And1: 1

Post#21 » by TyGibson » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:29 pm

I can't help but root for the guy
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#22 » by Milkdud » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:25 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Lack of mobility can be improved through conditioning and I doubt he's getting the highest-quality workout plan at UNC Asheville. The question, however, is whether a workout plan can be made conducive to his condition (read: size and heart) that would allow him to gain enough mobility to become just a below-average NBA player.

It's not like you'd ever burn anything other than one of the last five picks in the whole draft on Kenny George, but logistically he presents a creative challenge, right?

I guess if an NBA coach is looking to teach his team how to play 4 on 5 basketball then he might be thrilled at the prospect. I honestly think there is such a thing as to big in the NBA. When it comes down to it IMO mobility is a much more value commodity then sheer size. George's size is only useful if he can get down the court in enough time to use it. Im sure some of that can be addressed with better trainers working with him but again I don't really think thats its a fixable problem... guy is just to freaking huge.
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#23 » by skiz2 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 am

Cammo101 wrote:Too slow, too unathletic. No dice.

Last season he was recovering from intense knee surguery. He has improved greatly in the athletic department since last year. If you get him a good big man coach he will play in the NBA.
lojowo
Rookie
And1: 4

Post#24 » by lojowo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 pm

" You cant teach height" Frank Layden use to say.

If he can get into condition, he maybe a big Mark Eaton.

Right now he is a slower version of Manute Bol.

Right now, he would slow down a fast breaking team.

He could come up the court, hang out at the top of the Key/three point line as an outlet to swing the ball.

Be used as a big pick and run the guards off him.

If the court is spread out, drift down the lane to hit the boards or take a high pass for a shot.

He would easily be the slowest player in the NBA for 94 feet. But used 10-15 minutes a game with 4 othe offensive minded players, he could help a team clog the middle on D.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#25 » by Ruzious » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:03 pm

Lancer44 wrote:I remember that topic 2 years ago about him and replied to it. Funny story, In meet him like 4 years ago at Loyola college in Chicago at a HS basketball tournament. He wasn't playing or anything he was just watching. He is enormous; but not in the pants. A teammate of mine had the displeasure of being at the urinal before he strolled in and took the stale next to his. He was way to big for the urinal and he said that his penis was like right in his face. Tiny.

I can't help but think of the "dude" commercial. There are several ways to say dude to that post. Dude?

Return to NBA Draft