UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Re: realistic offseason 

Post#21 » by UDRIH14 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:19 am

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:
Movics wrote:Hey guys,

Do you think Ginobili will retire? My fellow countryman might replace him according to David Pick.

Read on Twitter

I'm really starting to think it's going to happen sadly.

I'd really like to see Hanga come over finally. I think it'll happen either way actually.

HANGA TO ME ISN'T THAT MUCH IMPRESSIVE,EVEN THOUGHT HE IS EROPELEAUGE DPOY,HE IS LESS ATHELTIC THAN SIMMONS EVER BEEN,AND HE IS SAME OLD AS SIMMONS..............

bruce wasnt athletic, it depends on how hanga plays defense...is he better then green? comes at a cheaper price where spurs can get something out of green trade?

spurs need a 4 player athletic perimeter guys for small ball death lineup...we already got kawhi/green/simmons on the court at times causing havoc, imagine adding hanga or any of cp3/ghill...solves the spurs small ball problem of not having another creator, but u got 4 guys on the court who plays solid defense for that stretch run...

spurs need to get rid of the vets and start moving away from the past, and move towards the future of buildng around kawhi these next 2 critical years is the difference between keeping him or not...ginoboli/parker/gasol needs to leave or retire...why do u want to continue to kowtow handing out loyalty contracts or keep ur vets happy at the expense of ur franchise player who is hungry to win rings? it never made any sense in the last 3 years after the last championship they happy to settle on 5rings and not looking at winning more, i thought purpose of competing in sports is to win the highest honor u can get every year or they only interested in selling tickets only

spurs pg u go out sign cp3/ghill, any would do...either of these guys can play 3 positions if needed, which is g ood for small ball, murry is still not ready yet when he doesnt even have a jumpshot that can spread the floor...

if they dont do anything and bring the same roster back, will be same outcome as everyone else would b e improving their roster, can actually see this team pushing top4 record with sf or wcf exit again...
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#22 » by Nolan » Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
I have to agree that rushing to sign one of these old expensive PGs is a mistake. Kawhi handles the ball most of the time anyway. We would be creating a redundancy that would not fit. What we need is a player that can do what Parker was doing when he was healthy. Driving and scoring, creating his own shot, moving the offense. This is when we were playing our best this year.

I don't know how you feel about him but I really believe that Murray can give us that right now. Maybe we could bring in a vet like Beno Udrih for the min as insurance as well.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#23 » by imagump1313 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:09 am

Nolan wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
I have to agree that rushing to sign one of these old expensive PGs is a mistake. Kawhi handles the ball most of the time anyway. We would be creating a redundancy that would not fit. What we need is a player that can do what Parker was doing when he was healthy. Driving and scoring, creating his own shot, moving the offense. This is when we were playing our best this year.

I don't know how you feel about him but I really believe that Murray can give us that right now. Maybe we could bring in a vet like Beno Udrih for the min as insurance as well.

I agree, I hope Murray is ready to be that guy. Obviously the Organization will know better if he is ready to handle that this fall. I just don't think we need a point guard in this offense. Everything runs through Kawhi when he is on the floor.

Not only is the big post-up 5 becoming obsolete in this league but so is the traditional point guard. Even when Murray or Parker were on the floor without Kawhi they rarely handled the ball exclusively and distributed. The ball just moves from player to player in our offense. This is why I think any pass first point guards are a waste of time and cap space for us. We need a scorer who can create his own shot and actually drive past people like Parker used to be able to do. I like that Murray can do this and hopefully he only gets better.

In the meantime thats where I would be putting my attention, a big guard or a swingman that can score and drive past people.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by imagump1313 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:27 am

I totally forgot about Aldridge's heart issue. We are screwed and stuck with him.......
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#25 » by TylersLakers » Sun May 28, 2017 5:56 am

How's Danny Green's status with the team? Would San Antonio consider a Jordan Clarkson, #28 for Green?
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by imagump1313 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:18 am

TylersLakers wrote:How's Danny Green's status with the team? Would San Antonio consider a Jordan Clarkson, #28 for Green?

Where do we sign up? I would trade Green for a bag of old hot dog wrappers......

Honestly, I think Green is a better defender and has better size but he is older and damn, I think Clarkson or anyone on the planet with a pulse would give us more offensively.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,811

Post#27 » by TylersLakers » Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 am

imagump1313 wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:How's Danny Green's status with the team? Would San Antonio consider a Jordan Clarkson, #28 for Green?

Where do we sign up? I would trade Green for a bag of old hot dog wrappers......

Honestly, I think Green is a better defender and has better size but he is older and damn, I think Clarkson or anyone on the planet with a pulse would give us more offensively.

Phenomenal. Wish I was Magic and wish you were R.C. Buford. Lol.

I like Clarkson, but if the Lakers draft Ball.. having 3 PG's (where Clarkson is best at) is just too many ball handlers that need significant minutes. Having a guy who could space the floor, hit the three and defend better than Clarkson would be great. And I think Clarkson would be great under Popovich.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by imagump1313 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:16 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

Phenomenal. Wish I was Magic and wish you were R.C. Buford. Lol.

I like Clarkson, but if the Lakers draft Ball.. having 3 PG's (where Clarkson is best at) is just too many ball handlers that need significant minutes. Having a guy who could space the floor, hit the three and defend better than Clarkson would be great. And I think Clarkson would be great under Popovich.

Yeah, you guys are going to have to move someone if you insist on drafting Ball. But if you are going to rely on Green hitting an occasional open three you might be disappointed. He is a great defensive player though which is what you guys lack.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Nolan » Mon May 29, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm higher on Green than most around here and even I'd do that in a heartbeat.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#30 » by Cycloneon » Mon May 29, 2017 6:18 pm

This is just like the early part of the 16/17 season, where talks of San Antonio going after Steph Curry was getting going. We knew it wasn't going to happen, but it was fun to talk about lol. This is going to be that. It's fun to talk about, but we know it isn't going to happen haha.

Teague, and Hill will cost you $10m less. But if we don't get either of that, i'm more interested in how they are going to fill out the remaining parts of the roster.

Backup PG?
Starting Center?
Adam Hanga/Milutinov call up?
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Post#31 » by jptremblay » Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm

If somehow anyone can convince Pau to opt out and sign for the vet min, we could upgrade our roster into Warrior's level. Imagine this:
CP3/Parker/Dejounte Murray
Green/Simmons/Ginobili
Kawhi/Hanga/Kyle
Aldridge/Lee/Bertans
Gasol/Dedmon/Milutinov

If Manu retires, select a SG this year and move Kyle or Forbes this summer.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#32 » by Cycloneon » Mon May 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Nah now that I think about it. Give DeJounte the keys on offense, let him grow right now like how they gave Parker the keys to the offense back in the early 2000s. Build your roster with euro call ups and the draft. We all should know Parker is barely going to play since Pop gonna be paranoid to give him anything more than 15-20 minutes a game after he's slowly bringing him back after the injury

Murray/???/Parker
Green/Simmons/Forbes
Leonard/Hanga/Anderson
Aldridge/Lee/Bertans/Bell
Dedmon/Gasol/Milutinov

Don't know who to remove.. Won't be shocked if Forbes is the sacrificial lamb.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Nolan » Mon May 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Cycloneon wrote:Nah now that I think about it. Give DeJounte the keys on offense, let him grow right now like how they gave Parker the keys to the offense back in the early 2000s. Build your roster with euro call ups and the draft. We all should know Parker is barely going to play since Pop gonna be paranoid to give him anything more than 15-20 minutes a game after he's slowly bringing him back after the injury

Murray/???/Parker
Green/Simmons/Forbes
Leonard/Hanga/Anderson
Aldridge/Lee/Bertans/Bell
Dedmon/Gasol/Milutinov

Don't know who to remove.. Won't be shocked if Forbes is the sacrificial lamb.

Agreed. I like Forbes but he's limited and replaceable.

Beno Udrih would be a solid get for us as a 3rd PG. He's one of those guys that doesn't really hurt you on either end and he can do a bit of everything.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#34 » by UDRIH14 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:59 am

the frontline rotation
spurs should trade pau to memphis for zbo, solves the spurs problem with no low posts scorer and zbo can shoot the midrange if needed...

or trade lma for something...shouldve traded for dmc imo, buut theres no bigs out there that would put the spurs over the top or get equal talent in return cause atm lma value is very low due to being exposed in this years playoffs...

i wonder what the spurs can get for mills/simmons/green.....keep anderson though; his contract is like under 1m.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Nolan » Tue May 30, 2017 4:31 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:the frontline rotation
spurs should trade pau to memphis for zbo, solves the spurs problem with no low posts scorer and zbo can shoot the midrange if needed...

or trade lma for something...shouldve traded for dmc imo, buut theres no bigs out there that would put the spurs over the top or get equal talent in return cause atm lma value is very low due to being exposed in this years playoffs...

i wonder what the spurs can get for mills/simmons/green.....keep anderson though; his contract is like under 1m.

Z-Bo's a free agent this summer so that's a no go.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#36 » by pad300 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:09 pm

For the big question about TP9's return
http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/42964/rumor-central-tony-parker-expects-to-return-better-than-ever-in-2018

Parker is of course being very optimistic:
"I will play my best basketball when I return in January,” Parker told L’Equipe, according to Eurohoops.net.

I think the following estimate is from the Spurs as a team, and I think it is optimistic.
Parker is sidelined for six to eight months and will not return until around the 2018 All-Star Game in February.

Obviously, any setbacks/slow recovery put his entire season in jeopardy.

I really expect us to do something to bring in a starting level PG next season.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#37 » by Kilo » Tue May 30, 2017 8:22 pm

What about #12 Overall and a return of Boban Marjanovic (2yrs 7M per season owing) for Danny Green and #29?
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Post#38 » by pad300 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Kilo wrote:What about #12 Overall and a return of Boban Marjanovic (2yrs 7M per season owing) for Danny Green and #29?

I wouldn't mind in principle, I think the value is pretty good for the Spurs, but there would have to be a lot of things happening first. Like a) getting a PG somehow, b) Move Pau for value; one slow center is enough c) figure out what to do to fill a Danny shaped hole in the starting line-up.
humbertomakris
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#39 » by humbertomakris » Wed May 31, 2017 8:05 am

Milutinov and hanga are ready to make the move to the spurs. They have both had very good seasons. Hanga DPOY and Milutinov has made huge strides with olympiakos this year. I think Mills and Dedmon both leave. Lee and Manu re-sign for leftover cap after acquisitions. Draft Picks would probably take the 2 way (g-league/NBA) contracts. The main question becomes who takes Mills contract and forbes roster spot who is a PG. someone like Ty Lawson who's a VET, needs to redeem his career, would benefit his personal life to be around an organisation like the Spurs and crucially his game is similar to TP.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Nolan » Wed May 31, 2017 12:21 pm

pad300 wrote:For the big question about TP9's return
http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/42964/rumor-central-tony-parker-expects-to-return-better-than-ever-in-2018

Parker is of course being very optimistic:
"I will play my best basketball when I return in January,” Parker told L’Equipe, according to Eurohoops.net.

I think the following estimate is from the Spurs as a team, and I think it is optimistic.
Parker is sidelined for six to eight months and will not return until around the 2018 All-Star Game in February.

Obviously, any setbacks/slow recovery put his entire season in jeopardy.

I really expect us to do something to bring in a starting level PG next season.

It's definitely a lot longer than I expected but I'm still fine with us rolling with Murray and whoever.

Return to San Antonio Spurs