Best SG's available @ #15??

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Best SG's available @ #15?? 

Post#1 » by Piston Pete » Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 am

Who are the best SG's that might be available at #15 for the Pistons??
Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Best SG's available @ #15?? 

Post#2 » by Gruel » Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 am

Nothing better than Afflalo, unless you want Henderson/Williams who are athlete defenders with no jumpshot. Shouldn't the Pistons be looking for a young C?
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,086

Post#3 » by sonictecture » Tue May 12, 2009 1:43 am

I would play to the strength of this draft and select a point guard at #15, allowing Stuckey to play more off the ball in the guard rotation. I think Eric Maynor or Jrue Holiday are Joe Dumar's type players.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,773

Post#4 » by Cammo101 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 am

I do not totally understand why the Piston want to draft a SG, but the answer is probably Chase Budinger or Wayne Ellington.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#5 » by ManualRam » Tue May 12, 2009 3:21 am

sonictecture wrote:I would play to the strength of this draft and select a point guard at #15, allowing Stuckey to play more off the ball in the guard rotation. I think Eric Maynor or Jrue Holiday are Joe Dumar's type players.

stuckey/holiday would be an interesting, albeit redundant backcourt.
i could see dumars taking holiday, but i hope they dont.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,606

Post#6 » by Dr Positivity » Tue May 12, 2009 5:08 am

Obviously if Henderson's still around you take him, he'd be a perfect Detroit player too.

Since he likely won't though, Jeff Teague is a really nice #15 pick. And Budinger and Williams are around
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,498

Post#7 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue May 12, 2009 7:19 am

Teague is gonna be crap. Henderson will be there at 15, he was highly overrated for a while.
Budinger will be there, Williams might be. Ellington is overrated. Way too early to take a serious reach on Christmas no matter how I feel he'll be.

Don't agree with Gruel either, Terrence Williams jumper has been getting much better over the course of his senior year and his form is improved and quite good and he gets good elevation, he has very good range. I have a feeling Williams is not there at 15 and he will be light years better then Afflalo, who to me looks like a scrub or at best a fringe role player.

Terrence Williams will be at worst a really solid, big minute role player, IMHO. He has the potential to be much more then that.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#8 » by Liqourish » Tue May 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Cammo101 wrote:I do not totally understand why the Piston want to draft a SG, but the answer is probably Chase Budinger or Wayne Ellington.

Pistons don't need guards and probabaly will only grab one in the 2nd round with one of their three 2nds, but for some reason, some Piston fans are slobbing all over the "great guards" around the 15th pick that the Pistons could draft. They even think Dumars would trade Rip for a big man and use Wayne Ellington or Eric Maynor in the starting rotation.
Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Gruel » Tue May 12, 2009 2:56 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Teague is gonna be crap. Henderson will be there at 15, he was highly overrated for a while.
Budinger will be there, Williams might be. Ellington is overrated. Way too early to take a serious reach on Christmas no matter how I feel he'll be.

Don't agree with Gruel either, Terrence Williams jumper has been getting much better over the course of his senior year and his form is improved and quite good and he gets good elevation, he has very good range. I have a feeling Williams is not there at 15 and he will be light years better then Afflalo, who to me looks like a scrub or at best a fringe role player.

Terrence Williams will be at worst a really solid, big minute role player, IMHO. He has the potential to be much more then that.

Completely disagree. Although his jumper has improved, it's still not consistent. He's a 4 year player who has finally found his jumper in the last month of the season? I don't really buy that, but maybe I'll be surprised. I've been wrong many times before. I want to like him, but I see so many flaws in his game. He struggles going left, he is a poor finisher and a streaky shooter. However, I feel like my Raptors will like him.
i<3basketball
Junior
And1: 3

Post#10 » by i<3basketball » Tue May 12, 2009 3:31 pm

One of Terrence Williams and Gerald Henderson will be available and are good options for the Pistons at 15. The are decent shooters and play Piston defense. All that said, I see the Pistons taking a big before a guard.

Return to NBA Draft