Brice Sensabaugh

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Brice Sensabaugh  

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:25 pm

I was trying to ignore him but he might just be too good offensively. People are taking about Dick being the best Freshman shooter (probably is) but Sensabaugh could be a Desmond Bane level shooter when it’s all said and done. His stroke is so pure you’re surprised when it doesn’t go in. He also has a great feel for the game. Is Lottery a hot take? Needs a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,200

Re: Brice Sensabaugh 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:12 am

don't grade him as a lotto guy but firmly a 1st rounder, and don't think that far off from Jett for me tbh.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,580

Post#3 » by MemphisX » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:22 am

A prospect I can make no sense out of... :lol:
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#4 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:48 am

MemphisX wrote:A prospect I can make no sense out of... :lol:

I almost mentioned him in the Oddities thread lol

I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,735

Post#5 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:15 am

He's currently allergic to passing

Sent from my LYA-L0C using RealGM mobile app
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#6 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:53 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:He's currently allergic to passing

Sent from my LYA-L0C using RealGM mobile app

Not the impression I've got watching him. But I mean it's kind of like if you're his level of shooter and you have an open shot, you're probably the best option to finish the play 99% of the time in college.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,258

Post#7 » by Catchall » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:45 am

I think he's a late 1st-round guy. He just needs to be willing to play a supporting two-way role at the next level (similar to the role that Grant Williams is playing for the Celtics) rather than look to dominate his matchup. I'm not sure he'll be the same level scorer in the NBA. He might go early 2nd round.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
clyde21
RealGM

Post#8 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:53 am

Bruce Thornton his FS teammate is probably also draftable, kinda like a poor man's Cason
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#9 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:59 am

Catchall wrote:I think he's a late 1st-round guy. He just needs to be willing to play a supporting two-way role at the next level (similar to the role that Grant Williams is playing for the Celtics) rather than look to dominate his matchup. I'm not sure he'll be the same level scorer in the NBA. He might go early 2nd round.

Very superficial comp to GrantWill based on defensive end physique. Sensabaugh is vastly ahead of where he was offensively at that stage.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#10 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:01 am

clyde21 wrote:Bruce Thornton his FS teammate is probably also draftable, kinda like a poor man's Cason

Wouldn't surprise me if Okpara ends up drafted down the line as well.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#11 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:24 am

EvanZ wrote:
Catchall wrote:I think he's a late 1st-round guy. He just needs to be willing to play a supporting two-way role at the next level (similar to the role that Grant Williams is playing for the Celtics) rather than look to dominate his matchup. I'm not sure he'll be the same level scorer in the NBA. He might go early 2nd round.

Very superficial comp to GrantWill based on defensive end physique. Sensabaugh is vastly ahead of where he was offensively at that stage.

i was gonna go Jae Crowder type
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,580

Post#12 » by MemphisX » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:06 am

After watching David Roddy up close and personal this season, I have a soft spot for guys with unusual body types and high skill levels.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,503

Post#13 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:54 am

I really like Donta Scott ( Maryland) even better for the Crowder type player and actually think he could be a 2nd rd round steal possibly. I'd love for the suns to trade up to I'm guessing maybe mid 2nd round to get him honestly!
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#14 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:23 pm

FWIW to the guy who said he's allergic to passing, the game I watched against Maine he had 7 ast and only 1 tov.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#15 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:25 pm

clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

i was gonna go Jae Crowder type

Seems more skilled than Crowder as well. Really think he's more of the Bane archetype long term. He's got that "it".
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,258

Post#16 » by Catchall » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:33 pm

EvanZ wrote:

I compared their roles. It wasn't a direct comp. That said, Williams was pretty solid overall offensively. Not the same 3pt shooter, but solid enough to be POTY in the SEC.

Brice is showing some ability as an iso-scorer, something that Williams has never been. It's then a question of whether NBA teams will let him use it.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#17 » by EvanZ » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:19 pm

Maybe useful to compare him more to he who shall not be named that is currently not in the NBA and may never play again for off court reasons. Not nearly the vertical athlete that guy is though.
crows2
Senior
And1: 559

Post#18 » by crows2 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:52 am

EvanZ wrote:I was trying to ignore him but he might just be too good offensively. People are taking about Dick being the best Freshman shooter (probably is) but Sensabaugh could be a Desmond Bane level shooter when it’s all said and done. His stroke is so pure you’re surprised when it doesn’t go in. He also has a great feel for the game. Is Lottery a hot take? Needs a thread.

If he’s a Bane level shooter he should be a lottery pick. The issue is we had 4 years worth of evidence that Bane’s shooting was for real, whereas we only have 11 games on Sensabaugh so far.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#19 » by EvanZ » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:56 pm

crows2 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:I was trying to ignore him but he might just be too good offensively. People are taking about Dick being the best Freshman shooter (probably is) but Sensabaugh could be a Desmond Bane level shooter when it’s all said and done. His stroke is so pure you’re surprised when it doesn’t go in. He also has a great feel for the game. Is Lottery a hot take? Needs a thread.

If he’s a Bane level shooter he should be a lottery pick. The issue is we had 4 years worth of evidence that Bane’s shooting was for real, whereas we only have 11 games on Sensabaugh so far.

100% agree. There was plenty of hedge in my statement.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Post#20 » by WargamesX » Sun Jan 1, 2023 9:05 pm

In a weaker draft he definitely goes lottery but this draft is full of very interesting wings. He might still go lottery, but he isn’t a lock.

I am also not sure if Desmond Bane is the best style comparison because Brice looks like he could be a much better iso scorer. He doesn’t have the speed to get to the rim at will or the strength to bully rim defenders even when he does, but his midrange shots look great, great handle, knows how post, can pass to cutters or open shooters when doubled. If he was 6’8 and not 6’6 with his skill level he would definitely be a lottery lock in any year.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7

Return to NBA Draft