MERGED: Kawhi Leonard Trade Ideas Thread

Moderator: G R E Y

CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,334

Who says no? (Kawhi trade proposal) 

Post#21 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 am

Clippers send Gallinari and the 12th & 13th picks for Kawhi.

Gallinari is good but super injury prone, and due to make 21.5 million this season and 22.5 the next.
If the Clippers get Kawhi, they try to swing for the fences and do a S&T for Lebron, with Tobias Harris as the incentive for Cleveland to take on salary.
If the Clippers want to accelerate their rebuild, now is their chance, and it feels like the longer things drag out the more Kawhi will insist on the Lakers and only the Lakers. But right now he's apparently open to the Clippers, and if they landed Lebron, too, he's pretty likely to stay.
It leaves the Spurs to rebuild around Aldridge and the 12, 13, & 18 picks, which could net them some young wings like Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter or Dzanan Musa, maybe even Lonnie Walker, to replace Kawhi and Danny (and Manu :( ), with Gallinari as the stop gap. His offense would provide some value to them if he can stay healthy.

Who says no? Or do you think it would be a good trade for both teams?
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Re: Who says no? (Kawhi trade proposal) 

Post#22 » by Phreak50 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:42 am

You don’t ‘rebuild’ around a 33year old...

If the picks were 5 and 6 (instead of 12 and 13) the Spurs still wouldn’t pick up the phone.

Clippers have zero chance of landing Leonard I’m sorry.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#23 » by imagump1313 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Again, not to be rude but this is another crap offer where people think they can fleece the Spurs by offering their garbage. Its not going to happen.

Leonard is one of the top players in the league.
Would you offer two low draft picks and Gallinari for James Harden??
Would you offer two crap draft picks and a useless Gallinari for Kevin Durant?
Think about what you're saying man....
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,666

Re: MERGED: Kawhi Leonard Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#24 » by G R E Y » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:42 pm

We've had several new threads each with a new Kawhi trade proposal, so to keep them all under one roof, please post your trade ideas here. Thanks.

- Grey
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#25 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:Clippers send Gallinari and the 12th & 13th picks for Kawhi.

Gallinari is good but super injury prone, and due to make 21.5 million this season and 22.5 the next.
If the Clippers get Kawhi, they try to swing for the fences and do a S&T for Lebron, with Tobias Harris as the incentive for Cleveland to take on salary.
If the Clippers want to accelerate their rebuild, now is their chance, and it feels like the longer things drag out the more Kawhi will insist on the Lakers and only the Lakers. But right now he's apparently open to the Clippers, and if they landed Lebron, too, he's pretty likely to stay.
It leaves the Spurs to rebuild around Aldridge and the 12, 13, & 18 picks, which could net them some young wings like Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter or Dzanan Musa, maybe even Lonnie Walker, to replace Kawhi and Danny (and Manu :( ), with Gallinari as the stop gap. His offense would provide some value to them if he can stay healthy.

spurs be better off getting Tobias Harris, under pop i can see him being on par with Leonard offensively but just a few lvl lower on d
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach

Post#26 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:50 pm

imagump1313 wrote:Again, not to be rude but this is another crap offer where people think they can fleece the Spurs by offering their garbage. Its not going to happen.

Wait a minute, 12 & 13 are crap draft picks? How are you defining "low," because if picks in the top half of the draft are low, then picks 5-10 are "in the middle," and the top-5 picks are "slightly higher than middle"? Speaking of thinking about what you're saying...
And look, I thought the Spurs would get a decent haul for Leonard, too. But his group is sabotaging trade negotiations. I didn't think they would go to that level but they have. If you don't think that has a dramatic impact on his value, you're wrong.
Would I offer two lottery picks and Gallinari for Harden or Durant? In this hypothetical, I assume they are also coming off of a career-threatening injury that just cost them an entire season, and they have informed me they will not re-sign with my team so this is a one-year rental... in that scenario, no, I wouldn't offer that. I'd rather keep my draft picks unless making that trade gave me a legit shot at a title by allowing me to form a superteam or something (which would be the case with the Clippers).
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach

Post#27 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Phreak50 wrote:You don’t ‘rebuild’ around a 33year old...

If the picks were 5 and 6 (instead of 12 and 13) the Spurs still wouldn’t pick up the phone.

Clippers have zero chance of landing Leonard I’m sorry.

The rebuild would be around the 12, 13 & 18 picks, and Murray.
If the Spurs wouldn't accept picks 5 & 6 for him then they might as well just say he is not on the market. No one is giving up better than that for one-year of Kawhi, and LA doesn't even have close to the assets to match the 5 & 6 picks, much less exceed that. So there is no plausible trade scenario then.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach

Post#28 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:58 pm

BallnIngram wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:Clippers send Gallinari and the 12th & 13th picks for Kawhi.

spurs be better off getting Tobias Harris, under pop i can see him being on par with Leonard offensively but just a few lvl lower on d

Yeah I like Harris a lot. He's very underrated.
Just not sure the Clippers would give up the 12 & 13 and Harris if Kawhi doesn't commit to re-sign there, and if I could only have two of the three I'd rather have the picks. Harris only has one year left on his contract and the Spurs need some young talent they have contractual control over for a few seasons imo.
If they could get 12 & 13 and Tobias Harris though I'd be all over it. Kawhi's group is really sabotaging his trade value on purpose so not sure they will get a better offer than that, and I think there will be some nice wings in the late lottery of this draft.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach

Post#29 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:02 pm

imagump1313 wrote:If you really insist on wanting Kawhi, give us Tatum and Brown with a leveling salary like Morris and we will take it.

I would have laughed at this earlier in the year (actually i think I did) but if that was offered now I would gladly jump on it.

The Celtics would be the ones laughing at this now.
No way they would trade two potential All Stars on rookie-scale contracts for a one-year rental of Kawhi, who may or may not be 100 percent.
Zach Lowe just posted an article today questioning if Boston should even trade Brown and filler for Kawhi. No reason to sell off a bright future for one year of a player who doesn't want to be on your team.
-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#30 » by -Spyda- » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Ingram Kuzma Hart and a Draft pick
Book it
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by imagump1313 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:If you really insist on wanting Kawhi, give us Tatum and Brown with a leveling salary like Morris and we will take it.

I would have laughed at this earlier in the year (actually i think I did) but if that was offered now I would gladly jump on it.

The Celtics would be the ones laughing at this now.
No way they would trade two potential All Stars on rookie-scale contracts for a one-year rental of Kawhi, who may or may not be 100 percent.
Zach Lowe just posted an article today questioning if Boston should even trade Brown and filler for Kawhi. No reason to sell off a bright future for one year of a player who doesn't want to be on your team.

Well the reason I posted that was because before the playoffs started most people would have been fine with Brown and Tatum for Kawhi. I was pointing out how drastically things have changed since then.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by imagump1313 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:Again, not to be rude but this is another crap offer where people think they can fleece the Spurs by offering their garbage. Its not going to happen.

Wait a minute, 12 & 13 are crap draft picks? How are you defining "low," because if picks in the top half of the draft are low, then picks 5-10 are "in the middle," and the top-5 picks are "slightly higher than middle"? Speaking of thinking about what you're saying...
And look, I thought the Spurs would get a decent haul for Leonard, too. But his group is sabotaging trade negotiations. I didn't think they would go to that level but they have. If you don't think that has a dramatic impact on his value, you're wrong.
Would I offer two lottery picks and Gallinari for Harden or Durant? In this hypothetical, I assume they are also coming off of a career-threatening injury that just cost them an entire season, and they have informed me they will not re-sign with my team so this is a one-year rental... in that scenario, no, I wouldn't offer that. I'd rather keep my draft picks unless making that trade gave me a legit shot at a title by allowing me to form a superteam or something (which would be the case with the Clippers).

Yes, 12 and 13 are crap picks when you are offering them in exchange for a potential league MVP. Those picks have a much higher chance of missing than they do of hitting with a starter in this league. Then on top of that you want to throw in Gallinari who no one wants. I wouldn't take him if you gave him to me for free.

Let me ask you a question. Why is it that you are offering Gallinari soo easily? Because you know yourself he is garbage, he is injury prone and he makes way too much money. You don't want him yourself so why on earth would you think we would?

San Antonio are in control of Leonard for another year and a lot can happen in a year. Aldridge was on his way out of here last year at this time and look how that turned out. The Spurs are not the Sixers. They aren't stupid. If someone wants Leonard and he really wants out, its going to take a blockbuster to do it. Not garbage.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach

Post#33 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:16 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:

Yes, 12 and 13 are crap picks when you are offering them in exchange for a potential league MVP. Those picks have a much higher chance of missing than they do of hitting with a starter in this league. Then on top of that you want to throw in Gallinari who no one wants. I wouldn't take him if you gave him to me for free.

Let me ask you a question. Why is it that you are offering Gallinari soo easily? Because you know yourself he is garbage, he is injury prone and he makes way too much money. You don't want him yourself so why on earth would you think we would?

San Antonio are in control of Leonard for another year and a lot can happen in a year. Aldridge was on his way out of here last year at this time and look how that turned out. The Spurs are not the Sixers. They aren't stupid. If someone wants Leonard and he really wants out, its going to take a blockbuster to do it. Not garbage.

Gallinari for sure is a salary dump. The assets are the 12 & 13 picks. I never said otherwise.
Funny, though, that the 12 & 13 picks are trash when compared to a player like Kawhi, who was selected with... the 15th pick
:D
Obviously there are no guarantees in the draft, but to call those picks crap is ridiculous. Maybe the value of a rookie contract is not well understood, but you are getting team control of a hand picked player for like 6 years. That's pretty dang valuable in a salary cap league.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:49 am

Just a quick check of who's been drafted #12 and #13 lately:

#12 - Luke Kennard (Bench player on a bad team)
#13 - Donovan Mitchell (Starter and ROY canidate)

#12 - Tayrean Prince (Bench/role player)
#13 - Georgios Papagiannis(End of bench player if that)

#12 - Trey Lyles (Decent player, bench player)
#13 - Devin Booker (Starter, Desirable player)

#12 - Dario Saric (6th man at best)
#13 - Zach Levine (Decent player, bad work ethic according to many)

#12 - Steven Adams (Starter, Desirable player)
#13 - Kelly Olynyk (Role player at best)

#12 - Jeremy Lamb (Bench player)
#13 - Kendall Marshall (Barely in the league)

#12 - Alec Burks (Bench/role player)
#13 - Markieff Morris (Fringe starter, role player)

#12 - Xavier Henry (Who?)
#13 - Ed Davis (Lifetime bench player)

Now I'll give to you there are a couple nice players there but for the most part its bench/role players. I'm not willing to give up a potential MVP and top 5 player in the league for maybe 2 future bench players. Even if it is a one year rental. I'll just make him play out his contract if thats the market, sorry.

I'm looking at who is projected to be available at 12 and 13 and I dont see anyone who I would want that I couldnt get at 18.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#35 » by UDRIH14 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:05 am

trade for picks and develop them players who want to be a spur, and remain...
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach

Post#36 » by CIN-C-STAR » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:trade for picks and develop them players who want to be a spur, and remain...

That would be my plan. I think this draft is pretty loaded with wing players that aren't top-10 picks but can be molded into the types of players that will be essential in the league in the next decade.
I think in the next few drafts we are going to see more and more teams valuing the versatile wing type players that are so en vogue now. This draft would be a great time to pick a couple of them up before the rest of the league catches on imo.
matticus90
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#37 » by matticus90 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:35 am

Kawhi killed y’all by requesting LA publicly, it’s now what is a team willing to give up to rent KL for a year. That said, I was shocked to see Orlando (my team) listed by Vegas with the fourth best odds to land him, ahead of both philly and Boston. Who do you think they may have interest in? Would some combination of Vucevic and Fournier, and a first or possibly 2 get you interested?
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#38 » by UDRIH14 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:38 am

spurs front office aint going to do kawhi any favors with the way he went with this, all other players in the past the spurs let them go to find bigger pay deals cause they lowball or couldnt fit them into payroll, as for kawhi? they already invested in him with 1-2yrs remaining yet he pulled a stunt like this...no loyalty, no g ratitude, its either spurs way or the high way, and they will show him the highway even if doesnt want to be traded out easts, the spurs will just hold onto him and make him lose 80m potential future earnings as a big f u to him and co....

spurs aint going to bend over like those other teams who loss players and to the lakers for peanutes...
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,188

Post#39 » by cedric76 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:31 am

matticus90 wrote:Kawhi killed y’all by requesting LA publicly, it’s now what is a team willing to give up to rent KL for a year. That said, I was shocked to see Orlando (my team) listed by Vegas with the fourth best odds to land him, ahead of both philly and Boston. Who do you think they may have interest in? Would some combination of Vucevic and Fournier, and a first or possibly 2 get you interested?

As a magic fan I was very surprised too.

I think Fournier and Vuc would do wonder under pop

Maybe S&T Aaron Gordon for KL

Then separate deal

Fournier + vuc for your bad contracts (gasol and green maybe)

Tbh I wouldn't do that deal as we all know where KL want to go, that's a lot for 1 year rental

Even if I think KL might enjoy the eastern conference easy path.

But the I think.the best deal you 'll get is ingram+kuzma +pick

But that s would help LA big time
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Steel Spur
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#40 » by Steel Spur » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:51 am

People talk about the 'best deal' but, it's comes at the price of the worst timeline: Coach Popovich retiring tanking at worst and rebuilding at best.

Return to San Antonio Spurs