Global Mod
And1: 8,053

Re: Would memphis trade #2 with Atlanta 

Post#21 » by HMFFL » Tue Jun 2, 2009 4:42 pm

bgassassin wrote:
mrhonline wrote:
bgassassin wrote:I'm down

Horford/#19 for Rubio/Warrick/Lakers 2010

Could Darko be worked into the trade for Atlanta?

Probably. My most recent version takes out Warrick and gives the Hawks the #27 we got from Orlando.

If there is any truth to Memphis turning down 3 mill from New York for the 27th overall pick I doubt they would include it to Atlanta. Maybe if Marko Jaric was involved, but Darko? No!
bgassassin
Starter
And1: 0

Post#22 » by bgassassin » Wed Jun 3, 2009 2:32 am

I think his suggestion of Darko was based on my scenario with Warrick. That has since changed.

And I think the Hawks would not drop off that much if at all.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#23 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Wed Jun 3, 2009 3:10 am

mrhonline wrote:
PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Of course, Atlanta would struggle to win 15 games if this went down, but it's the Hawks so nobody would really notice.

Yep, it's not like the Hawks are 3rd in season ticket renewals for next season...

This is the most made-up-sounding stat I've ever heard. If this is by percentage, I can understand. Beyond that, this is not possible. Phillips Arena is not big and Hawks fans do not fill it up.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#24 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Wed Jun 3, 2009 4:04 am

dude, ATL would never do that
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
rak1974
Sophomore

Post#25 » by rak1974 » Sat Jun 6, 2009 11:01 pm

I am a Hawks fan and I would be all over this trade. I am the one who proposed it. But I would only want to see Horford for the number 2 and Warrick. Horford is a nice player, he was the number 3 pick two drafts ago, he is only 23( just turned 23 3 days ago), and I have no doubt that if he was in this years draft he would go number 2; plus he has already proven that he can play in this league. To add, he is a 4 but he is playing the 5 for us, and he still holds his own. If he was playing the 4 (his natural position) he would dominate. I would love to keep Horford, he is just redundant for the hawks, and I believe he would be easier to move than Josh Smith because Horford is still on his rookie contract. The only reason I am wanting to move him is because I would like to get Thabeet. Who is a true Center that I think would be able to defend Centers. Horford does a good job but gets exsposed with Larger Centers.

and as far as the hawks dropping off if this trade went down, I don't believe that. I would like the hawks to make other moves. This move is for the future. I would not want Thabeet to start this season(get plenty of playing time but not start). But I would think the Hawks would make more moves to keep them a play off team.

this is the roster I would like to Hawks to have

Bibby/ Lawson or Maynor (with 19 pick)
JJ/ Flip
Marvin W/ Evans
Josh Smith/ Charlie Villanueva/ Warrick
ZaZa/ Thabeet (with 2 pick)/ Frye

Villanueva and Frye are F/A

other moves just to fill out team
Keep Mike Bibby
bgassassin
Starter

Post#26 » by bgassassin » Sat Jun 6, 2009 11:41 pm

While I'd be fine with it, I doubt Atl would do a S&T to take on Warrick especially since I'm sure we'd be the ones who would take back more salary. The one I made with the draft picks would be more likely since you guys don't really seem to have any bad long term contracts.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#27 » by Downtown » Sun Jun 7, 2009 12:17 am

I'm fine with Horford to Memphis. But I have to ask this.If the Grizzlies will have more than enough money to sign a free agent power forward and still be far under the cap, what is better for a depth starved team like Memphis. Horford with the #2 pick and that's it, or Rubio and Glen Davis, Anderson Varejao, Brandon Bass, Charlie Villineuva, etc. ?
bgassassin
Starter

Post#28 » by bgassassin » Sun Jun 7, 2009 12:37 am

Horford is still on his rookie deal so in a since his salary would be replacing the #2's salary for at least one season. That still leaves plenty of room for us to bolster the bench.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#29 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 7, 2009 1:27 am

Downtown wrote:I'm fine with Horford to Memphis. But I have to ask this.If the Grizzlies will have more than enough money to sign a free agent power forward and still be far under the cap, what is better for a depth starved team like Memphis. Horford with the #2 pick and that's it, or Rubio and Glen Davis, Anderson Varejao, Brandon Bass, Charlie Villineuva, etc. ?

For what it would cost to sign most of those players Memphis would be better off with Al Horford. He has a much brighter future and he can be that missing piece to the puzzle. I believe it's hurt him and help him playing the 5 for Atlanta, but overall he'll make an impact on any team as a 4 once his offensive game develops more.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,551

Post#30 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Jun 7, 2009 1:46 am

I think Horford has more value than the #2 right now. Rubio's stock is probably lower than it should be, I mean Memphis is seriously considering taking Thabeet over Horford. Nobody in their right minds would trade Horford for Thabeet, so yeah, I'd say Horford > #2.
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 514

Post#31 » by raleigh » Sun Jun 7, 2009 2:05 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:Phillips Arena is not big and Hawks fans do not fill it up.

That's a not a problem exclusive to the Hawks. There were 10 teams with worse attendance than Atlanta last year and Phillips has ~average capacity compared with other NBA arenas.

By the way, it was third in "new season-ticket purchases."

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/ ... 1243828800^1835457
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#32 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:20 am

Dr Mufasa wrote:I think Horford has more value than the #2 right now. Rubio's stock is probably lower than it should be, I mean Memphis is seriously considering taking Thabeet over Horford. Nobody in their right minds would trade Horford for Thabeet, so yeah, I'd say Horford > #2.

Hasheem Thabeet just does not make sense to me for Memphis, so I don't understand all that talk when they already have Marc Gasol. The 1 and the 4 need to be filled and It just makes sense for Memphis to move the 2nd overall pick to Atlanta for Al Horford. That's if Ricky Rubio is set on not playing for them.

Makes sense for Atlanta because they need a point guard and Ricky Rubio has the most potential. Rick also would add some excitement to Atlanta and create some entertaining highlights with Josh Smith. I don't like Al at the 5, so I would prefer him at the 4, and at some point I feel Atlanta will have to decide who stays.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,103
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#33 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 7, 2009 10:22 am

I don't think Horford is worth more than the number 2 if Rubio would play but... On second thought, Horford is probably worth the number 2 in this draft, despite my not being very high on him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to NBA Draft