Leonard Miller

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

CoinTossRoss31
Rookie
And1: 1,253

Re: Leonard Miller 

Post#41 » by CoinTossRoss31 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:28 pm

I'd be shocked if the raptors passed on him with their 33rd pick. Would mean to me that he doesn't have the work ethic they look for
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,068

Post#42 » by Wizop » Thu May 19, 2022 8:52 pm

CoinTossRoss31 wrote:I'd be shocked if the raptors passed on him with their 33rd pick. Would mean to me that he doesn't have the work ethic they look for

he's high on my list for the Pacers at 31 assuming we don't use the pick to trade up.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,579

Post#43 » by MemphisX » Thu May 19, 2022 9:12 pm

Looked horrible in scrimmage.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Wizop
RealGM

Post#44 » by Wizop » Thu May 19, 2022 9:37 pm

MemphisX wrote:Looked horrible in scrimmage.
Haven't watched them yet but scrimmages and workouts matter.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Post#45 » by God Squad » Fri May 20, 2022 8:28 am

He's not ready yet at all. ATM he's all measurements and lacking the basketball skill. IMO he's one player that could benefit hugely by going to college.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#46 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri May 20, 2022 9:15 am

God Squad wrote:He's not ready yet at all. ATM he's all measurements and lacking the basketball skill. IMO he's one player that could benefit hugely by going to college.

I think he is better off in the NBA being developed by a pro staff and a private coach. He already is a full time perimeter player at his size being that he had a late growth spurt. There is no need for him to go to a Baylor and do very little like Kendell Brown.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#47 » by God Squad » Fri May 20, 2022 9:21 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
God Squad wrote:He's not ready yet at all. ATM he's all measurements and lacking the basketball skill. IMO he's one player that could benefit hugely by going to college.

I think he is better off in the NBA being developed by a pro staff and a private coach. He already is a full time perimeter player at his size being that he had a late growth spurt. There is no need for him to go to a Baylor and do very little like Kendell Brown.

He needs to go to Baylor and learn how to play organized basketball. His shot selection is shaky, same with his iq and defense. . Hopefully he'll realize he's much further away than he expected and goes to school.

Other than measurements I'm not seeing what you all are.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#48 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri May 20, 2022 9:25 am

God Squad wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

He needs to go to Baylor and learn how to play organized basketball. His shot selection is shaky, same with his iq and defense. . Hopefully he'll realize he's much further away than he expected and goes to school.

College basketball is a different game than NBA basketball. What he will learn on that level will never match what he will learn as an actual NBA player.

God Squad
RealGM

Post#49 » by God Squad » Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
God Squad wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

College basketball is a different game than NBA basketball. What he will learn on that level will never match what he will learn as an actual NBA player.

He won't actually play NBA minutes I don't think. He'll be a 2 year g-league product, maybe getting recalled for depth. He might as well go to school and build his draft stock with "Actual" system basketball. But I don't care really as he's the typical bust that pushes a better prospect down.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#50 » by SelfishPlayer » Fri May 20, 2022 10:58 am

God Squad wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
God Squad wrote:He needs to go to Baylor and learn how to play organized basketball. His shot selection is shaky, same with his iq and defense. . Hopefully he'll realize he's much further away than he expected and goes to school.

He won't actually play NBA minutes I don't think. He'll be a 2 year g-league product, maybe getting recalled for depth. He might as well go to school and build his draft stock with "Actual" system basketball. But I don't care really as he's the typical bust that pushes a better prospect down.

Injury?

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#51 » by CptCrunch » Fri May 20, 2022 2:51 pm

No one ever benefits from going to college (unless the alternative is being drafted by like the Kings, etc). Going to college reduces risks to the NBA team themselves. Going to college only benefits the team in letting them more accurately assess risk and developmental trajectories.

Leonard looked terrible in scrimmage. If he shows the necessary skills, he'll get a developmental pick in the 2nd round at this point.

Looks like On3 blew a lot of smoke in their #2 ranking of him.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#52 » by Wizop » Fri May 20, 2022 3:28 pm

CptCrunch wrote:No one ever benefits from going to college

we should revisit this in a year. NIL could change the calculation by making the pay in college competitive with playing in a minor pro league.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Post#53 » by pad300 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:45 pm

As an 'International' (Canadian), is he in a position where he can withdraw late (ie post combine and feedback from teams)?
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#54 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri May 20, 2022 6:27 pm

yep, playing basketball 24/7, working with nba coaches, development, strength and conditioning, practicing against pros/grown men, etc - if you can make an nba team, nba is always >>> college from a development standpoint whether you get minutes or not.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,139

Post#55 » by Hal14 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:17 pm

God Squad wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:

you're basing that off one little scrimmage where the teams were thrown together at the last minute, the teams had basically no practice time and some of the players who did practice with the team pulled out of scrimmages at the last minute?

-youngest player in the draft
-straight from HS to pros, compared to the other guys in the scrimmages have played 1-4 (some even 5) college seasons.

So obviously he might look a little shaky. Once he adjusts to the speed and physicality of the game and gets some more reps in vs higher competition, he'll be fine.

Teams don't draft based on how good a player is today. They draft based on how good they project the player to be 1, 3, 5 years from now.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#56 » by MemphisX » Sat May 21, 2022 12:58 am

I think college is the last place he should go. SHould go to the G League Ignite and enter the draft next season.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Wizop
RealGM

Post#57 » by Wizop » Sat May 21, 2022 1:15 am

MemphisX wrote:I think college is the last place he should go. SHould go to the G League Ignite and enter the draft next season.

Why not stay in the draft? If he isn't picked in the first, he should be picked on the second and offered a two way and get paid.
MemphisX
Analyst

Post#58 » by MemphisX » Sat May 21, 2022 5:30 am

Wizop wrote:
MemphisX wrote:I think college is the last place he should go. SHould go to the G League Ignite and enter the draft next season.

Why not stay in the draft? If he isn't picked in the first, he should be picked on the second and offered a two way and get paid.

IMO he plays like he has no clue he is 6'10 now. He plays like a skinny 6'4 guy. I think he needs a season of playing without the pressure of expectations.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#59 » by Catchall » Sat May 21, 2022 5:45 am

shangrila wrote:I’d take him at 19.

This draft is so flat you might as well take swings on guys like him, Dieng, even Hardy I guess.

I believe much more in Dieng and Hardy than this guy. The former two played in pro leagues and competed well.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#60 » by babyjax13 » Sat May 21, 2022 5:45 am

I think he should get drafted in the second and take a year or two to go play in Australia or Europe.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to NBA Draft