Cammo's Hot Off The Presses Mock Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#21 » by BigSlam » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:23 am

Hibbert would be better with Al than Jordan in Minni.
B B M F 'ers
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#22 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:25 am

I like both picks for the Kings
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#23 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:25 am

BigSlam wrote:Hibbert would be better with Al than Jordan in Minni.

As much as I love Hibbert, you do not pass on a potential all star for a definate starter, not with the number one pick. This is the kind of rational that had people saying the Magic should have taken Okafor over Howard.
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#24 » by Jemini80 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:47 am

i guess you are assuming Isiah THomas is still the head coach of the Knicks with the decision to pick a player who is all offense and just chucks up 3 pointers instead of using his size?

i would hope that Lopez, Bayless, Mayo, or Buddinger (in that order) would be the pick.

i also think Lopez is the best center in the draft though, and Jordan is a bust waiting to happen. I'm just not seeing the comparison to Dwight Howard, I think he is basically getting hyped up because of Howard's dominance this season, and it has nothing to do with what Jordan has shown on the court.

has Blake Griffin confirmed he isn't coming out this year, because i would assume he would be picked over Beasley.

knicks also don't have their 2nd rounder since they traded it for a player who didn't even make their roster....Isiah must die
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#25 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:58 pm

Jemini80 wrote:has Blake Griffin confirmed he isn't coming out this year, because i would assume he would be picked over Beasley.

Griffin has not said one way or the other, but right now I would assume he will wait another year. If he does come out, he won't be going ahead of Beasley unless something drastic happens.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,563

Post#26 » by hermes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:54 pm

-G- wrote:Lakers get Patrick Patterson? I'd be ecstatic.

that would be great
i hope brandon rush falls to us if patterson stays another year
ISB
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#27 » by ISB » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jordan is a guy you draft on upside. Clearly he is not as good a player as Beasley, Rose or Gordon right now. Jordan is a legit 7 footer with good athleticism and those are few and far between. Think Aldridge minus the jumper. I just don't see Beasley fitting in Minny because he is too simular to Jefferson, who is their franchise cornerstone. Jordan and Jefferson are far better compliments potentially. Rose is another way they could go, but in these situations teams usually go big.

Thanks for the kind words.

Aldridge went #2 in a "weak draft" WITH the jumper. So either that is a bad comparison, or Jordan is too high in your mock IMO. (I tend towards the latter)

I really doubt Aldridge would have been picked ahead of some of the guys that are in this draft, and he had a quite advanced skillset.
Big_Mac79
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by Big_Mac79 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey Cammo you have the Sonics taking Bryce Taylor in the second over Weaver. Can you let me know your thoughts as to why you think Bryce is the better player or the better fit in Seattle?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#29 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:30 pm

ISB wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Aldridge went #2 in a "weak draft" WITH the jumper. So either that is a bad comparison, or Jordan is too high in your mock IMO. (I tend towards the latter)

I really doubt Aldridge would have been picked ahead of some of the guys that are in this draft, and he had a quite advanced skillset.

Aldridge was the best prospect in that draft and should have gone #1 in a good draft featuring Gay, Roy, Bargnani...

Sadly there is no accounting for Toronto's hard on for foreign players.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#30 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:32 pm

Big_Mac79 wrote:Hey Cammo you have the Sonics taking Bryce Taylor in the second over Weaver. Can you let me know your thoughts as to why you think Bryce is the better player or the better fit in Seattle?

I actually think they are quite simular both is style of play and draft stock. Taylor is a little more offensively gifted with a better jump, Weaver is a more complete player but doesn't do any one thing real well. It really was pretty much a coin flip, but I think Taylor is a little better fit in Seattle. Either could work into the 1st round by finishing the year strongly.
Big_Mac79
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by Big_Mac79 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 am

Cammo101 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I actually think they are quite simular both is style of play and draft stock. Taylor is a little more offensively gifted with a better jump, Weaver is a more complete player but doesn't do any one thing real well. It really was pretty much a coin flip, but I think Taylor is a little better fit in Seattle. Either could work into the 1st round by finishing the year strongly.

That makes perfect sense to me. I was just thinking Weaver was the better fit because of his defensive abilities. I that is what Presti and PJ were going for. But I do agree I see both making a strong push to be late first rounders.

Return to NBA Draft