Cleveland at San Antonio 1/17/08

Moderator: G R E Y

tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,796

Post#41 » by tsherkin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:05 am

LyMinh wrote:Reggie sure misspeaks a lot.

Cleveland trying to exact some of those demons eh

I noticed that too; and his voice is particularly irritating as an announcer, which doesn't help.

Tough loss; this game was all about the second quarter, when the Cavs beat you guys 31-17.

Lots to be said about various things but San Antonio definitely looked... I wouldn't even say flat, it'd be more like tepid. They just weren't moving well.

Except for Parker, who's one of the fastest guys in the league, jeez... I mean, intellectually I know this, but every time I see it, I am still amazed. The only guys in his class ITO end-to-end speed are Felton, Mike Conley, Chris Paul, Leandro Barbosa and TJ Ford. That kind of speed is just...

Evil.

Anyway, San Antonio totally looked like it was sleep-walking through this game; when Lebron goes 9/24 and they don't even manage 46% from the floor, the Spurs need to win this.

They got beat to the boards 45-40, and the FTs ultimately decided this game.

Cleveland went 16/22 and the Spurs went 16/23... if they'd have shot a little better, they'd have won this. Parker missed two HUGE free throws with about a half-minute left and then Manu missed like a foul-line jumper at the end of the game, which was rough because it was a good look and he normally makes those.

Tough, tough loss but it was only close because of the 2nd.

San Antonio managed only 17 points on 6/20 shooting (2 3PM). Duncan went 0/3 from the floor, 0/2 at the line and also had a foul and a turnover on a bad pass (I think that was the one where he tried to kick it back to Parker and ended it up throwing it wide and out of bounds because Parker couldn't catch it).

Anyway, it was an ugly quarter and it lost the game for the Spurs, end-game failures aside.

Tough, tough loss.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#42 » by Canomad » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:41 am

im a cavs fan but i appriciate the spurs quality of play. with that said you cant argue ohh well parker didnt get this call and what not. because obviously if you watched the game with an unbiased eye you would notice lebron getting hacked everytime he went to the lane. a couple times i couldnt believe my eyes. it happens everygame its apart of basketball.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#43 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:51 am

Lebron did get hacked, I counted 3 drives..but you had the make up no-calls, twice with Parker, and once with Duncan getting hacked down low, where he was visibly pissed off..that doesn't explain the offensive foul Manu got called against Lebron, where he was clearly still moving..and the offensive foul no-call, where Lebron clearly rammed his head into Oberto..
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,695

Post#44 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:57 am

I am looking at this and trying to see positives but in the end we should win games at home. We have our 12 main guys finally out there but it feels like we aren't playing with any sense of urgency. Hell... I can forgive the free throws and the rebounding. We have never be a good FT shooting team and the Cavs are a great rebounding team. What really ticked me is that we had the lead late and we gave it up. It happened vs the Nuggets as well. Hell, even if Manu makes that jumpshot in the end I don't think we played well enough on our homecourt to win. You can't get too up and too down but we are very mediocre right now. Hell... Pop doesn't even get mad anymore. Why doesn't go **** when PArker got hit on a layup that then resulted in a gimme jumpshot by Z. Pop needs to throw his ass out of the game to get the team in gear.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#45 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:15 am

definitely agree TD..I also think he needs to get more vocal with TP at times..
Rique
Senior
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Rique » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Sure a lot of things didn't go so well and the team seemed a little offbeat. Pop was relaxed throughout the entire game and did mention a couple of things to the refs...however, Pop knows and everyone of you should know that it is still early in the season. Pop is still in cruise mode. I know must of us want the Spurs to kick it up a gear because we feel its about that time, but Pop knows to wait a bit more. This happens every year and every year us fans begin to show a bit of frustration around this time. Honestly, the most important thing right now is to remain healthy. Like Barkley said yesterday, when you get old, you don't heal like you did in your younger years. So the players have to be a bit more careful and coach has to make sure he protects his players and allows for them to fully recover when injured. So relax a bit, and lets wait a few more weeks before we start panicking.

Return to San Antonio Spurs