Jordan Hill could drop to 10th(NJN)!

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Re: Jordan Hill could drop to 10th(NJN)! 

Post#21 » by hype_2004 » Sat Jun 6, 2009 7:44 am

klemen4 wrote:Could New Jersey Nets be lucky again?

1 LA Clippers Blake Griffin
2 Memphis Ricky Rubio/Hasheem Thabeet
3 Oklahoma City Hasheem Thabeet/Ricky Rubio

I think first three pick for sure will be Griffin. Rubio and Thabeet.

4 Sacramento Jrue Holiday/Brandon Jennings

It is hard to say what Sac will do, but they will draft pg.

5 Washington James Harden
This is the the pick where Hill could go, but I see Was has a hole at sg also if they trade the pick I think teams would be more interested in Harden than in Hill.

6 Minnesota Tyreke Evans
With Jefferson and Lowe in c/pf spot and all the reports they like Evans and that they want a sg/pg Evans is the pick.

7 Golden St. Brandon Jennings
Gsw is the biggest mistery, but again for sure they wont pick Hill with Randolpf/Wright at pf spot...they also want ps so Jennings, maybe Flynn is the pick here.

8 New York Stephen Curry
It looks like he is a safe pick here.

9 Toronto DeMar DeRozan
Bosh/Bargnani at pf/c and no sg/sf...De Rozan looks like a pick or another sg/sf.

10 Milwaukee Jonny Flynn
This is an option for Hill to go...if Flynn is no more around(Gsw) Mil could pick Hill. Ok they have Aleksander/Moute at sf/pf but both are more suited for sf. And with Villanueva to go away they could pick Hill but looks they really like Flynn.

11 New Jersey Jordan Hill
Yes, again duo to picking players by position by teams infront of NJN the story of Brook Lopez could repeat this year and NJN could get another steal in Hill.

He's not going past Washington, New York, Toronto and Milwaukee, he's the BPA after Harden, Rubio and Griffin. The aforementioned teams lack talent and frontcourt depth, I'll be surprise if he goes past NY @ no.8 he's exactly the type of prospect Mike D'Antoni loves a very athletic, nimble, long-limbed big to play in the run and gun system.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#22 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Sat Jun 6, 2009 8:41 am

After scouting HIll further, I've noticed he has a lot of trouble posting up which is obviously really important for PF's. Right now he's just a big, scrappy big and has a lot of work to do. I can see him falling to 10.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Paladin55
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Paladin55 » Sat Jun 6, 2009 2:52 pm

One of the interview clips has him talking about how much he is working on his footwork and moves in the post.

With Hill and Lopez on the Nets frontline, you would have your power positions set for the next decade.

I don't know if the Knicks would take him if he was available unless they were positive he could give them productive minutes at center. You also wonder about his passing ability and the flow of the Knicks offense. He seemed like a good and intelligent kid in the interview, who is aware of how he has to improve, though.

This a a guard oriented draft, and the Knicks must feel they can get their PG of the future this year. I would be surprised if they took Hill if he slipped down to them- they might even trade down, perhaps giving up the 8 to get a pick in the low teens and a 2010 1st, if Evans, Curry, Holiday, etc., are gone when they come up to pick.
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.... Ambrose Bierce
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#24 » by europa » Sat Jun 6, 2009 9:45 pm

Smills91 wrote:I can definitely see it. But I doubt he gets past Milwaukee at #10.

Bucks fan here. If Hill's on the board at 10, I think the Bucks take him. The only PG I think they may take over Hill is Holiday but I'm guessing Hill would be the choice there too (I'd prefer Holiday).
Nothing will not break me.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,225

Post#25 » by cgf » Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:26 pm

While i think curry is a very good fit for the knicks I think hill would be an even better fit, he could play center for this team and his game meshes well with lee, gallo and chandler, our young front court. Granted we'd still have a pressing need for a guard but with quality guys like twill, maynor and teague looking like they'll be late lottery picks at best I think there's a good chance we'd grab hill and try and make a move for another pick.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#26 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 7, 2009 10:28 pm

Well, it looks like Lee will be moved in a S&T if possible, as expected by non-Knicks fans'.
So, if NY gets a mid teen, very late lotto for him, it could be possible Hill falls to them and then they draft a point guard like Maynor, Flynn, Curry, or Holiday with the later pick.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to NBA Draft