Suns interested in Bonez Barry

Moderator: G R E Y

Rique
Senior
And1: 0

Suns interested in Bonez Barry 

Post#1 » by Rique » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sonics/2004193001_sonix210.html
In addition to a 2009 first-round pick, the trade for Thomas netted seldom-used center Francisco Elson and injured guard Brent Barry, a former Sonic from 1999 to 2004. Both players have contracts that expire after the season, and it's likely that Barry, who has missed the past 3
DBMethos
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by DBMethos » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:59 pm

I seriously doubt this would happen. Barry's already established in SA, so if he goes anywhere it'll be back to the Spurs. The Phoenix rumor could just be misinformation by the Spurs' FO to make his return to SA less suspicious (following the whole Stackhouse debacle).
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,696

Post#3 » by Blame Rasho » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:01 pm

I pretty much doubt that that will happen... and if anything he will come back to us if he is bought out.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 602

Post#4 » by Donald Kaufman » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:47 am

TD is the MAN wrote:I pretty much doubt that that will happen... and if anything he will come back to us if he is bought out.

:pray:

Bring back Bones.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,568

Post#5 » by Ballings7 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:52 am

I'd be surprised if he goes to the Suns, this will probably be like how it was supposed to be with Stackhouse and Dallas. :)
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#6 » by co_laper » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:05 am

Why would Barry return to us? He lost his rotation to Udoka and that's clear. The Spurs can't play 5 guys at SG/SF position regularly especially in the playoffs. Barry has been shopped every year by Pop too, highlighted by the JR Smith trade. I honestly doubt Barry returns to San Antonio to sit around.

Like i said on the other post. Cleveland is the most logical given their need for playmaking, shooting, and championship experience. add the Spurs connection like having Mike Brown as the coach and using a similar system, Cleveland will be the easiest transition for him and a good chance to contribute while playing for a title contender.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,568

Post#7 » by Ballings7 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 am

Barry would still see time, just in more limited minutes. Kinda like last season in the playoffs - where he was still an occasional contributor through out the playoffs, and was apart of some runs in series.

Not saying it's a definite, but I think it is a respectable possibility.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#8 » by co_laper » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:12 am

Barry was not a 3rd stringer last year. We had 4 wings in Bowen Manu Finley Barry last year. He don't even know when his minuets will come last year in the playoffs. the spurs don't play him consistently. he's now a third stringer and missed a lot of times this year because of his injury and the fact he'll have to sit out another month if he returns. Is that a situation where he thinks is best for him?

I'd like to play in a place where i'm not given a consistent minutes to produce and is most likely a third stringer right now used more as an emergency plan incase someone gets injured. I'm nearing the end of my career and all i want is to sit out a month to return to the team that has shopped me for the last 3 years and made me nervous every year about being traded. they traded me and i'm not sure why cause i've been productive in the scarce minuets i get but hey that is the best situation for me because i can't do anything else with another team. there's no other championship caliber team out there that could use my shooting and give me a consistent minute for what possibly is my last year in the league.

Return to San Antonio Spurs