Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

jdub114
Junior
And1: 0

Born Ready TV (Lance Stephenson) premieres 

Post#1 » by jdub114 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:26 am

http://www.bornready.tv/

Its a show that follows Lance Stephenson. It looks like it should be good.

He is REALLY good (everyone knows this already), im from NY so i have seen him play a lot in Streetball games, high school, all star games, and AAU. However he is a hothead in the truest sense. Hes always jawing at the refs and opponenets. Ive even filmed him getting into a fight during a game. i hope he matures cuz he could be good.
"One plus one is two, all day long, and it’s never gonna change. And that’s factorial." - Starbury
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#2 » by suckfish » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Henry Abbott over at Truehoop had a blog about this. Basically I feel exactly the same way, it could do him more harm than good. From a fans prospective it's real interesting to see, you just can't ignore the pressure and distraction that it will cause.

Click for full link--http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-29-7/Now-Growing-Up-in-Real-Time--Lance-Stephenson.html
Now Growing Up in Real Time: Lance Stephenson

January 3, 2008 5:06 PM

I just got an email about Born Ready. It's an online video series that will document the ongoing junior season of 17-year-old New York City high-school point guard Lance Stephenson in near real time.

Wow, that is really something.

One of the challenges New York City players face is the pressure of being famous. When players like Lamar Odom, Felipe Lopez, Stephon Marbury, and Sebastian Telfair are at the tender ages of 16 or 17 they face the same stresses and strains of top NCAA or even NBA players: big mean headlines when they misbehave even slightly, big angry crowds who know a lot about them at road games, and big future money on the line if they do things right.

Some exceptional kids can handle it without going a little crazy. But many can not. It's enough to make you cast a longing eye at the European system -- where promising teenagers are given small salaries, and whisked off into comprehensive club development programs to learn the fundamentals away from the spotlight.
jdub114
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by jdub114 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:02 pm

The weird thing about this is that you would think Lance would try and keep cool at least because a camera is always following him, but even with that he still gets into fights and shows a great amount of immaturity.
"One plus one is two, all day long, and it’s never gonna change. And that’s factorial." - Starbury

Return to NBA Draft