ass men in the g league at age 19 unless you can play. almost guaranteed at the very least he'll be a rotation frontcourt player in the nba for 10+ years. yet he still has big time upside.

Michael Foster Jr. was also a PF with questionable shooting, high turnovers and put up similar PPG and RPG numbers for the Ignite..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#80 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:39 pm

kobyz wrote:I see him and noah clowney as exactly the same players

Clowney cant shoot though. Miller is a near 80% FT shooter, Noah is 64%.

I would bet that Miller's 3PT shot develops, not taking that bet on Noah.

Return to NBA Draft