The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,642

Re: G A M E D A Y: SPURS (45-33) @ LAKERS (33-44), 9:30PM CT 

Post#2 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:23 am

Jesus Christ. Poor defense throughout the game, followed by O completely abandoning us when we needed it most.

We looked nervous and somewhat tentative throughout the game, almost hesitant to commit fouls after the debacle of the previous game. They carved us up inside for easy points all game long.

And then we shot 2-8 in OT with 2 turnovers. We could not manufacture anything but Hail Mary 3s and when we drove, the floaters missed. LMA our leading scorer did not get a shot in OT.

We just can't make it easy can we?

I had hoped White would get some minutes seeing as how we called him up, and Tony has been playing, frankly, poorly the last few games.

Stuck at 45 wins, but going home for some tough games. We have to come together. Sending the love.

GO SPURS GO!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#3 » by imagump1313 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 12:34 pm

Another very hard to watch game. Even if Kawhi came back I don't think he would help this mess much.,,,,,,,,

Things I am tired of seeing:
Patty Mills: I'm sure he is a wonderful man in person but he sucks at basketball. He is a turnover machine. The reason we lose games is because we are forced to rely on him scoring and that is too much to ask of him. Did I mention he is a turnover waiting to happen on every play? I think I did. Also, He is a turnover machine.

Murray playing well for 2 minutes and then disappearing for the next 20.

Danny Green not being able to score in a whorehouse. I am actually surprised when I see a Danny Green shot go in.(Same with Mills)

The ridiculous "I'm going to half ass pretend to drive to the basket with no intention whatsoever of shooting the basketball" made by just about everyone on this team. It is soo hard to watch how bad we look offensively. In the playoffs, Aldridge is going to get doubled just like the Lakers did late in that game and we are going to be left with what we looked like at the end of that game. We have absolutely no chance of beating anyone in the playoffs IF we even make it.

More on Mills: I think one of the reasons he is a walking mistake is because he doesn't seem to play basketball with his fingers. He seems to dribble and pass with all palms. Ive played with guys like this. He shoots ok but with no consistency but when he handles the ball it looks like he is dribbling with his palms and seems to slap the ball to people when he passes. All the while looking like he is losing control of the ball constantly. It also doesn't help that he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. Always out of control. He never makes a smooth pass, its always hurried and the person he passes too always has trouble catching it. I appreciate the hustle but he plays too fast for himself. When guys like him walk into the gym, that's the time I usually leave when I'm playing. They are frustrating to watch and even more frustrating to play with.
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Post#4 » by jptremblay » Thu Apr 5, 2018 3:58 pm

Another atrocius offensive performance at the end...
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#5 » by Nolan » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:58 pm

jptremblay wrote:Another atrocius offensive performance at the end...

The offense sucked but we couldn't stop anyone all night long. That's what killed us.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to San Antonio Spurs