Brice Sensabaugh

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Re: Brice Sensabaugh 

Post#81 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:56 pm

"Scoring versatility" in NCAA is usually a sign of lack of tools necessary to dominate around the rim. NBA players have to develop those skills because the competition is so much greater but if you are already struggling to create physical advantages in NCAA, it's tough to keep it up at the next level.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#82 » by The Moose » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:36 pm

EvanZ wrote:"Scoring versatility" in NCAA is usually a sign of lack of tools necessary to dominate around the rim. NBA players have to develop those skills because the competition is so much greater but if you are already struggling to create physical advantages in NCAA, it's tough to keep it up at the next level.

I think this is fair, and it's probably his biggest question outside of 'where does play on defense'. Will he be able to get to his spots effectively against nba defenders.

I had some similar questions about Branham last year, who had a somewhat similar shot diet on great efficiency in the same system. Branham seemed to get more comfortable in the 2nd half of his rookie season
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,083

Post#83 » by ItsDanger » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:37 pm

Its harder to dominate around the rim in NCAA due to rule difference. If he finishes through contact elsewhere, it shouldn't be a huge concern.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,162

Post#84 » by Hal14 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:57 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Its harder to dominate around the rim in NCAA due to rule difference. If he finishes through contact elsewhere, it shouldn't be a huge concern.

Exactly.

Plus, Big10 has bad spacing. Pretty much every team runs boring, old school offense of throwing it into bigs in the low post. Ohio St. has no PF or C who can shoot the ball, so the paint is crowded.

Brice will be fine. He had a higher FTr than Booker did in college..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#85 » by LofJ » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:57 pm

A better shooting, worse defending Tim Hardaway Jr. is my comparison for him. He can win you games if he's hot, but if he's not hitting shots he will make you lose. He's a heat check shooter to bring off the bench. Every team needs a guy like that, but I wouldn't take him in the lottery unless you have an elite defense already and need more shooting.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#86 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:46 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Its harder to dominate around the rim in NCAA due to rule difference. If he finishes through contact elsewhere, it shouldn't be a huge concern.

Zion had no issues. Shai was awesome. Ja, etc. The guys who can really do it, do it.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#87 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:48 pm

Hal14 wrote:

Exactly.

Plus, Big10 has bad spacing. Pretty much every team runs boring, old school offense of throwing it into bigs in the low post. Ohio St. has no PF or C who can shoot the ball, so the paint is crowded.

Brice will be fine. He had a higher FTr than Booker did in college..

Honestly we need to eliminate "Player X will be fine" from the language. What does that even mean? You think in the NBA he will score at the rim efficiently? Or do you think he will be as good as Booker being a high volume mid-range shooter?
Hal14
RealGM

Post#88 » by Hal14 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:51 pm

EvanZ wrote:

Zion had no issues. Shai was awesome. Ja, etc. The guys who can really do it, do it.

And none of those guys can shoot from 3. Also, you named 3 guys who are outlier good at getting to the rim.

So is that black and white? No in between? You're either 1 of the 3 best humans alive at getting to the rim or you can't get to the rim or finish there at all?
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,582

Post#89 » by MemphisX » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:36 am

EvanZ wrote:"Scoring versatility" in NCAA is usually a sign of lack of tools necessary to dominate around the rim. NBA players have to develop those skills because the competition is so much greater but if you are already struggling to create physical advantages in NCAA, it's tough to keep it up at the next level.

I do not understand what was controversial about this. If a guy struggles to get to the rim or finish at the rim in college, it is a bad sign for someone projected to be a scorer.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#90 » by EvanZ » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:22 pm

Hal14 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

And none of those guys can shoot from 3. Also, you named 3 guys who are outlier good at getting to the rim.

So is that black and white? No in between? You're either 1 of the 3 best humans alive at getting to the rim or you can't get to the rim or finish there at all?

I mean..yes? Are you watching the NBA playoffs? There are not many players capable of leveraging this advantage. A team is lucky if they have one or two who can do it consistently.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,416

Post#91 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:42 pm

Where do you have him on YOUR draft board, Evan?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#92 » by TyCobb » Wed May 24, 2023 8:47 pm

Reminds me of Donovan Mitchell. Really think he is a lotto pick.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#93 » by EvanZ » Wed May 24, 2023 10:06 pm

TyCobb wrote:Reminds me of Donovan Mitchell. Really think he is a lotto pick.

In what ways does he remind you of Donovan Mitchell? Are you sure we're talking about the same guy?
Hal14
RealGM

Post#94 » by Hal14 » Wed May 24, 2023 10:23 pm

Looks like pretty good scoring versatility to me.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,821

Post#95 » by TyCobb » Wed May 24, 2023 10:42 pm

EvanZ wrote:

In what ways does he remind you of Donovan Mitchell? Are you sure we're talking about the same guy?

His power at the rim, midrange, and three point shooting. He does alot of his stuff off the jab step like Mitchell does too. Donovan is much more explosive, but Sensabaugh is very polished offensively as a high volume scorer.

His main thing he needs to work on is his conditioning. I'm taking that kind of foundation in the late lotto.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#96 » by big-shot-ROB » Wed May 24, 2023 10:46 pm

He's more like a shorter TJ Warren than Mitchell. He's also a very subpar defender
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#97 » by EvanZ » Thu May 25, 2023 5:33 am

TyCobb wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

His power at the rim, midrange, and three point shooting. He does alot of his stuff off the jab step like Mitchell does too. Donovan is much more explosive, but Sensabaugh is very polished offensively as a high volume scorer.

His main thing he needs to work on is his conditioning. I'm taking that kind of foundation in the late lotto.

Power at the rim? He had 9 dunks on the season. I think he’s pretty strictly a two-level scorer.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#98 » by EvanZ » Thu May 25, 2023 5:35 am

Hal14 wrote:Looks like pretty good scoring versatility to me.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

You got to stop watching these highlight reels. They warp your mind.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#99 » by Hal14 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:59 pm

EvanZ wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah, let's ignore what these prospects actually do on the court.

Instead, let's base our evaluations on how good the commentators are who broadcast the games when a particular prospect is playing, like you did with the Thompson twins :lol:
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#100 » by EvanZ » Thu May 25, 2023 2:01 pm

Hal14 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah, let's ignore what these prospects actually do on the court.

Instead, let's base our evaluations on how good the commentators are who broadcast the games when a particular prospect is playing, like you did with the Thompson twins :lol:

You are ignoring what they do on the court by watching 60-second highlights. :banghead: :roll:

Return to NBA Draft