Jan Vesely

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

kuhane gace
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Jan Vesely 

Post#61 » by kuhane gace » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 pm

brassviews wrote:How about we compare him to every white European? Does that make people happy?

Jeez......

no actualy comparison with AK (as a type of player, not new AK or somthing like that) is only one that stands
Italia Raps Fan
Banned User

Post#62 » by Italia Raps Fan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 pm

NetsForce wrote:He is an intriguing prospect in that he's a foreign player capable of playing above the rim but let's not get carried away here...

I really find such racist remarks to be offensive. There is no place for people like you to be allowed to post here. You should be banned.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#63 » by Lionel Messi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Italia Raps Fan wrote:
NetsForce wrote:He is an intriguing prospect in that he's a foreign player capable of playing above the rim but let's not get carried away here...

I really find such racist remarks to be offensive. There is no place for people like you to be allowed to post here. You should be banned.

wth, where's the racism?
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#64 » by doc.end » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 pm

let's just not hi-jacked this thread...
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,524

Post#65 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 am

(see: Yaroslav Korolev. 12th pick by the Clippers.)
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#66 » by babyjax13 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:59 pm

There are certain players where even people who are from their homw country are surprised they get drafted as high as they do, Korelev and Tskitishvili are prime examples. I don't think that Vessley falls into that category, and he will be a very good player.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
doc.end
General Manager

Post#67 » by doc.end » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:03 pm

babyjax13 wrote:There are certain players where even people who are from their homw country are surprised they get drafted as high as they do, Korelev and Tskitishvili are prime examples. I don't think that Veselý falls into that category, and he will be a very good player.

Fixed. I agree.

Edit. pronounced "vesselee" or http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-sp ... -demo.html if anyone cares.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#68 » by pad300 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Question, assuming he is not quick enough to defend perimeter players (SF's/SG's) in the NBA, where does he rank as a PF/C prospect? He's currently playing SF in Europe, and that takes away from the development of his post skills and perhaps his rebounding/shotblocking numbers, while improving his passing, shooting and ball-handling

Is he better than say Ephke Udoh? Ed Davis? Motiejunas? Whiteside? Sanders? Alabi?
JustMagic
Senior
And1: 24

Post#69 » by JustMagic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:48 pm

pad300 wrote:Question, assuming he is not quick enough to defend perimeter players (SF's/SG's) in the NBA, where does he rank as a PF/C prospect? He's currently playing SF in Europe, and that takes away from the development of his post skills and perhaps his rebounding/shotblocking numbers, while improving his passing, shooting and ball-handling

Is he better than say Ephke Udoh? Ed Davis? Motiejunas? Whiteside? Sanders? Alabi?

I don't think the question is relevant. It's almost like asking where does Cousins rank as a SG prospect. Well maybe not entirely the PF part, but he's no C by any means.

Most Euroleague teams use and SG-SF type of player as a SF rather than a SF-PF type. Actually playing with a 3 guards set. Anthony Parker, now in Cleveland, played mostly SF in europe, for example.
So those are the players he has to guard regulary, and he does it pretty well.
JustMagic
Senior

Post#70 » by JustMagic » Fri May 7, 2010 9:32 pm

He was great today in the Euroleague semis. Too bad Partizan lost to Olympiakos (83-80 after OT).
13 pts (6-8), 10 rebounds, 4 asts and 2 blocks. Aperantley he missed 2 3 pointers, but I don't remember him taking any this game, weird.
I bet all the scouts there are trying to convince his agent to declare back somehow.
doc.end
General Manager

Post#71 » by doc.end » Fri May 7, 2010 9:40 pm

Draftexpress tweeting:
Really like where we have Jan Vesely slated in our 2011 mock (top 3). He woulda gona top 10 for sure after this game in 2010. Maybe top 5...
2010-05-07 17:06:06

:o Wow.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#72 » by Krapinsky » Fri May 7, 2010 10:15 pm

Italia Raps Fan wrote:

Coming from the guy that's been waived, what 4 times now?
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,952

Post#73 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri May 7, 2010 10:59 pm

This is the second time I've seen this kid, he looks like a top 10 pick to me in any draft. Extremely active, his rebounding numbers are probably compromised by position and maybe a lack of weight, but he goes after everything and seems to get a lot of tips to teammates. Very patient in the post for an energy player. He didn't put the ball on the floor much this game, so that's probably why I don't buy that he's a top 3 pick.
JustMagic
Senior

Post#74 » by JustMagic » Fri May 7, 2010 11:31 pm

My feeling is he's capable of much more with his CURRENT skill-set than what he shows right now, because of Partizan's system and his role in it. However, he obviously doesn't have half of Dirk's talent at the same age and of-course not Durant's, but the potential is there.
Italia Raps Fan
Banned User

Post#75 » by Italia Raps Fan » Sat May 8, 2010 5:54 am

He needs 2 more years before he needs to think about NBA. I watched him in detail against Childress 6-7 200 maybe soaking wet and 6-8 and about 235 Vasilopoulos. He could take Childress easily on either end of the floor but he was manhandled and dominated by Vasilopoulos physically.

As soon as the NBA scouting report got around to put an athletic, physical, big wing on him he would be done. He needs a serious 2 years of building his body and developing into his body before he even considers the NBA.

Extremely talented kid, much more talented than Rubio is. But he's physically far from even attempting the NBA. The way Vasilopoulos physically dominated him was telling. Vesely, take 2 years and build your body and get older, then come to the NBA and you will be a great player.

Don't come this year or next year, or you will get the Vasilopoulos treatment endlessly once the scouts figure out your body can't take any pounding.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 401

Post#76 » by CzBoobie » Sat May 8, 2010 5:07 pm

Italia Raps Fan wrote:
Extremely talented kid, much more talented than Rubio is.

More talented? Even much more? Oh boy...
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#77 » by NetsForce » Sat May 8, 2010 6:00 pm

If Vesely wants to build his body the place to do it IS NOT overseas.
JustMagic
Senior

Post#78 » by JustMagic » Sat May 8, 2010 6:09 pm

CzBron wrote:
Italia Raps Fan wrote:
Extremely talented kid, much more talented than Rubio is.

More talented? Even much more? Oh boy...

Don't bother answering this guy. He's inteligent and follows european basketball, but not very mature and mixes alot of his personal feelings in his posts.

Vesely has more potential, but not more talented, not by any definition of talent.

NetsForce wrote:If Vesely wants to build his body the place to do it IS NOT overseas.

Wrong.
Partizan has a great power-training program. Also the players there don't have as many games and flights a week as in the NBA, and I'm sure the serbian staff has the same, if not greater knowledge than the Americans.
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#79 » by brassviews » Sat May 8, 2010 6:28 pm

NetsForce wrote:If Vesely wants to build his body the place to do it IS NOT overseas.

I rather he not look like Dwight Howard.
JustMagic
Senior

Post#80 » by JustMagic » Sat May 8, 2010 8:45 pm

Oh and in the same subject, I forgot to mention that one of the reasons Maric became a star is that he got much much stronger. Roberts also said good things about their fitness and conditioning programs and thats it's the main focus over there.

Return to NBA Draft