Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

DDV
General Manager
And1: 0

Nick Calathes 

Post#1 » by DDV » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 am

what do u think of him?

i doubt hes coming out this yet but eventually i think hell be real solid

he has to bulk up but hes 6'5 pg with great court vision and has improved his shot..
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,766

Post#2 » by Cammo101 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:59 am

His ability to play PG in the NBA is very much in question. I like him but he needs a couple more years at UF.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#3 » by horaceworthy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:12 am

I've only seen him a couple times this year, but he's one of the more enjoyable players to watch in the NCAA, in my opinion. Eyes in the back of his flippin' head.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
$*DIPSET BOI*$
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by $*DIPSET BOI*$ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:16 am

Great vision and shooting with a quick release. He should stay at UF as long as it takes. Players with his size and skill set stock doesn't drop as they get older unless there is injury concerns.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#5 » by Canomad » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:56 am

$*DIPSET BOI*$ wrote:Great vision and shooting with a quick release. He should stay at UF as long as it takes. Players with his size and skill set stock doesn't drop as they get older unless there is injury concerns.

well i was going to say that but i guess you beat me to it
HeyIt'sMe
Lead Assistant
And1: 127

Post#6 » by HeyIt'sMe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 pm

The one big concern with him is athleticism, which is average at best. Still, he's a 6'6 PG with an all around game and can really pass the ball. With a couple of years of improvement and development under Donovan, he could be an intriguing NBA prospect.
inmate347
Senior
And1: 42

Post#7 » by inmate347 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:51 pm

The problem is that he won't spend much time in college running the point by himself. Florida has three point guards in the starting lineup, so scouts will always be worried about how Calathes will be able to handle the job himself in the nba.

Still, he's a very interesting prospect. He can get to the rim, already has a great shot (all the way to nba three-point range), and is one of the best passers I've ever seen. He needs to work on the defense and play a little more under-control. Sometimes he looks a little Jason Williams-esque when playing out of control.

Return to NBA Draft