Jack McClinton

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Jack McClinton 

Post#1 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:59 pm

I've only seen about half of a game of his, but from everything I read...is there any difference between him and Eddie House...at all? He seems like he would be a very solid 2nd round pick provided that he's used situationally and not forced to be a PG...basically like House is used now.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Re: Jack McClinton 

Post#2 » by ALL HAIL » Thu May 14, 2009 12:36 am

House is probably a better defender ... but that comes with wisdom.

House is probably a little more lethal with his streakiness ... remember he dropped 60 in a PAC 10 game.

McClinton is very comparable to him though. He is a steal for a team that can use him in the right role. Plus he's like 24 years old ... ready to play NOW not later. The Lakers could really use him as a Fisher replacement ... especially if his defense is actually better than what I've seen.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,773

Post#3 » by Cammo101 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:48 am

Eddie House was a much better college player/prospect.
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#4 » by big3_8_19_21 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:08 am

well that doesn't help too much...what made him a better prospect?
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,773

Post#5 » by Cammo101 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:42 am

big3_8_19_21 wrote:well that doesn't help too much...what made him a better prospect?

House was an elite level college scorer. He could fill it up in a way McClinton can not. Not only that, but House has the ability to make his own shots at an NBA level that McClinton doesn't. I see McClinton being one of those guys you hear is averaging like 32 ppg. in the Chinese league.
bill curley II
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#6 » by bill curley II » Thu May 14, 2009 6:51 am

House being able to create his own shot is the biggest difference between the two as Cammo mentioned. He doesn't cross over and penetrate to the basket, but he can at least take one or two dribbles to free himself for a jumper.

McClinton can maybe do what Anthony Morrow did and just become a designated shooter for someone. But he doesn't have the quickest release, and doesn't have the size that Morrow does either.
wilt
Analyst
And1: 147

Post#7 » by wilt » Thu May 14, 2009 8:18 am

bill curley II wrote:House being able to create his own shot is the biggest difference between the two as Cammo mentioned. He doesn't cross over and penetrate to the basket, but he can at least take one or two dribbles to free himself for a jumper.

when is the last time House took a drible before a shot ? Honestly, i can´t recall that ?

"Toughness is not just hard fouls and being willing to fight people. Toughness is being 10 down and continuing to do what your coach wants you to do."
Jonathan Watters
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#8 » by Jonathan Watters » Thu May 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Could McClinton be more of a ballhandler than House? It seems like he could be a lot more physical on the perimeter...I really don't remember much of House in college to make that comparison, but I like the idea of McClinton getting a chance after the success of players like George Hill.
bill curley II
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#9 » by bill curley II » Thu May 14, 2009 5:06 pm

wilt wrote:
bill curley II wrote:House being able to create his own shot is the biggest difference between the two as Cammo mentioned. He doesn't cross over and penetrate to the basket, but he can at least take one or two dribbles to free himself for a jumper.

when is the last time House took a drible before a shot ? Honestly, i can´t recall that ?

A lot of times. It's not him running an iso or a pick and roll, but he takes one or two dribbles when defenders run at him to free himself up. It doesn't seem like much, but there are a lot of designated shooters in the league like Redick or Novak can't do that as well as House.

Return to NBA Draft