Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: The Stash: The Austin Spurs/Spurs prospects thread 

Post#61 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:15 pm

EuropeanBball wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully he plays. I'd love to get a better look at him. Thanks for the link!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
EuropeanBball
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#62 » by EuropeanBball » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:03 pm

No problem! Here is full article, nothing interesting for Spurs fans, but that tweet is from this story:
http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/477165/reds-waiting-milutinov-released-green/

Dont think he will play in SL, Spurs announced roster for Las Vegas today and there is no Milutinov. He was on vacation until today bassically, probably thats the reason, i dont know. Anyway, Spurs have 8 more days to decide if they will sign Miluitnov, after that he will remain with Olympiacos for next season.
EuropeanBball
Sophomore

Post#63 » by EuropeanBball » Fri Jul 7, 2017 10:51 pm

According to David Pick, previous information from Eurohoops about Milutinov in Las Vegas was false:
Read on Twitter
EuropeanBball
Sophomore

Post#64 » by EuropeanBball » Sat Jul 8, 2017 10:48 pm

Read on Twitter
IronHide
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#65 » by IronHide » Sun Jul 9, 2017 9:07 pm

Dejounte Murray has been disappointing in the SL so far... Turning it over way too much, bad passes, poor decisions, missing almost every shot, etc. Just not playing well at all offensively. And his jump shot drives me nuts. He's never gonna be a very good shooter. Not giving up on him after a few but games obviously, but it's a little disappointing.
EuropeanBball
Sophomore

Post#66 » by EuropeanBball » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Read on Twitter
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#67 » by duncan21 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Spurs is very poor in the draft,except Kawhi.Parker,Manu............
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by Nolan » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:39 pm

duncan21 wrote:Spurs is very poor in the draft,except Kawhi.Parker,Manu............

Your act is getting old man. No one cares and no ones taking your bait.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
duncan21
Junior

Post#69 » by duncan21 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:59 am

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:Spurs is very poor in the draft,except Kawhi.Parker,Manu............

Because I said the truth :D
duncan21
Junior

Post#70 » by duncan21 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:59 am

Nolan wrote:

Because I said the truth :D
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by Nolan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Austin's training camp roster. A few interesting bigs and combo guards on the roster.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#72 » by -Sammy- » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 pm

As the G-League regular season encroaches (November 3), I'd like to open the thread up by asking everyone here:

Have you ever been to an Austin Spurs/Toros game? Have you ever been to a G-League/D-League game? What was your experience?

As for me, I went to a game in Austin in 2011 when they were still the Toros; I had a buddy who was working for the team at the time and he hooked us up with some courtside seats. They were playing the Idaho Stampede and Antoine Walker was on their roster at the time, so we were excited to see if he still had anything.

Walker's performance was mostly forgettable; the standout performance of the night came from rookie Luke Babbitt (currently with the Hawks), who'd been sent to Idaho from the Blazers and who was head-and-shoulders above everyone else, including Walker. My big takeaway from that game was the marvel that a by-NBA-standards marginal talent like Babbitt could stand out so conspicuously in a minor-league game; it was a reminder of how talented NBA players are compared to everyone else.

The game was a fun 'mini-NBA' experience and I recommend it to anyone who can catch a G-League game; if you do it in Austin, be sure to mow down on some pizza from Home Slice afterward.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by Nolan » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Disappointed that Bertans isn't get more minutes right now but a few games in the G-League won't hurt him.

As for White this will be a good chance for us to see more of his game against some decent talent.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by Nolan » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:33 pm

BombsquadSammy wrote:As the G-League regular season encroaches (November 3), I'd like to open the thread up by asking everyone here:

Have you ever been to an Austin Spurs/Toros game? Have you ever been to a G-League/D-League game? What was your experience?

As for me, I went to a game in Austin in 2011 when they were still the Toros; I had a buddy who was working for the team at the time and he hooked us up with some courtside seats. They were playing the Idaho Stampede and Antoine Walker was on their roster at the time, so we were excited to see if he still had anything.

Walker's performance was mostly forgettable; the standout performance of the night came from rookie Luke Babbitt (currently with the Hawks), who'd been sent to Idaho from the Blazers and who was head-and-shoulders above everyone else, including Walker. My big takeaway from that game was the marvel that a by-NBA-standards marginal talent like Babbitt could stand out so conspicuously in a minor-league game; it was a reminder of how talented NBA players are compared to everyone else.

The game was a fun 'mini-NBA' experience and I recommend it to anyone who can catch a G-League game; if you do it in Austin, be sure to mow down on some pizza from Home Slice afterward.

Haven't been yet. But it's in my future plans. I've wanted to check out Austin for a while and I think when the time comes i'll try to plan around the Spurs schedule so I can catch a game.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,253

Post#75 » by imagump1313 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:32 pm

Ok I know I mentioned it before but for anyone new to the thread or who might be interested, you can watch all the Austin games live on The G-League site including tonight's game against the Rockets affiliate, Rio Grande Valley.

http://gleague.nba.com/
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Nolan » Sun Dec 3, 2017 3:17 pm

Hillard, Costello and Blossomgame have all looked pretty solid so far. Really liking Blossomgame's energy and Costello's versatility.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#77 » by -Sammy- » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:04 am

Sorry we haven't posted more updates on the Austin squad, folks; we'll try to get some content up this week.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,432

Post#78 » by G R E Y » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Let's keep our fingers crossed for our up and coming group who are in the finals!
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by Nolan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Austin Spurs G-League Champs!!! Derrick White needs a lot of minutes next year, this kid can just flat out score.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,432

Post#80 » by G R E Y » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 am

Our young up and coming group just reached their pinnacle. Congratulations, Austin Spurs! :clap: :rockon: :clap:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:

Return to San Antonio Spurs