Around the NBA: The Offseason Edition

Moderator: G R E Y

pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 387

Re: Around the NBA: The Offseason Edition 

Post#41 » by pad300 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Utah will be the new Memphis of the 2010-2012/2013 period, but with no Rudy Gay, Gasol, and Randolph to go to offensively... but because they're Utah, the media darlings won't adore them like they oddly did with Memphis for all those years.

Utah has realized they've lost all their offensive creativity they had primarily with George and Hayward, and are now going to committ to what they feel are the remaining strengths of their team (team-play offensively, good defense)... while going into a transition period filled with decent pieces for trades. The thing is Utah the last couple years has been a piece away (like another dynamic player at PF or SG/SF (Hayward is more of an SF overall) ).

Rodney Hood, Joe Johnson, Ingles, and Rubio, Favors will be their best offensive players - but these guys are, 3.5/4th options, and situational go-to-guys at best, with Joe being the most reliable even now, since he never really relied a lot on athleticism offensively and is still a pretty damn good offensive player when it counts.

Gobert isn't even close to a legitimate offensive option (all-star-level offense, at least), as of yet - maybe he'll blossom into that with an offseason and more chances. If Gobert was on the Spurs, Tim/DRob I bet would be around a lot more. Gobert, Gay, Leonard, Green, and a more mature Murray would be quite a team to watch play...

Utah will get beat more often than not by balanced teams, or explosive offensive teams who happen to play adequate enough defense (but may not be consistent).

Not sure I believe this; Rubio may be a lot more than you think. The offense is going to be points by committee sure, but Rubio is a GREAT set-up man... No, they are not going to be a top contender, but they are going to be a handful.
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#42 » by duncan21 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:20 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
Frankie23 wrote:I heard Robert Horry, first in the Jump and then with RJ's podcast. Not going to mention the Hakeem better than Timmy, cause that was about perception and there's nothing but love between Timmy and Horry.

What i didn't like is the Manu Ginobili cost me a ring thing. This is also mentioned by a lot of Spurs fans and i always thought that was unfair. Why? Cause people don't remember that game. Little review: Game tied, Spurs ball with seconds left. Manu made a 3 pointer that created the 3 points lead. Yes, then he fouled Dirk for the and1. Game tied again and overtime. Conclussion: he fouled, terrible mistake, but the only reason that tied the game instead of lose the game was because of that clutch 3 pointer Manu made.
Also, without Manu, Horry doesn't win 05 and 07, so that comment is really ungrateful

That would be like Tracy McGrady saying Tim Duncan cost him a ring in 2013 for missing a layup........

Without Horry,Duncan will minus a ring
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,265

Post#43 » by imagump1313 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 pm

duncan21 wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:
Frankie23 wrote:I heard Robert Horry, first in the Jump and then with RJ's podcast. Not going to mention the Hakeem better than Timmy, cause that was about perception and there's nothing but love between Timmy and Horry.

What i didn't like is the Manu Ginobili cost me a ring thing. This is also mentioned by a lot of Spurs fans and i always thought that was unfair. Why? Cause people don't remember that game. Little review: Game tied, Spurs ball with seconds left. Manu made a 3 pointer that created the 3 points lead. Yes, then he fouled Dirk for the and1. Game tied again and overtime. Conclussion: he fouled, terrible mistake, but the only reason that tied the game instead of lose the game was because of that clutch 3 pointer Manu made.
Also, without Manu, Horry doesn't win 05 and 07, so that comment is really ungrateful

That would be like Tracy McGrady saying Tim Duncan cost him a ring in 2013 for missing a layup........

Well, Duncan isn't the one crying to the media like a little girl....
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#44 » by Nolan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Not a good look for Horry really. He came off absurdly selfish.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by imagump1313 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:56 am

So Cleveland predictably has turned into a dumpster fire.

That leaves the East wide open for Boston or Washington. I'm pulling for Milwaukee though. That city deserves some success.
duncan21
Junior

Post#46 » by duncan21 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:32 am

Spurs will be lucky past 1 st round this season
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#47 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:16 am

Your head coach is painting racism at the top. Trump. When has disrespecting the flag solve the problem of racism? And I find it odd how Trump has turned into a racist when running against Clinton and now our president and Pops is jumping on the racist card? Lets look at history Greg.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#48 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:18 am

When did complaining about people disrespecting the flag make a person racist?
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by Nolan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:44 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:Your head coach is painting racism at the top. Trump. When has disrespecting the flag solve the problem of racism? And I find it odd how Trump has turned into a racist when running against Clinton and now our president and Pops is jumping on the racist card? Lets look at history Greg.

I think you missed the entire point of what Pops was trying to say. Listen to his words.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
duncan21
Junior

Post#50 » by duncan21 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:15 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

Well, Duncan isn't the one crying to the media like a little girl....

Duncan choked at 2013 Finals,I hardly see Horry choke
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,267

Post#51 » by Wiltside » Sun Oct 1, 2017 8:26 am

Relatively quiet offseason for you guys, but I get the feeling it's all part of the plan. Spurs will still be there abouts this year, despite all the wheeling and dealing by rivals.

Questions for you guys:

- Who starts while Parker is out?
- What are your expectations of Rudy, coming off an achilles?
- Is there enough in the big-man department?
- Do you anticipate any mid-season moves?

I've written up a few thoughts on your offseason, would value some Spurs fans opinions: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/10/01/nba-spurs-season-preview/
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by Nolan » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:28 pm

Wiltside wrote:Relatively quiet offseason for you guys, but I get the feeling it's all part of the plan. Spurs will still be there abouts this year, despite all the wheeling and dealing by rivals.

Questions for you guys:

I've written up a few thoughts on your offseason, would value some Spurs fans opinions: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/10/01/nba-spurs-season-preview/

1. Probably Murray, Pops really likes Mills off the bench.
2. No clue to be honest. My initial thoughts were as an extra scoring punch off the bench. We'll see how it works.
3. I am worried about what we have in the paint, if we go small with lots of Kawhi, Rudy and Anderson at the 4 I think we'll be fine.
4. I doubt it. Not our style.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by imagump1313 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 2:35 pm

Wiltside wrote:Relatively quiet offseason for you guys, but I get the feeling it's all part of the plan. Spurs will still be there abouts this year, despite all the wheeling and dealing by rivals.

Questions for you guys:

1.Yes, its probably Murray with a big dose of Mills off the bench.
2.No expectations actually. Whatever he gives us will be welcome.
3.If Joffery stays healthy yes. We will miss David Lee a lot though. Both the team and Aldridge have been pretty silent about the comments over the summer so I'm hoping the team is going to get him more involved and engaged this year with less Kawhi hero ball.
4.Too early to know anything about that. Usually the season and injuries dictate making a mid season move. Perhaps if Aldridge is stuck in the same funk he was last year by the trade deadline.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#54 » by UDRIH14 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:12 pm

no one has sign david lee, his still recovering from injury? wasnt he playing some pickup games a few weeks ago?

why hasnt the spurs sign him who at leasts knows the system and fits in well with the playging group, instead of extending pau, and signing that new french guy big...

didnt like the spurs drafting or signing multiple perimeter players hoping one will panned out, shouldve thrown a minimum at monte ellis see if he taken it...

spurs offseason has been bland anyway minus simmons with attraction of rudy who is a better player, and nothing else...

who here thinks dijon is a draft busts? so far he hasnt shown he can shoot the ball, and whats with teh increase turnovers street ball dribbling crap man...
duncan21
Junior

Post#55 » by duncan21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:59 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:no one has sign david lee, his still recovering from injury? wasnt he playing some pickup games a few weeks ago?

why hasnt the spurs sign him who at leasts knows the system and fits in well with the playging group, instead of extending pau, and signing that new french guy big...

didnt like the spurs drafting or signing multiple perimeter players hoping one will panned out, shouldve thrown a minimum at monte ellis see if he taken it...

spurs offseason has been bland anyway minus simmons with attraction of rudy who is a better player, and nothing else...

who here thinks dijon is a draft busts? so far he hasnt shown he can shoot the ball, and whats with teh increase turnovers street ball dribbling crap man...

OVERRATED A DUDE WHO ONLY PLAY ONE YEAR PLAYOFFS GAME THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER & A STAT PADDAR ON AN LOTTERY TEAM LIKE SHAREEF ABDUL RAHIM :lol:
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#56 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Thoughts on LMA's potential extension?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Return to San Antonio Spurs