Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

GT: Spurs vs. Pelicans 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 pm

When: Nov 22nd, 2017 6:00 PM MT
Where: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans LA

This will be a tough one for us. This is going to be a strength vs. strength type game where the role players may end up being the ones who decide the final score.

Stopping Davis and Cousins is of course the key to this one but bench play is going to be crucial as well. The Pels are thin and our 2nd unit can torch theirs it can decide the outcome of this one.

Go Spurs!!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: GT: Spurs vs. Pelicans 

Post#2 » by ducler » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 am

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,653

Post#3 » by G R E Y » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:05 am

Well. What the **** was that?

Once the turkey-with-all-the-fixins coma set in in the second quarter, it was like, what, a FIFTY point swing at one point?? I was curious to see how we'd handle the Davis/Cousins duo, and now I know lol. On paper, quite a few Spurs had good games, and too many didn't, but that doesn't tell the story. I don't mind losing when we play the right way, but hate seeing what was on display tonight. Unacceptable. Very un-Spurslike. I hope Pop lays into them and they remember how they're supposed to play in time for the next game. Ok, on to the next one...

And Happy Thanksgiving to the Spurs and the US Spurs fans! :wave:
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Orlando_kingdom
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#4 » by Orlando_kingdom » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 am

TIWNS TOWER IS TOOO BIG...............
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#5 » by Nolan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Well we started off great but things got ugly in the 2nd quarter. The holy trinity of turnovers, poor defense and terrible execution on the offensive end completely sunk us. Davis and Cousins just started overpowering us in the paint and we had no answer for them.

Disappointing loss but we gotta move on and build off of this.

On the plus side Anderson and Murray looked really good in this one. Pops is going to have some difficult choices to make with the rotation when Kawhi and Tony get back.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#6 » by imagump1313 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:44 am

I stopped watching at the half we looked soo sloppy. Great start because we were hitting everything and NO was playing absolutely no defense.
Once they tightened up we struggled to take good shots because we still have a bunch of non aggressive scorers. Once Parker and Leonard get back that should be better.
I like the way Anderson is playing and Aldridge has been great but he has his limitations. Rudy Gay looked lost in this game.
Murray is still way too passive for me. I wish he would play unafraid like a Kyle Kuzma or Boston's Brown and Tatum do.

Return to San Antonio Spurs