Mills or Murray? Who Starts?

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Mills or Murray? Who Starts? 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Mon Oct 2, 2017 1:33 pm

Parker probably won't be back until the new year so in the meantime who starts at PG this year?

In the past Pops has kept Patty on the bench when Tony's been out because he loves the energy he brings into the game. But with Tony being out for such a long stretch will Pops thinking change?

Who do you peeps think should start and who do you think will start?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Re: Mills or Murray? Who Starts? 

Post#2 » by Cycloneon » Tue Oct 3, 2017 3:04 pm

Murray.

PATFO failed to get George Hill and Derrick Rose, lost the race for Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving. So for now I think they're just going to roll the dice on Murray and see where it takes them. If he under-performs, then Patty is right there waiting to start.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Nolan » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:59 pm

Cycloneon wrote:Murray.

PATFO failed to get George Hill and Derrick Rose, lost the race for Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving. So for now I think they're just going to roll the dice on Murray and see where it takes them. If he under-performs, then Patty is right there waiting to start.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Murray looked amazing at times last year, also completely disappeared at times. I think he's earned a shot.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#4 » by duncan21 » Thu Oct 5, 2017 6:15 am

Cycloneon wrote:Murray.

HE WILL NEVER BE A STARS IN THIS LEAUGE :D HE JUST LACK OF TALENT LIKE DANNY GREEN
Frankie23
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#5 » by Frankie23 » Fri Oct 6, 2017 3:23 am

Murray, not only cause it would affect the bench chemestry, but also cause the starting line up needs another ball handler capable of getting to the rim and creating his own shot or for others. I wish he spent the whole summer working on his shooting with Chip
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#6 » by alexb618 » Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:59 pm

I think we are all going to be very disappointed with murray.

he will have a couple of good games that will get us excited on the forum but overall I am not expecting much.
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Post#7 » by popfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 am

Murray. It's time to unleash the kid and develop him into an NBA starter if he is in fact one.

It was Sean Elliot who sold me on Murray. During a regular season game last year, Elliot gushed about Murray. If I remember correctly, Elliot saw greatness in the kid although he was careful to say this. Elliot based his high opinion of Murray on numerous team scrimmages that he's been privy to watch.

Mills is great but I'd like to see him anchoring the bench which he did well last year. If we need to start Mills this year, then so be it.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Nolan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 pm

alexb618 wrote:I think we are all going to be very disappointed with murray.

he will have a couple of good games that will get us excited on the forum but overall I am not expecting much.

It depends on where you set the bar for him.

If your expecting double digit scoring and 30 minutes a night you may be disappointed. All I'm expecting is progress; I want fewer turnovers, better defense and a more consistent jumper.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#9 » by UDRIH14 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:13 pm

im already disappointed in murry...he hasnt shown any improvement in the summer, he be exposed against good teams and teams with good rookie pgs....

Return to San Antonio Spurs