Trade Idea 

Post#1 » by BucksPackers » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:51 pm

Bucks fan here.

Would you consider this package....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9n2fzfd

Milwaukee gets: Frye, Love, D Murray
Milwaukee gives: Parker, Henson, Delly, Monroe

Lineup: Brog, Mids, Giannis, Love, Thon

Cavs get: LA, Monroe, Bledsoe, lotto protect 2018 first from the spurs and suns 2018 heat first round pick
Cavs give: Love, Frye, Kyrie

Lineup: Bledsoe, JR, Bron, LA, Monroe/TT

Suns get: Parker, Henson
Suns give: Bledsoe, 2018 heat pick

Lineup: Doesn't change but add Parker to their young core

Spurs get: Kyrie, Delly
Spurs give: LA, Murray and 2018 first lotto protected

Lineup: Kyrie, Green, Gay,Kahwi, Pau

This would help out all teams............
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 386

Re: Trade Idea 

Post#2 » by pad300 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for CLE, as they get back both Monroe and LMA - two bigs while only moving Love.
I'm not sure it works for the suns - who is their PG? Brandon Knight has a torn ACL and is expected to miss the season...

From SAS's pov, they need a big back to fill in for LMA leaving - if we got Henson rather than Delly, I would do it. That might also make PHO happier, as they get a PG back to at least fill time for Bledsoe.
Unfortunately, the contracts don't work:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yame68dm

You can't make it work by chucking in Forbes or Bertans from the Spurs end (to either PHO or MIL). I don't think the spurs would chuck in Andersen. The one thing that might work is a S&T deal with a partially guaranteed contract for David Lee ( I believe it would actually have to be the vet min, 2.3 M for a 10+ year vet), who could go to either PHO or MIL. How much the partial guarantee would be for would need to be negotiated with him... Or they might even be willing to keep him; he was pretty good last year.
SAGirl
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#3 » by SAGirl » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:15 pm

I don't think the team can send Lamarcus out and not get a starter quality big back without getting significantly worse so, nope. No trade.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,702

Post#4 » by -Sammy- » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 am

Yeah, I'm not feeling this trade because of the size hit we take. I know LMA isn't 'the guy', but I feel like any trade involving him needs to net us someone we can put in the frontcourt.

Good thought, though; I'd love to bring Irving in.
devindixen
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#5 » by devindixen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 am

You guys who oppose this trade is crazy man..

For the sole reason of us taking a hit at frontcourt? How much reliable is Kyrie than Lamarcus? Obviously if that actually happens in real life, the Front Office will make another trade because there's no way we play the whole season with what? 5 Point Guards? There are still a ton of servicable bigs out there. We even have Pau Gasol who is still skilled enough to be a starter. I'm sorry.. but which starting lineup do I take?

Gasol
LMA
Leonard
Green
Murray

or

Gasol
Gay
Leonard
Green
Irving

I know which one I'm taking. Forbes will likely be waived and the Spurs take a veteran big for the minimum. Heck, even David Lee is still out there and he did a great job with us. Boris Diaw is waived by Utah right? I'm not sure he's found a home yet. Even Tiago Splitter is still out there and he was alright with us.

Return to San Antonio Spurs