Highlights from Media Day 2017

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Highlights from Media Day 2017 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Here's the full interview with Pops if you have the time to watch it I would recommend it.

Some exerts for those who don`t have 21 minutes to spare:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Obviously Pops stole the spotlight and for good reason but here are some of the other interesting things that came out of media day:

Kawhi on the new "Zaza" rule:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Kawhi-Leonard-comments-on-Zaza-Rule-12226818.php

Manu on his return:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Manu-Ginobili-talk-his-return-at-Spurs-media-day-12226762.php

The preseason is just around the corner folks!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Re: Highlights from Media Day 2017 

Post#2 » by imagump1313 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 pm

The one thing I'm surprised about, or maybe I just missed it completely...... Is no one seemed to ask anything about LMA and if our approach is going to be different with him this year. Or what anyone has planned to have him become more involved this season.

To me this is the number one most important question this team has for the season. If we can get him engaged and playing like we know he can, this team can contend. If he continues down the road of last season, we aren't going anywhere regardless of weather Rudy Gay or Parker bounce back, or if Murray or Bertans become more important players.
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#3 » by duncan21 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:07 pm

imagump1313 wrote:The one thing I'm surprised about, or maybe I just missed it completely...... Is no one seemed to ask anything about LMA and if our approach is going to be different with him this year. Or what anyone has planned to have him become more involved this season.

To me this is the number one most important question this team has for the season. If we can get him engaged and playing like we know he can, this team can contend. If he continues down the road of last season, we aren't going anywhere regardless of weather Rudy Gay or Parker bounce back, or if Murray or Bertans become more important players.

They won't able to compete,I bet Spurs's defence will take a Big setback,LMA is overhyped he is already proved he not Big Time Player in the past two year :lol:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by imagump1313 » Mon Oct 2, 2017 2:37 pm

duncan21 wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:The one thing I'm surprised about, or maybe I just missed it completely...... Is no one seemed to ask anything about LMA and if our approach is going to be different with him this year. Or what anyone has planned to have him become more involved this season.

They won't able to compete,I bet Spurs's defence will take a Big setback,LMA is overhyped he is already proved he not Big Time Player in the past two year :lol:

It sounds like you are rooting for them to be bad. Good luck with that.....
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#5 » by duncan21 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:58 am

imagump1313 wrote:
duncan21 wrote:

It sounds like you are rooting for them to be bad. Good luck with that.....

1ST RD EXIT,I'm not surprise
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by imagump1313 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 10:57 pm

Finally some news and information regarding LaMarcus Aldridge and plans for this season! It seems as if both sides have gotten on the same page and the team is definitely getting him more involved this season.This makes me excited. An engaged Aldridge and no injuries means title contention IMO.

I LOVE this quote from Popovich:
Coach Pop wrote:We have talked about what we can do to make him more comfortable, and to make our team better. But having said that, I think we are mostly talking about offense. Defense, he was fantastic for us. Now, we have got to help him a little bit more so that he is comfortable in his own space offensively, and I haven't done a very good job of that.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20901861/nba-lamarcus-aldridge-adjustment-spurs-enters-year-3

Jalen Rose is right on also!
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#7 » by Nolan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm

imagump1313 wrote:Finally some news and information regarding LaMarcus Aldridge and plans for this season! It seems as if both sides have gotten on the same page and the team is definitely getting him more involved this season.This makes me excited. An engaged Aldridge and no injuries means title contention IMO.

I LOVE this quote from Popovich:
Coach Pop wrote:We have talked about what we can do to make him more comfortable, and to make our team better. But having said that, I think we are mostly talking about offense. Defense, he was fantastic for us. Now, we have got to help him a little bit more so that he is comfortable in his own space offensively, and I haven't done a very good job of that.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20901861/nba-lamarcus-aldridge-adjustment-spurs-enters-year-3

Jalen Rose is right on also!

I'm glad LMA brought it up and I'm glad it's being addressed. A locked in LMA is dangerous and if we can get more of that this season its going to make a huge difference.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to San Antonio Spurs