Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,591

Re: Brice Sensabaugh 

Post#101 » by 76ciology » Sun May 28, 2023 5:57 am

I have him top 3 on my latest mock

05/29/23

1 Wembayama (once in a lifetime prospect)
2 Brandon Miller (BETTER Jabari Smith Jr)
3 Scoot (scorer + playmaker)
4 Brice Sensabaugh (superb 3 level scorer w/ decent 2 man game)
5 Taylor Hendricks (UNDERRATED;production+upside)
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#102 » by The Moose » Sun May 28, 2023 6:13 am

76ciology wrote:I have him top 3 on my latest mock

2 Scoot (scorer + playmaker)
3 Brice Sensabaugh (superb 3 level scorer w/ decent 2 man game)
4 Brandon Miller (BETTER Jabari Smith Jr)

damn I thought I was high on Brice having him in the 7-8 range, but you take the cake

I'm a bit disappointed he didn't do anything at the combine, not even measurements
76ciology
RealGM

Post#103 » by 76ciology » Sun May 28, 2023 6:39 am

The Moose wrote:

damn I thought I was high on Brice having him in the 7-8 range, but you take the cake

I'm a bit disappointed he didn't do anything at the combine, not even measurements

I have him as one of the top 5 guys who has the most valuable trait in today’s basketball, which is being able to just give the ball, shoot and create on offense.

Wemby
Brandon Miller
Scoot
Brice
Podziemski

I think Scoot can improve as a shooter, or maybe I have just watched too many thompson twin highlights that it fools me to think he has shooting upside :lol:

Some of the picks i had in the last two drafts where im higher than most.
2021- Wagner and Cam Thomas
2022- Keegan and Kessler
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#104 » by The Moose » Sun May 28, 2023 7:41 am

76ciology wrote:
The Moose wrote:

I have him as one of the top 4 guys who has the most valuable trait in today’s basketball, which is being able to just give the ball, shoot and create on offense.

Wemby
Scoot
Brice
Podziemski

I think Scoot can improve as a shooter, or maybe I have just watched too many thompson twin highlights that it fools me to think he has shooting upside :lol:

2022- Keegan and Kessler

Yeah I was in on Franz too, had him at 5, last year Eason was that guy for me because the numbers were so eye-popping.
Still a big believer in Tari for this upcoming season, per 36 15/10 w. 2 steals as a rookie.
Going to depend on the shooting and touch ultimately though for him to rise above elite energy/bench guy.

Keegan/Kessler/Tari/Franz really popped on a lot of stat based draft models, same with Podz this year.
Sensabaugh too, but not quite to the levels of the others
76ciology
RealGM

Post#105 » by 76ciology » Sun May 28, 2023 7:50 am

The Moose wrote:
76ciology wrote:
The Moose wrote:

I have him as one of the top 4 guys who has the most valuable trait in today’s basketball, which is being able to just give the ball, shoot and create on offense.

Wemby
Scoot
Brice
Podziemski

2022- Keegan and Kessler

Yeah I was in on Franz too, had him at 5, last year Eason was that guy for me because the numbers were so eye-popping.
Still a big believer in Tari for this upcoming season, per 36 15/10 w. 2 steals as a rookie.
Going to depend on the shooting and touch ultimately though for him to rise above elite energy/bench guy.

Keegan/Kessler/Tari/Franz really popped on a lot of stat based draft models, same with Podz this year.
Sensabaugh too, but not quite to the levels of the others

Im heavy on stats and skillset that is in favor to where the game is headed.

I dont view all skillsets equally. Like im not high on Cason Wallace because i dont find defense that valuable compared to scoring and shooting for a guard.

I think Sensa and Cam Thomas, if drafted high in the lottery, can have the same trajectory with Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Zach Lavine or Derozan. All they need is a winning structure and opportunity.

Sensa can be a 25ppg like Derozan with 3pt shooting. While Podziemski can be like Brunson. There’s a lot of question marks from here to there depending on how driven these two guys are.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#106 » by 76ciology » Sun May 28, 2023 8:38 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:He's more like a shorter TJ Warren than Mitchell. He's also a very subpar defender

Scorers/stars hide on defense nowadays. Play defense and you get into foul trouble and you tire yourself for the high requirement of high efficiency NBA offense.

Even Mikal Bridges play less defense nowadays.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,583

Post#107 » by MemphisX » Sun May 28, 2023 8:54 am

Brice is a terrible defender. Nobody can deny it. He does rebound well though. He also has some physical size. Plus there is an argument to be made that he is the best scorer in this draft. The ability to hit highly contested shots is very valuable. In the NBA he will never be a top option (unless he hits his best outcome). The question every NBA decision-maker is asking is can they make him passable on defense? If I had a good defensive foundation in players and system, I would value him highly. I think he is an easy lottery pick with a high chance of being an absolute bust. The NBA draft is about risk and normally a true Frosh this good at scoring would only be found in the top 5 of an NBA draft even accounting for his tunnel vision and defense.

Like most picks, a lot will depend upon who drafts him.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,517

Post#108 » by jezzerinho » Sun May 28, 2023 2:43 pm

MemphisX wrote:Brice is a terrible defender. Nobody can deny it. He does rebound well though. He also has some physical size. Plus there is an argument to be made that he is the best scorer in this draft. The ability to hit highly contested shots is very valuable. In the NBA he will never be a top option (unless he hits his best outcome). The question every NBA decision-maker is asking is can they make him passable on defense? If I had a good defensive foundation in players and system, I would value him highly. I think he is an easy lottery pick with a high chance of being an absolute bust. The NBA draft is about risk and normally a true Frosh this good at scoring would only be found in the top 5 of an NBA draft even accounting for his tunnel vision and defense.

Orlando in 2023 had the 8th best Drtg, with a very young bunch of players, some of whom like Banchero/Anthony/M Wagner/Carter didnt come in with huge defensive credentials. So Coach Mosely has probably shown he can make some chicken salad.

Orl needs offense. Sensabaugh would be a bench bazooka but he overlaps as a starter with Franz and doesnt bring much in the way of ball movement skill, which Orl badly needs. Is that worth giving Mosely a headache trying to turn him into a passable defender? Not sure.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#109 » by EvanZ » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:03 pm

Hearing he might go undrafted because of knee concerns, especially at his weight.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#110 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:45 pm

^ some team is high on sensa confirmed.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#111 » by The Moose » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:29 pm

EvanZ wrote:Hearing he might go undrafted because of knee concerns, especially at his weight.

He hasn’t been able to workout has he?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#112 » by EvanZ » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:07 am

The Moose wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Hearing he might go undrafted because of knee concerns, especially at his weight.

He hasn’t been able to workout has he?

I don’t think so
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,718

Post#113 » by Ell Curry » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:30 am

jezzerinho wrote:
MemphisX wrote:Brice is a terrible defender. Nobody can deny it. He does rebound well though. He also has some physical size. Plus there is an argument to be made that he is the best scorer in this draft. The ability to hit highly contested shots is very valuable. In the NBA he will never be a top option (unless he hits his best outcome). The question every NBA decision-maker is asking is can they make him passable on defense? If I had a good defensive foundation in players and system, I would value him highly. I think he is an easy lottery pick with a high chance of being an absolute bust. The NBA draft is about risk and normally a true Frosh this good at scoring would only be found in the top 5 of an NBA draft even accounting for his tunnel vision and defense.

Orlando in 2023 had the 8th best Drtg, with a very young bunch of players, some of whom like Banchero/Anthony/M Wagner/Carter didnt come in with huge defensive credentials. So Coach Mosely has probably shown he can make some chicken salad.

Orl needs offense. Sensabaugh would be a bench bazooka but he overlaps as a starter with Franz and doesnt bring much in the way of ball movement skill, which Orl badly needs. Is that worth giving Mosely a headache trying to turn him into a passable defender? Not sure.

Most Michigan fans felt Wagner should have been Big Ten Defensive player of the year in 2021:
https://mgoblog.com/content/week%27s-obsession-all-big-ten-teams-2020-%2721

Brian: The coaches left Wagner off the all-defense team
Ace: THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY
Brian: I find that difficult to believe since I know most of them spent those two hours screaming "GODDAMMIT" about Wagner's gumby arms deflecting every other pass.
Ace: He’s my DPOY and I didn’t think it was close!
Brian: He's headed for the lottery and every evaluation talks about his defense first.
Ace: The advanced stats back me up on this even though he’s not a center and those guys dominate advanced defensive stats!

These aren't experts, but just as guys who watch every game, that's how it felt. He was fantastic defensively his sophomore year.
Where's the D?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#114 » by EvanZ » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:59 pm

Glad he got drafted. Not surprised the team with a bunch of picks took a chance on him.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,086

Post#115 » by ItsDanger » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:35 pm

Past meniscus injury wouldn't scare a team away completely from drafting him. Might hurt his stock but to not be drafted at all? Close to 0%.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#116 » by EvanZ » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:38 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Past meniscus injury wouldn't scare a team away completely from drafting him. Might hurt his stock but to not be drafted at all? Close to 0%.

It's a knee injury plus his body type. Not quite Zion tier, but he's like 6'5" and probably pushing 260.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,086

Post#117 » by ItsDanger » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:43 pm

EvanZ wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Past meniscus injury wouldn't scare a team away completely from drafting him. Might hurt his stock but to not be drafted at all? Close to 0%.

It's a knee injury plus his body type. Not quite Zion tier, but he's like 6'5" and probably pushing 260.

Yes, it might hurt the ranking but teams will gamble on the talent. In the NHL, they look at guys like this and say "If he's doing that without proper conditioning/overweight (or the inverse), just wait until we get him with our guys". So around #28, risk/reward is decent. Besides, they don't necessarily worry about what will happen at age 27.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 734

Post#118 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:40 pm

Sensabaugh reminds me a lot of Jabari Parker.

We will see if Sensabaugh can overcome his horrible approach to the game unlike Jabari.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#119 » by kobyz » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:34 pm

hard not to see a lot Keldon Johnson in him
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,262

Post#120 » by Catchall » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:42 am

I see some Joe Johnson, but he needs to bring out his passing ability and play some defense along the way.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to NBA Draft