Moderator: G R E Y

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Richard Hendrix 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:44 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... for_monta/

The Warriors waived PF Richard Hendrix on Friday to make room for Monta Ellis who will return to the Warriors after serving a 30 game suspension.

Hendrix hasn't played for the Warriors this season. Considering his style of play, he didn't fit Nelson's system the Warriors currently run. He's was known for his defensive toughness, rebounding and solid when he played for the University of Alabama. If the Spurs had an opportunity to consider, would they take a chance on Hendrix?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ric ... ndrix-229/
Black_Jack21
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Re: Richard Hendrix 

Post#2 » by Black_Jack21 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:03 am

I'd sign him, bring a young low post banger type player.
Even if he only played for the Toro's this season, Thomas will *fingers crossed* be leaving us soon, he only hasd a 1 year contract didn't he? Oberto can't really be considered a decent NBA player anymore, I'm hoping we make a move and use what little value he has left.
Hendrix can come in and fill their place, I'm all for a Hendrix signing.
Fate rarely calls upon us at a time of our choosing

-Optimus Prime
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#3 » by Ballings7 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:13 am

I wanted us to draft him in the 2nd round (along with some other players)... he should of went higher than he did and he has significant skill inside. Not a raw player.

I'd love to see us get involved w/ him.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:03 am

I question why the Warriors drafted him when they knew all the time that he didn't fit in their system in the first place. They could've used the pick on a player that fit their scheme better than Hendrix.
the southern dandy
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#5 » by the southern dandy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:06 am

tony parker 09 wrote:I'd sign him, bring a young low post banger type player.
Even if he only played for the Toro's this season, Thomas will *fingers crossed* be leaving us soon, he only hasd a 1 year contract didn't he? Oberto can't really be considered a decent NBA player anymore, I'm hoping we make a move and use what little value he has left.
Hendrix can come in and fill their place, I'm all for a Hendrix signing.

Thomas is in fact on a 2 year contract at 5 million per, he's not leaving us this season at least. We also burned a draft pick to get this guy,but he has been playing a bit better lately.

Richard Hendrix would be a nice player but I feel the Spurs would go for a player who fills a more drastic need. Hendrix really adds a lot of what we already have in the front court. We need either shotblocking or athleticism, neither of which Hendrix provides a great deal of.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#6 » by Nolan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:57 pm

I wouldn't be against signing him but we have bigger needs to fill. Hendrix could be a Malik Rose like player for us.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to San Antonio Spurs