The Offical Spurs Fan Intro Thread!

Moderator: G R E Y

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Re: The Offical Spurs Fan Intro Thread! 

Post#21 » by goodboy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:25 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:
goodboy wrote:Lovely reading all these, might chime in soon.

This guy right here!

Whaddup, pal?! Great to see you; please do chime in soon. I thought you left RealGM for good-- I went to look you up one day and couldn't find you in my friends list; I didn't realize you changed your name. I'm really glad you're still kicking around these parts!

:D

Whats up brother? Hope is all well with you. Yes I've changed my name, since I put my avi up, posters kept calling me goodboy, so I might well resorted to that :lol: Make sure to add me now! :D

Thought I'd drop by and see how Spurs are doing and get a quick hello from you!
Bright
inDe_eD
Bench Warmer
And1: 869

Post#22 » by inDe_eD » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:It's great to hear from you, inDe_eD; thanks for laying that out. As a professional Laker-hater, I always especially enjoy meeting someone from SoCal who isn't a Laker fan; the fact that you chose the Spurs wins you double-points in my book.

Haha thanks man!

Yea I was always on Spurs Island living in SoCal. Every single friend/family member is a Lakers fan :banghead:

Oh i forgot to mention, I'm from Riverside, CA which is Kawhi's hometown.
“Let's say TPE is a big hole, Ryan Anderson is a "power plug Dick" ($21 million a year). All you have to do is use the Dick to plug in. Great trade and great deal! This is called "perfect fit" in the nba.”
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#23 » by -Sammy- » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:07 pm

goodboy wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:
goodboy wrote:Lovely reading all these, might chime in soon.

This guy right here!

Whaddup, pal?! Great to see you; please do chime in soon. I thought you left RealGM for good-- I went to look you up one day and couldn't find you in my friends list; I didn't realize you changed your name. I'm really glad you're still kicking around these parts!

:D

Whats up brother? Hope is all well with you. Yes I've changed my name, since I put my avi up, posters kept calling me goodboy, so I might well resorted to that :lol: Make sure to add me now! :D

Thought I'd drop by and see how Spurs are doing and get a quick hello from you!

Fo' sho', boy. Now that I know you're still hanging around, I'll have to cruise by Heatland, too.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by -Sammy- » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:19 pm

inDe_eD wrote:
BombsquadSammy wrote:It's great to hear from you, inDe_eD; thanks for laying that out. As a professional Laker-hater, I always especially enjoy meeting someone from SoCal who isn't a Laker fan; the fact that you chose the Spurs wins you double-points in my book.

Haha thanks man!

Yea I was always on Spurs Island living in SoCal. Every single friend/family member is a Lakers fan :banghead:

Oh i forgot to mention, I'm from Riverside, CA which is Kawhi's hometown.

Nice! I'm proud to say that the first D1 college game I ever attended was an SDSU home game-- many years before Kawhi was an Aztec, but I've always thought that was a cool coincidence.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#25 » by Baski » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Hope I'm not too late to the party. Oh well.
Hi everyone. I'm from Ghana. As one would imagine, we rarely get NBA matches broadcast on tv over here, cos we're primarily a football(What most people here call soccer) country. But i had ESPN where i caught a few games. Been a Spurs fan since the 2007 finals when i saw the big 3 (First big 3 i ever saw) do their thing. I found out later that they had "just" 4 titles to the Lakers' 14 and at the time i was like wtf!?
I'd already heard about Shaq breaking backboards and Kobe scoring 81, I'd even seen Space Jam, but i didn't really become a basketball fan until i saw those guys in the black jerseys. I mean good God Tony Parker was a slippery SOB. And Timmy with those bank shots. With lots of Manu Treys.
There's just something about watching the spurs that just makes you go "Wow! That's how basketball should be played. Dammit why doesn't everyone play like this?!"
It's like art in motion. The 2014 finals was the greatest display of teamball i have ever seen and probably ever will see. Made me so proud to be a Spurs fan. The Spurs are the only NBA team that could win a game and you'd have a hard time deciding who played best. That's just who they are and I'm glad i chose them over the Lakers back then (especially a year later after the Lakers lost the 2008 finals).

A few years ago, ESPN stopped broadcasting to our zone and suddenly i was left with nothing to watch, only watching the occasional sports highlights on CNN or YouTube videos.
But now with Youtube and all these basketball apps and streaming sites, you can practically watch a whole game as long as you have internet access. I found this place by googling "nba forums", and skipping insidehoops. I was desperate for anything related to my Spurs and the NBA in general.
Lurked for a few months and now here i am, hoping to join this awesome family.

I regret having missed the prime superstar Duncan era, but I'm still thankful i caught the post-prime Timmy, the leader, the example, the role model. I'm pretty excited for this new Kawhi era as well. With all these young prospects we got(seriously where do the spurs find these gems?), it's gonna be a blast.

Oh Yeah i almost forgot: Pop is the GOAT pre/postgame interviewee. Has me laughing everytime. :D
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by -Sammy- » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Baski wrote:Hope I'm not too late to the party. Oh well.

Never late to the party, my friend; thanks so much for posting.

You certainly discovered the Spurs at the right time; it's cool that our great team was your first consistent firsthand exposure to NBA basketball, and even though you missed Timmy's best years, you caught up to the team right as they were transitioning into that 'beautiful game' era, which is by far the best era of Spurs ball. We in the states forget how different it can be to access American media in other parts of the world, but I'm thrilled that the advent of new tech has made it so easy for people everywhere to access subject matter that isn't local to them.

Baski wrote:...I'm glad i chose them over the Lakers back then...

As a professional Laker-hater, I'm also glad you made this decision. Ha ha

Make yourself at home here; you're among friends!
Baski
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: The Offical Spurs Fan Intro Thread! 

Post#27 » by Baski » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:08 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:

You certainly discovered the Spurs at the right time; it's cool that our great team was your first consistent firsthand exposure to NBA basketball, and even though you missed Timmy's best years, you caught up to the team right as they were transitioning into that 'beautiful game' era, which is by far the best era of Spurs ball.

From what i can tell, he was an absolute beast. He must've been awesome to watch live.

BombsquadSammy wrote: As a professional Laker-hater, I'm also glad you made this decision. Ha ha

Lol Where can i sign up? Watching them be mediocre the past 3 years have been awesome for me .

BombsquadSammy wrote: Make yourself at home here; you're among friends!

Thanks. Glad to be here.

Sent from my LGLS990 using RealGM mobile app
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,960

Post#28 » by Phreak50 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 7:30 am

Bye all. Have no desire to be part of a forum where one guy is allowed to post crap every second post, calling players names and dodging swear filters.

I expected better by Spurs fans and the mods to be honest.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by -Sammy- » Tue Mar 7, 2017 4:38 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Bye all. Have no desire to be part of a forum where one guy is allowed to post crap every second post, calling players names and dodging swear filters.

I expected better by Spurs fans and the mods to be honest.

I hope you'll reconsider! I hit you with a PM, so check it out if you get a chance.
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Baski » Wed Mar 8, 2017 9:26 pm

^^^Which poster/thread is he talking about?
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by -Sammy- » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Baski wrote:^^^Which poster/thread is he talking about?

It's all getting sorted out. We do hope Phreak50 decides to come back and hang around again, though, and for future reference for anyone here: if you have an issue with another poster or with something that happens around here, I hope you'll hit Nolan or me up to try to get it sorted out. The mods are here to make this the best possible forum to talk Spurs, and we want to do whatever we can to facilitate a positive environment for everyone. We're not perfect and we don't always get it right, but that's our goal, so if we overlook something or do something you're not comfortable with, please give us a chance to make it right. Thanks, everyone, and...

Spurshomie
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#32 » by Spurshomie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 am

Hello Spurs Family, my name is Dave, i am a fellow San Antonian. I love our city! I've lurked on these boards for over 7 or 8 years now but have been content to just read. There have been times where i wanted to post on certain threads but never took the time to register. I just felt it was time to take that leap and join my fellow Spurs fans in discussing our beloved Spurs together. I hope to make new friends here and look forward to meeting you all. :D thank you and take care!
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 9,523

Post#33 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:53 am

Welcome to the board.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Baski » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 am

Spurshomie wrote:Hello Spurs Family, my name is Dave, i am a fellow San Antonian. I love our city! I've lurked on these boards for over 7 or 8 years now but have been content to just read. There have been times where i wanted to post on certain threads but never took the time to register. I just felt it was time to take that leap and join my fellow Spurs fans in discussing our beloved Spurs together. I hope to make new friends here and look forward to meeting you all. :D thank you and take care!

Welcome :wave: :P
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#35 » by Nolan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Spurshomie wrote:Hello Spurs Family, my name is Dave, i am a fellow San Antonian. I love our city! I've lurked on these boards for over 7 or 8 years now but have been content to just read. There have been times where i wanted to post on certain threads but never took the time to register. I just felt it was time to take that leap and join my fellow Spurs fans in discussing our beloved Spurs together. I hope to make new friends here and look forward to meeting you all. :D thank you and take care!

Thanks for joining and welcome!! Looking forward to seeing you around!!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ACSpurs
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#36 » by ACSpurs » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 am

Heya guys, I am just very recently got into basketball (I'm a Milan supporter), so I don't have much knowledge about the game.
But hey, I'm here to learn.
As of why I am picking the Spurs? well, mainly because of those H-E-B Spurs commercials.
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Baski » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:20 am

ACSpurs wrote:Heya guys, I am just very recently got into basketball (I'm a Milan supporter), so I don't have much knowledge about the game.
As of why I am picking the Spurs? well, mainly because of those H-E-B Spurs commercials.

Welcome friend. Nice to see that basketball is reaching football (Yes it's football not soccer lol) fans too. Where I'm from, football is the dominant sport and most people don't appreciate the sport of basketball at all. I'm a Chelsea fan myself.
You picked a great team to support if you wanna learn about the game cos we've been a force for close to three decades now and in this changing basketball landscape, we're one of the few teams that still have that team ball identity.

Cheers

PS: Great username :D
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#38 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:13 pm

ACSpurs wrote:Heya guys, I am just very recently got into basketball (I'm a Milan supporter), so I don't have much knowledge about the game.

Welcome! We'll help you along don't worry!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
THKNKG
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#39 » by THKNKG » Mon May 1, 2017 4:32 am

Hey all, I'm a 20 year old that's about to graduate college in 6 days (FINALLY). I am a Spurs fan because I love Tim Duncan, and love the way the Spurs play.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
All-Time Fantasy Draft Team (90 FGA)

PG: Maurice Cheeks / Giannis
SG: Reggie Miller / Jordan
SF: Michael Jordan / Bruce Bowen
PF: Giannis / Marvin Williams
C: Artis Gilmore / Chris Anderson
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#40 » by ChosenSavior » Fri May 12, 2017 10:25 am

It seems that this board is more active than I thought it would be. I will introduce myself here and hope I'll be accepted.

Been living in San Antonio since 1995 (I was 12 at that time) and have had nothing but love and respect for the Spurs despite the fact that I am also a die hard Orlando Magic fan (1st team I got into when I started watching NBA ball more consistently in 1993). Throughout the Spurs history, they have played a brand of basketball that I just enjoy and feel how the game should truly be played and I just feel close to them. It also helps that I've been lucky to meet and learn basketball from the great and late Mike Mitchell (former Spur) when I was in the 9th grade, my mom dated Malik Rose for a brief period when he was with the Spurs, met David Robinson at a downtown convention in SA when we first moved into the city, etc.

Normally I would go to Spurstalk (not for the faint of heart :lol:) and lurk there but the site is a mess right now and it's next to impossible to access on normal browsers (can only access on my mobile browser now). Definitely want to be more active on this board just like I am on the Magic board so I say hello to everyone and am just elated on how the Spurs handled their business last night against the Rockets!

Return to San Antonio Spurs