Spurs @ Nuggets

Moderator: G R E Y

Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,512

Post#41 » by Blame Rasho » Sun Mar 9, 2008 5:48 am

The Jazz are very formidable at home but not unbeatable. Up at 37... it is hard enough to beat a mediocre or bad team by that amount much less a legit playoff team in Denver.
Rique
Senior
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Rique » Sun Mar 9, 2008 4:22 pm

I was thouroughly impressed with Utah's win against Denver. I was baffled when I looked up the score during the third quarter. Pop needs to show the players both games...OK here's what you guys did, and here's what Utah, your clone version did. I do feel Denver didn't play Utah with teh same excitement that they played the Spurs. I think Denver really wanted that game against the Spurs. However, Pop really messed that one up with his weird line rotations.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#43 » by co_laper » Sun Mar 9, 2008 5:53 pm

For quite a while, i've always say that for Tony's backup, Pop really likes a defensive stud (Vaughn, Claxton) or perhaps a sparkplug scorer but i think i'm wrong on the sparkplug. we had NVE and Udrih was offensive minded and now Damon Stoudamire. Pop's ideal backup PG to Tony Parker has got to be someone energetic, experienced and defensive minded even for just 10-15 minutes a game. Lindsey Hunter or Darrell Armstrong.
pro2020
Rookie

Post#44 » by pro2020 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:32 pm

Duiz wrote:We finished what you couldn't do yesterday... We led the Nuggets I think by 42 in the 3rd quarter...

Well guys, expect a tough stretch. Nuggets and Phoenix are out to get you

some of that might have to do with the Nuggets starters still in the game until the final minute in a blowout against the Spurs. :lol:

Either way, the Jazz really put on them.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#45 » by SD2042 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:04 am

co_laper wrote:For quite a while, i've always say that for Tony's backup, Pop really likes a defensive stud (Vaughn, Claxton) or perhaps a sparkplug scorer but i think i'm wrong on the sparkplug. we had NVE and Udrih was offensive minded and now Damon Stoudamire. Pop's ideal backup PG to Tony Parker has got to be someone energetic, experienced and defensive minded even for just 10-15 minutes a game. Lindsey Hunter or Darrell Armstrong.

That part is true. Unfortunately both Hunter and Armstrong are both at the twlight of their careers and I think Hunter has retired I think. Who else could fit that description for the Spurs backup PG?
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie

Post#46 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 pm

i expect a very hard game IF the nuggets play like they are expected to. they played very veeery poor against the jazz with absolutely NO energy on the tank.

btw thanks to Parker? i think... he smashed a.i.'s hand in the last game, his hand was diagnosed as a strain but a x-ray showed that his finger on the shooting hand is broken ;)
you guys shouldn't think that this will stop him, he played through worse injuries during his career, even a broken hand so this won't effect him...
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/
Rique
Senior

Post#47 » by Rique » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:58 am

Don_eMOCION#31 wrote:i expect a very hard game IF the nuggets play like they are expected to. they played very veeery poor against the jazz with absolutely NO energy on the tank.

btw thanks to Parker? i think... he smashed a.i.'s hand in the last game, his hand was diagnosed as a strain but a x-ray showed that his finger on the shooting hand is broken ;)
you guys shouldn't think that this will stop him, he played through worse injuries during his career, even a broken hand so this won't effect him...

Thanks to Parker? You're blaming this on Parker? If I'm not mistaken, this happened on a pass Iverson was recieving from one of his own teammates, the ball hit him in a jam your finger type fashion.
slaman
Junior

Post#48 » by slaman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:15 am

Denver announcers critique critical Spurs possession
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odb-xGfFWCM
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#49 » by Ballings7 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:36 am

Wrong thread ^
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#50 » by SD2042 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:12 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:Najera is very underrated as a defender

dude can defend sg/sf/pf/c

dude hustles though, would like him on the spurs, but his contract lol....

Najara has an expiring contract. If the Spurs happen to show some interest in him. They could sign him to a reasonable deal.during the offseason.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#51 » by Ballings7 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:37 am

I wouldn't mind Najera at all... I think he'd fit in pretty nicely.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to San Antonio Spurs