Hugo Gonzalez

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,082

Hugo Gonzalez 

Post#1 » by sisibilio » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:58 pm

Barring injuries GUARANTEED top 5 pick in the 2025 draft.
Great athlete with Westbrooklike motor, good (albeit inconsistent) shooter, high IQ, a lil too reckless at times with his passing and driving but apparently willing to learn, he can take over if needed but is better playing off the ball yet.
I bet he's going to play a lot of minutes for the 1st team of Real Madrid this upcoming season.

Extensive analysis

Read on Twitter
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,936

Re: Hugo Gonzalez 

Post#2 » by Frichuela » Fri Sep 8, 2023 7:43 pm

Exciting prospect. Let's hope Real Madrid feeds him quality minutes this season.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#3 » by Hal14 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:17 pm

Frichuela wrote:Exciting prospect. Let's hope Real Madrid feeds him quality minutes this season.

Seems unlikely. That roster is STACKED. Best non-NBA pro team in the world. He should go somewhere else where he can actually play.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#4 » by sisibilio » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:02 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Exciting prospect. Let's hope Real Madrid feeds him quality minutes this season.

Seems unlikely. That roster is STACKED. Best non-NBA pro team in the world. He should go somewhere else where he can actually play.

Nearly 17 minutes in the first game of the season. Not bad.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Frichuela » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:10 pm

sisibilio wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

Nearly 17 minutes in the first game of the season. Not bad.

Agreed. It was a blowout game though.

6 pts and 2 steals not too shabby.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 845

Post#6 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:04 pm

sisibilio wrote:Barring injuries GUARANTEED top 5 pick in the 2025 draft.
Great athlete with Westbrooklike motor, good (albeit inconsistent) shooter, high IQ, a lil too reckless at times with his passing and driving but apparently willing to learn, he can take over if needed but is better playing off the ball yet.
I bet he's going to play a lot of minutes for the 1st team of Real Madrid this upcoming season.

Extensive analysis

Read on Twitter

I'm not sure I see him as a lottery pick but it's early
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Frichuela » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:16 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
sisibilio wrote:Barring injuries GUARANTEED top 5 pick in the 2025 draft.

Extensive analysis

Read on Twitter

I'm not sure I see him as a lottery pick but it's early

Yep. Early days. Real’s HC Chus Mateo will be a key factor on this.
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#8 » by sisibilio » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:57 pm

Not getting much burn with the 1st team yet but he played his first minutes in the Euroleague this week.
Had a couple monster performances with the 2nd team though the past weekend. 35 pts in 28 min on saturday and 27 in 22 min on sunday.
Definitely much more confident shooting from downtown.
Read on Twitter
@MikePradaSBN

lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,232

Post#9 » by lambchop » Fri Dec 1, 2023 10:50 am

sisibilio wrote:Not getting much burn with the 1st team yet but he played his first minutes in the Euroleague this week.
Had a couple monster performances with the 2nd team though the past weekend. 35 pts in 28 min on saturday and 27 in 22 min on sunday.
Definitely much more confident shooting from downtown.
Read on Twitter

Such is the fate of most young Spanish players. 35 points is great, but most EBA teams practice 3 times a week. So it's not a pro league by any means. That said, the overall basketball IQ is good in that league. Very tough to get minutes in Spain, unless there's some kind of massive injury situation, for example Badalona this season.

He could probably do what nunez did and play Eurocup somewhere next season, if he's willing to leave the country.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#10 » by sisibilio » Sun Dec 3, 2023 3:52 pm

Read on Twitter

12 pts in 14 minutes in the ACB today.
@MikePradaSBN

sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#11 » by sisibilio » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter

full game
@MikePradaSBN

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#12 » by clyde21 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:12 pm

really like this guy, and I don't usually like to say this about international guys this early other than a few outliers (Wemby)
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#13 » by sisibilio » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 pm

Some twitter noise about him leaning towards the NCAA route, BYU specifically.
@MikePradaSBN

FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 845

Post#14 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:43 pm

he seems taller no? Like now he'a actually his listed 6'5"? It's early but I think he looks like a top 10 talent to me
sisibilio
Head Coach

Post#15 » by sisibilio » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:10 am

That's outdated. In the ACB website he's listed at 1.98 so 6'7" in shoes.
@MikePradaSBN

lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,232

Post#16 » by lambchop » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:06 am

sisibilio wrote:Some twitter noise about him leaning towards the NCAA route, BYU specifically.

I just hope he can get minutes. Vide, Mara, Martinez etc. couldn't crack their NCAA rotations this season. Imo he's more athletic than all of them so he should at least be able to get minutes as a hustle defender.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#17 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:04 pm

lambchop wrote:
sisibilio wrote:Some twitter noise about him leaning towards the NCAA route, BYU specifically.

I just hope he can get minutes. Vide, Mara, Martinez etc. couldn't crack their NCAA rotations this season. Imo he's more athletic than all of them so he should at least be able to get minutes as a hustle defender.

byu lost their starting pg to the transfer portal and their two best wings (one to the portal and one entering his name in the draft) - gonzalez would definitely get minutes.

Return to NBA Draft