Spurs vs Magic

Moderator: G R E Y

Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,499

Spurs vs Magic 

Post#1 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:46 am

We just got handed an not so good loss vs the Hornets and we had to fly to Orlando on a back to back. Does that matter? Hell no.

We need to rebound figuratively and literally in this game.

Parker and Manu need to impose their will on the game from the start.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Re: Spurs vs Magic 

Post#2 » by Ballings7 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:19 am

I'm leaning to a win here... wouldn't be surprised by Orlando getting it done, though
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#3 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:01 am

We can't score :( They are up 17....

If they are not careful it will become a rout.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#4 » by Ballings7 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:20 am

Bleh
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Post#5 » by wizkid27 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:22 am

Interesting game. I felt like there were points in which you really exploited them... but then others where you weren't executing like the team is capable of.

I almost feel like when I watch your games (although you're far from my favorite team), that there are so many pieces that you just need to define a rotation and roles for the guys. I know some things depend upon matchups, but it seems like there's a pretty heavy variance between who gets the minutes/looks between games. I could care less about fantasy stats, but it's just an interesting observation.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#6 » by Ballings7 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Ideally, we could use a bigger, athletic kind-of SF

More realistically (and an eventuality in one form or another) we need another big man up front with overall length.... be it Mahinmi, Smith, Mutombo, Moore, somebody else

Other than that, were fine

------------

Good set of games coming up here...

Raptors
Kings
Wolves
@ Suns
Grizzlies
Bucks
DBMethos
Junior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by DBMethos » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:30 pm

That game was depressing...bring on more crap teams. I wanna feel better!!!
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#8 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:29 pm

wizkid27 wrote:Interesting game. I felt like there were points in which you really exploited them... but then others where you weren't executing like the team is capable of.

I almost feel like when I watch your games (although you're far from my favorite team), that there are so many pieces that you just need to define a rotation and roles for the guys. I know some things depend upon matchups, but it seems like there's a pretty heavy variance between who gets the minutes/looks between games. I could care less about fantasy stats, but it's just an interesting observation.

rotations and roles have been our main issues this year..

we've added 2 new guys in Mason and Hill, and they were both huge parts as to why we were able to have a great record without Parker and Ginobili..the problem with the return of the 2 guys is that Mason and Hill now lack roles and don't have steady minutes and looks..

Popovich only flaw as a coach as that he's too relient on guys that have been loyal to the team..like Finley, for instance..he also seems scared to take away looks from Parker and Ginobili, or bench them when they're struggling..he's definitely still trying to manage minutes and the rotation..he's been saving Bowen for teams that have good wing players, which I think is a mistake, since Bowen is still capable of being an impact player at any moment, as he's shown many times this year..

Mason isn't getting ANY set plays for him anymore, which is ridiculous, considering how well he played to start off the year..

also, we rely on 3's too much, we need more variety IMO..

this team still needs a lot of work..
Blame Rasho
On Leave

Post#9 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:43 am

We got our ass handed to us...

The magic were better last night...

Return to San Antonio Spurs