Name one prospect in your team’s draft range that you really don’t want and why

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,667

Re: Name one prospect in your team’s draft range that you really don’t want and why 

Post#81 » by SelfishPlayer » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:56 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:Tor the Magic, please no Chet Holmgren. He's a very good prospect, but pretty redundant with what we already have and not the alpha scorer we desperately need.

feels like all top 3 guys are redundant on the Magic tbh, if this was last year's class you would've taken Cade and ran.

Positionally redundant maybe, but either guy would be the most talented scorer on the team and maybe the best outside shooter as well.

For sure on Cade. No one in the draft at his level.

Cade was a 20 year old NBA rookie. Jabari Smith played his entire freshman season as an 18 year old.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: Name one prospect in your team’s draft range that you really don’t want and why 

Post#82 » by EvanZ » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:17 pm

BeiBeau wrote:For Dallas, players I don't want
1. Walker Kessler
2. Jaden Hardy
3. Patrick Baldwin Jr
4. Kennedy Chandler
5. Kendall Brown

Players I want
1. MarJon Beauchamp
2. Jalen Williams
3. Dalen Terry
4. Wendell Moore Jr.
5. Jake Laravia

Players I want if we move back to the early 2nd
1. Wendell Moore
2. Jake Laravia
3. Jaylin Williams
4. Christian Braun
5. Christian Koloko

Curious how you're feeling about Hardy now that you got him. Seems like he's been playing really well.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,028

Post#83 » by BeiBeau » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:23 pm

EvanZ wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:For Dallas, players I don't want
1. Walker Kessler
2. Jaden Hardy
3. Patrick Baldwin Jr
4. Kennedy Chandler
5. Kendall Brown

Players I want
1. MarJon Beauchamp
2. Jalen Williams
3. Dalen Terry
4. Wendell Moore Jr.
5. Jake Laravia

Players I want if we move back to the early 2nd
1. Wendell Moore
2. Jake Laravia
3. Jaylin Williams
4. Christian Braun
5. Christian Koloko

Curious how you're feeling about Hardy now that you got him. Seems like he's been playing really well.

I will freely admit to being dead wrong about both Walker Kessler and Jaden Hardy. Kessler is way more mobile than I though he was going to be coming out of college. And Hardy looks like he's going to be an All Star. Once he gets stronger(and by extension can finish better at the rim) and tightens his handle he will be excellent. I think a serious argument could be made that Hardy will next season will be an upgrade over THJ. To be fair to me though his 3pt percentage is also 14% higher this year.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#84 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:47 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
feels like all top 3 guys are redundant on the Magic tbh, if this was last year's class you would've taken Cade and ran.

Positionally redundant maybe, but either guy would be the most talented scorer on the team and maybe the best outside shooter as well.

For sure on Cade. No one in the draft at his level.

Cade was a 20 year old NBA rookie. Jabari Smith played his entire freshman season as an 18 year old.

iow, cade was a 20 year old nba rookie and jabari is a 19 year old nba rookie. but that was funny how you mentioned cade's age as a rookie and jabari's age as a frosh in college to make it seem like they were even further apart in age.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#85 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:39 pm

I do not want Brice Sensabaugh for GS. He’d be in Kerr’s doghouse on day one and would never get out.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#86 » by crows2 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:57 am

There’s generally one prospect in each draft that I can’t stand. Prior examples have been Knox, Reddish and Ziaire Williams.

This year I’d have to say Jordan Walsh - I highly doubt he’ll ever develop a good enough offensive game to get on the court in the NBA.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#87 » by Braggins » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:04 am

I would have said Nick Smith Jr, but I don't think he will end up going top 10, so I'll say the Thompson twins.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#88 » by EvanZ » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:18 am

crows2 wrote:There’s generally one prospect in each draft that I can’t stand. Prior examples have been Knox, Reddish and Ziaire Williams.

This year I’d have to say Jordan Walsh - I highly doubt he’ll ever develop a good enough offensive game to get on the court in the NBA.

I feel like he’s exactly the type of guy who figures out how to stay in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,231

Post#89 » by eyriq » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:35 pm

For the Orlando Magic it would be Nick Smith Jr. He is a shooter, and we need that, but he had a disappointing season at Arkansas. His lack of health, shooting consistency, efficiency, and tendency to rely on floaters and reverse layups when attacking the paint are all red flags. He doesn't have a strong frame or explosiveness to create separation or draw fouls. It also seems like he struggles with his handles and often ends up forcing shots or turning it over. In the tournament he didn't look NBA ready at all and definitely wasn't a difference maker.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,423

Post#90 » by azcatz11 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:50 pm

Anthony Black

Return to NBA Draft