Best 'post' game

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Best 'post' game 

Post#1 » by Smills91 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 3:14 pm

Who would you say has the best post outside of Blake Griffin. A guy that a team can dump it into and demand a double or triple team when he has the ball on the block.

GO............
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

Re: Best 'post' game 

Post#2 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 3:24 pm

Hansbrough has the most refined post game of anyone in this draft, but there are questions about how much of that will translate. Pendergraph has a nice post game too. I am going to take Jordan Hill here though. He has a nice post game and is ever improving.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#3 » by Smills91 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 3:36 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Hansbrough has the most refined post game of anyone in this draft, but there are questions about how much of that will translate. Pendergraph has a nice post game too. I am going to take Jordan Hill here though. He has a nice post game and is ever improving.
I really don't see him demanding a double team at the next level. He has a post game that reminds me of Chris Wilcox of anyone. Solid, but nothing special. He seems to favor a face up game IMO.
riehldeal
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#4 » by riehldeal » Thu Jun 4, 2009 5:39 pm

This is gonna sound crazy I know but I am going to go with Summers. He didn't use or show it enough at GU but the game I scouted of his this past season he went to the block twice and it was clear that the footwork and strength was there, no surprise seeing as he was a center in HS
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

Post#5 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 5:59 pm

Smills91 wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:Hansbrough has the most refined post game of anyone in this draft, but there are questions about how much of that will translate. Pendergraph has a nice post game too. I am going to take Jordan Hill here though. He has a nice post game and is ever improving.
I really don't see him demanding a double team at the next level. He has a post game that reminds me of Chris Wilcox of anyone. Solid, but nothing special. He seems to favor a face up game IMO.

I don't see anyone other than Griffin in this entire draft that will need to be double teamed in the post. Jordan Hill has the best shot at it though IMO.
riehldeal
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#6 » by riehldeal » Thu Jun 4, 2009 6:21 pm

if heytvelt adds to his balls skills he could potentially demand a double team at times and against certain opponents
bill curley II
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#7 » by bill curley II » Thu Jun 4, 2009 9:23 pm

Easily Thabeet. He's not going to catch it 8 ft from the bucket and make a move in the post with the ball, but he's so big and athletic that if he can pin his guy up high, he can catch lobs all day long over the top. His face up jumper isn't bad either, so it shows he can potentially develop a turnaround shot in the future.

Harden's a good post player too. He'll be shorter obviously then the big guys inside, but he's very comfortable in the low post.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#8 » by Smills91 » Thu Jun 4, 2009 10:03 pm

bill curley II wrote:Easily Thabeet. He's not going to catch it 8 ft from the bucket and make a move in the post with the ball, but he's so big and athletic that if he can pin his guy up high, he can catch lobs all day long over the top. His face up jumper isn't bad either, so it shows he can potentially develop a turnaround shot in the future.

Harden's a good post player too. He'll be shorter obviously then the big guys inside, but he's very comfortable in the low post.

Thabeet has limited post skills. He'll get put backs, dunks and within 3 feet. But POST moves are EXTREMELY limited. I doubt he demands a double team at the next level.
trk
Junior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by trk » Fri Jun 5, 2009 6:48 am

DeJuan Blair is the most efficient post scorer in the draft.
J_Ray
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by J_Ray » Fri Jun 5, 2009 9:05 am

Right now, I'd say Blair has the best post up game basing it off of what they did in college, but I agree Jordan Hill is probably the one that is most likely to translate into the NBA as a decent post player. Hill has improved every year at Arizona and has a great work ethic.
Check my blog for a fresh outlook on the NBA:https://dimestonylon.wordpress.com
Paladin55
Junior
And1: 0

Post#11 » by Paladin55 » Sat Jun 6, 2009 7:29 pm

Smills91 wrote:Who would you say has the best post outside of Blake Griffin. A guy that a team can dump it into and demand a double or triple team when he has the ball on the block.

GO............

I'm not even sure that Griffin's "post" game is that good. He likes to face the basket and attack- his back to the basket repertoire is not exactly overwhelming in its complexity. I almost see him as having a SF game without the outside shot. I've seen him make some quick spin moves as soon as he gets the ball when he is fed in the post, but in general, he really needs to work on the variety of moves he shows in the paint, IMO.
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.... Ambrose Bierce
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,551

Post#12 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 6, 2009 9:09 pm

Nobody's really good at it, but I think Blair could end up as a solid post scorer in the future with his body
Smills91
Banned User

Post#13 » by Smills91 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:19 pm

Yeah, I was thinking Blair as well. Potentially, easily is Griffin with a stark drop off. I just don't see it from Hill at all.

I like Blair's and Hansbrough(as a second unit player) post games the best out of this draft.

Return to NBA Draft