Players you're higher or lower on after the draft?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Saints14
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,461

Players you're higher or lower on after the draft? 

Post#1 » by Saints14 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:20 am

Is there anyone who your opinion of shifted after the draft, either due to the info from the draft itself or team fit? For me -

Higher:
Ousmane Dieng - wasn't a huge fan due to his underwhelming play in the NBL, had him early 20s but Presti trading 3 firsts for him must mean he's got some real upside
Patrick Baldwin - if the Warriors want him in their system, he must not be that bad. He'll have a small role to start, will get good looks and could actually live up to some of the hype he had a year ago
Jake LaRavia - liked him as a late first rounder already but now I just think he's going to be a perfect fit for the Grizzlies
Jaden Ivey - did not love him as a top 5 pick like most did but he landed in the perfect spot to maximize his skillset

Lower:
AJ Griffin - medicals must have been really bad for him to slip out of the lotto
Jabari Smith - very possible he was just the odd man out of the top 3 but I feel like for the 2 teams that looked at him most extensively to pass on him isn't a great sign for his star potential
Johnny Davis - I'm a big Davis fan but I'm worried that if the Wizards transition into a full rebuild he'll be overburdened like he was at Wisconsin. Would like him a lot more in a situation where he can start out in a smaller role and grow from there

Return to NBA Draft