Rumour: LMA Wants a Trade

Moderator: G R E Y

Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Re: Rumour: LMA Wants a Trade 

Post#21 » by Cycloneon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:57 am

If they do trade Aldridge, who starts in that 4 position? C is a question mark too but there are a lot of veteran big men that can be signed at the minimum like Bogut/Splitter... if Pop doesn't trust Mulitinov to start yet
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#22 » by duncan21 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Cycloneon wrote:If they do trade Aldridge, who starts in that 4 position? C is a question mark too but there are a lot of veteran big men that can be signed at the minimum like Bogut/Splitter... if Pop doesn't trust Mulitinov to start yet

TRADE FOR PG13
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#23 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 7, 2017 7:23 pm

So idea. If LMA still wants a trade what about a deal with Utah. Diaw and Favors for LMA.

LMA get's more touches in Utah and a chance be the man again. He also helps Utah stay in the playoff picture.

As for us Favors (if healthy) is what we need at center and with us he finally gets a chance to play center full time. He's a decent rim protector and a better defender than LMA. He gets garbage buckets and finishes well around the rim.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
renegadejoker
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#24 » by renegadejoker » Sun Jul 9, 2017 3:19 pm

How about Jonas Valanciunas + Cory Joseph from Raptors for LMA?
Cycloneon
Senior

Post#25 » by Cycloneon » Sun Jul 9, 2017 4:32 pm

renegadejoker wrote:How about Jonas Valanciunas + Cory Joseph from Raptors for LMA?

Joseph would be cool just in case Ginobili retires as well. a PG-SF lineup of:

Murray/Mills/*Parker
Green/Joseph/White
Leonard/Simmons/Anderson/Blossomgame

sounds cool but not with JV's contract, he's making $16 next offseason, that would put a damper on the spurs' salary cap next year.

if they trade for Aldridge, it should only be for pure cap space. For some reason I like the idea of trying to trade (whether straight up for 3 team trade) for Okafor or Greg Monroe.. Jahlil is cheap and Monroe is only on 1 yrs contract.
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#26 » by LascelleL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:12 am

Hey wanna take JV?
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#27 » by stilldropin20 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:43 am

LMA for crowder??
like i said, its a full rebuild.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,253

Post#28 » by imagump1313 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:47 pm

LascelleL wrote:Hey wanna take JV?

stilldropin20 wrote:LMA for crowder??

I would accept anyone making less money and not named LaMarcus Aldridge for Aldridge at this point because I am soo down on him.
mo7888
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#29 » by mo7888 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
LascelleL wrote:Hey wanna take JV?

stilldropin20 wrote:LMA for crowder??

I would accept anyone making less money and not named LaMarcus Aldridge for Aldridge at this point because I am soo down on him.

I'm down on him too but, I want some value in return because if we just let him walk next summer we get some value in having max cap room. If we move him now I'd want either a difference maker or a young player or pick plus an expiring contract.
Cycloneon
Senior

Post#30 » by Cycloneon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 am

At this point, i'm perfectly fine just getting a 1st/2nd round pick in return.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm really interested in seeing how this is going to play out this season. Bringing in Gay, not resigning Dedmon means Aldridge is going to have to play more at the 5 and we all know he wasn't too fond of that.

Could us making it public we were trying to move him and him voicing his displeasure about his stay here soo far been talked out with the coaching staff in some way that we convinced him he will get more touches as a center this season? It will be something very interesting to watch since it looks more and more like we are stuck with each other this year.
Green_teamer
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,040

Post#32 » by Green_teamer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Crowder Morris Rozier and a couple 1sts for Aldridge who says no
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by imagump1313 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:03 am

Green_teamer wrote:Crowder Morris Rozier and a couple 1sts for Aldridge who says no

Why so generous? I would be happy with the picks!
Green_teamer
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,040

Post#34 » by Green_teamer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:07 am

imagump1313 wrote:
Green_teamer wrote:Crowder Morris Rozier and a couple 1sts for Aldridge who says no

Lol only cause we have to match salary. Maybe the players w/of the picks is fair then I didn't know his value had dropped so far
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,470

Post#35 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:41 pm

The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#36 » by King of Canada » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Green_teamer wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

Lol only cause we have to match salary. Maybe the players w/of the picks is fair then I didn't know his value had dropped so far

I'm assuming you're not offering the good picks, though right? Probably changes to outlook of that trade if you're not.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by imagump1313 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:57 am

Well it looks as though we are going to be stuck with each other for one more year. The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm leaning toward it not being that bad of a thing.

Obviously we tried to trade him and he voiced his displeasure about his role here. At least him saying something means he cares and was just as frustrated as the rest of were about his play.

I said a couple times during the year that I thought we weren't using him properly and were relying too much on Kwahi hero ball.
Aldridge is an all star when he is in a comfortable situation and it is this coaching staff's job to get him comfortable somehow.

We got one more season to figure this out and we are perfectly setup to make big changes next season if it doesn't.
This is a great opportunity for both sides to start over and make this work.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Post#38 » by pad300 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 pm

imagump1313 wrote:Well it looks as though we are going to be stuck with each other for one more year. The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm leaning toward it not being that bad of a thing.

Obviously we tried to trade him and he voiced his displeasure about his role here. At least him saying something means he cares and was just as frustrated as the rest of were about his play.

I said a couple times during the year that I thought we weren't using him properly and were relying too much on Kwahi hero ball.
Aldridge is an all star when he is in a comfortable situation and it is this coaching staff's job to get him comfortable somehow.

We got one more season to figure this out and we are perfectly setup to make big changes next season if it doesn't.
This is a great opportunity for both sides to start over and make this work.

Yeah, if he actually does want out, this is a contract year for him (player option next year) - we can expect a level of effort. He gives that, and as an expiring who will give us max FA cap space + more, trade offers would have to be pretty good to make it worth our while.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#39 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Rumors he maybe signing an extension

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Return to San Antonio Spurs