The Offical Spurs Fan Intro Thread!

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: The Offical Spurs Fan Intro Thread! 

Post#41 » by Nolan » Fri May 12, 2017 3:25 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:It seems that this board is more active than I thought it would be. I will introduce myself here and hope I'll be accepted.

Been living in San Antonio since 1995 (I was 12 at that time) and have had nothing but love and respect for the Spurs despite the fact that I am also a die hard Orlando Magic fan (1st team I got into when I started watching NBA ball more consistently in 1993). Throughout the Spurs history, they have played a brand of basketball that I just enjoy and feel how the game should truly be played and I just feel close to them. It also helps that I've been lucky to meet and learn basketball from the great and late Mike Mitchell (former Spur) when I was in the 9th grade, my mom dated Malik Rose for a brief period when he was with the Spurs, met David Robinson at a downtown convention in SA when we first moved into the city, etc.

Normally I would go to Spurstalk (not for the faint of heart :lol:) and lurk there but the site is a mess right now and it's next to impossible to access on normal browsers (can only access on my mobile browser now). Definitely want to be more active on this board just like I am on the Magic board so I say hello to everyone and am just elated on how the Spurs handled their business last night against the Rockets!

Welcome! We will definitely accept you! Even though your a Magic fan! :wink:

Look forward to seeing you around!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,543

Post#42 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Sat May 13, 2017 1:16 am

Loyal Spurs fan here since 5/11/2017. Originated from Oklahoma City Thunder but after a trainwreck end in the playoffs, we took stowaway on the Spurs. Beat the Warriors! :beer:
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#43 » by ChosenSavior » Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 am

Nolan wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:It seems that this board is more active than I thought it would be. I will introduce myself here and hope I'll be accepted.

Been living in San Antonio since 1995 (I was 12 at that time) and have had nothing but love and respect for the Spurs despite the fact that I am also a die hard Orlando Magic fan (1st team I got into when I started watching NBA ball more consistently in 1993). Throughout the Spurs history, they have played a brand of basketball that I just enjoy and feel how the game should truly be played and I just feel close to them. It also helps that I've been lucky to meet and learn basketball from the great and late Mike Mitchell (former Spur) when I was in the 9th grade, my mom dated Malik Rose for a brief period when he was with the Spurs, met David Robinson at a downtown convention in SA when we first moved into the city, etc.

Normally I would go to Spurstalk (not for the faint of heart :lol:) and lurk there but the site is a mess right now and it's next to impossible to access on normal browsers (can only access on my mobile browser now). Definitely want to be more active on this board just like I am on the Magic board so I say hello to everyone and am just elated on how the Spurs handled their business last night against the Rockets!

Welcome! We will definitely accept you! Even though your a Magic fan! :wink:

Look forward to seeing you around!

I'll definitely be around. Gonna try my best to be posting on here on Sunday rooting for the Spurs to shock the NBA world in the WCF!
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#44 » by -Sammy- » Tue May 16, 2017 4:10 pm

micahclay wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:

It's great to meet both of y'all! We hope you'll enjoy yourselves here; you're among friends, so post to your heart's content!

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:

Plenty of room for you guys, pal. For those who don't frequent the GB, Thabo is a RealGM superstar, so we're in the presence of greatness right here.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#45 » by Nolan » Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:Loyal Spurs fan here since 5/11/2017. Originated from Oklahoma City Thunder but after a trainwreck end in the playoffs, we took stowaway on the Spurs. Beat the Warriors! :beer:

All defectors are welcome as well! :lol:
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
JLM
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#46 » by JLM » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 am

Hello all the way from Norway! I am 24 years old, and currently in the last year of law school.
My older brother is the reason i first became a basketball fan, And i started following the NBA about 6 years ago in the start i remember following multiple teams, but as i learned more about the game, i just fell in love with the way the spurs where playing it. It was so low-ego and high class, unlike any other team. As far as my favorite player goes its Kawhi Leonard. He is just so humble and such a hard worker.

Anyways, i've been lurking around here for about a year now, and i am really glad i finally decided to sign up. There aren't many basketball fans where i live, let alone spurs fans. So i look forward to having someone to discuss the games with . Just hope i can find time to be active on here. I do catch almost every game (think i missed like 8 last year). However i watch the replay for the most of them because of the different time zones.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all!
zordrak
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#47 » by zordrak » Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:28 am

ACSpurs wrote:Heya guys, I am just very recently got into basketball (I'm a Milan supporter), so I don't have much knowledge about the game.
But hey, I'm here to learn.
As of why I am picking the Spurs? well, mainly because of those H-E-B Spurs commercials.

Fellow Rossonero!!!
Very glad to find you here. Hope to see you around here more often. Forza Milan and GO SPURS GO!!!
GO GO SAN ANTONIO SPURS!!!
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#48 » by -Sammy- » Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:49 pm

JLM wrote:Hello all the way from Norway! I am 24 years old, and currently in the last year of law school.
My older brother is the reason i first became a basketball fan, And i started following the NBA about 6 years ago in the start i remember following multiple teams, but as i learned more about the game, i just fell in love with the way the spurs where playing it. It was so low-ego and high class, unlike any other team. As far as my favorite player goes its Kawhi Leonard. He is just so humble and such a hard worker.

Anyways, i've been lurking around here for about a year now, and i am really glad i finally decided to sign up. There aren't many basketball fans where i live, let alone spurs fans. So i look forward to having someone to discuss the games with . Just hope i can find time to be active on here. I do catch almost every game (think i missed like 8 last year). However i watch the replay for the most of them because of the different time zones.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

Excellent to make your acquaintance, JLM! We're glad you're here and we hope you stick around a long time.

I have a cousin who lives in Norway; she's a chemist and her husband hails from there, so that's where they moved. I don't talk to her very often, but she seems to really enjoy it.
Steel Spur
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#49 » by Steel Spur » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:55 am

So, where does everyone post? It's pretty dead in here. Made a couple of threads, but they're gone?
As an aside I"ve been a Spurs fan for about 10 years.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#50 » by Donald Kaufman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 am

Kind of a reintroduction for me...I've been away from the boards for a while (years?).

Anyway, Spurs fan since '90. I'm old. :sleep:
LetMeRunP0int2
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#51 » by LetMeRunP0int2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 am

Hi all! Glad to be a part of the Real GM community. Go Spurs!
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#52 » by Magz50 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 4:30 pm

Woah been a while since I've popped in here! Just wanted to say hey hey! Hope ya all doing good!!
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,653

Post#53 » by G R E Y » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:33 pm

Magz50 wrote:Woah been a while since I've popped in here! Just wanted to say hey hey! Hope ya all doing good!!

Hello, Magz, welcome back! Enjoy the game this afternoon :D
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
raincityraptors
Junior
And1: 714

Post#54 » by raincityraptors » Wed May 17, 2023 1:54 pm

Hey y'all, I am a Canadian living in Austin looking to move to San Antonio this summer.

As a Canadian I am a Raptors fan by nationality but whenever anyone asks me who my favorite player is, the answer is Pop because Manu is retired. I was a Manu fan back when most people were a Kobe fan. I like international players who win everything.

For me there can only be one team, so the plan was when I move to San Antonio to make the switch.

I can only imagine how great last night felt for you all. For someone who loves international players who win everything I was yelling and screaming all over the house when the Spurs won.

What a time to be a Spurs fan again!

Any advice on buying season tickets? I really want to soak in watching all of Pop's coaching in home games before he retires.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,653

Post#55 » by G R E Y » Wed May 17, 2023 5:00 pm

raincityraptors wrote:Hey y'all, I am a Canadian living in Austin looking to move to San Antonio this summer.

As a Canadian I am a Raptors fan by nationality but whenever anyone asks me who my favorite player is, the answer is Pop because Manu is retired. I was a Manu fan back when most people were a Kobe fan. I like international players who win everything.

For me there can only be one team, so the plan was when I move to San Antonio to make the switch.

I can only imagine how great last night felt for you all. For someone who loves international players who win everything I was yelling and screaming all over the house when the Spurs won.

What a time to be a Spurs fan again!

Any advice on buying season tickets? I really want to soak in watching all of Pop's coaching in home games before he retires.

Hello, raincityraptors, and welcome! First, I commend you on your ability to withstand the Texas summer. Best of luck with your move.

As for season tickets, if you haven't already download the Spurs App - https://www.nba.com/spurs/app

Next, sign up for the Spurs Fan Club - https://www.nba.com/spurs/fanclub

Finally, you can follow this link to ticket membership options - https://www.nba.com/spurs/ticketmemberships

Good luck getting great seats!

GO SPURS GO!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:

Return to San Antonio Spurs