Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,904

Re: OT: SPURS ART & ARTISTS 

Post#41 » by G R E Y » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:58 am

Some creative new offerings of the Fiesta jerseys from fans:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Check out the links for more info and works of the artists!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#42 » by G R E Y » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:19 pm

WOW these are spectacular!

Another custom sneaker offering by Brazil-based wearable art artist, Julia Miaw:

:o

ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#43 » by G R E Y » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:05 pm

A sketch tribute in honour of Keldon's exuberance and making the Olympic team:
Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#44 » by G R E Y » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:06 am

Another Keldon offering. His popularity is rightly skyrocketing. Cool.

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#45 » by G R E Y » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:57 pm

The first of many about Primo, I'm sure. SO many possibilities with his last name alone:
Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#46 » by G R E Y » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:07 pm

And just like that, another one of Primo. This is so cool. From the talent of Brian Ellingboe:
Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#47 » by G R E Y » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:22 am

Fiesta sneakers up for grabs!
Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#48 » by G R E Y » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:21 pm

Primo gets a mural!
Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#49 » by G R E Y » Sun May 8, 2022 2:42 am

Keldon teamed up with Dank & Co., to have custom Fiesta-themed shoes made:

"If I can use a canvas to paint shoes on, then I can make the shoe a canvas."

Fiesta Fabrics: Celebrity custom shoe designer and founder of Dank & Co., Jake Danklefs, shares his most memorable designs, where his love for athletic sneakers comes from, and the process of completing a new creation while working on the perfect Fiesta-inspired kicks for Keldon!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#50 » by G R E Y » Sun May 8, 2022 2:47 am

Continuing with Keldon, make room for another Spur getting the mural respect:

ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#51 » by G R E Y » Sun May 8, 2022 3:01 am

Fans are celebrating Manu's induction into the Hall of Fame with some commemorative art:

Shoutout our newest Hall of Famer on this Fan Art Friday.

Don't forget to tag us in your #SpursFanArt! We'll be showing love all summer long so keep sharing your work with us
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,179

Post#52 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:20 am

IDK if you posted about these Grey but the new logos look pretty sweet! And no lame fiesta colors!! :clap:

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#53 » by G R E Y » Wed May 25, 2022 3:20 am

imagump1313 wrote:IDK if you posted about these Grey but the new logos look pretty sweet! And no lame fiesta colors!! :clap:

Glad you like them, gump! I quite like the 50th Anniversary logo with the gold added. These will have to grow on me as I've mentioned in the News thread. But thanks for posting them here, too; it's a cross-over interest piece.

And yes, I do hope we get Fiesta versions on merch muahahaha!

I think you were ok with the black background and Fiesta stripes, yes? Just the white ones that reminded you of pajamas? lol

These logos are more industrial/tough/military-influence looking. More masculine to my feminine tastes. Still have to get something to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of course. Take my money, Spurs! :lol:
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 25, 2022 5:09 am

G R E Y wrote:Glad you like them, gump! I quite like the 50th Anniversary logo with the gold added. These will have to grow on me as I've mentioned in the News thread. But thanks for posting them here, too; it's a cross-over interest piece.

I think you were ok with the black background and Fiesta stripes, yes? Just the white ones that reminded you of pajamas? lol

These logos are more industrial/tough/military-influence looking. More masculine to my feminine tastes. Still have to get something to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of course. Take my money, Spurs! :lol:

I'm sorry to say I don't have any use for the fiesta color scheme. ^^Look at the Ginobili poster 3 posts up from here ^^ A great poster totally ruined by those stupid colors. Manu thankfully never had to deal with them when he played, so why even add them to that poster? Now it looks totally lame :banghead:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#55 » by G R E Y » Wed May 25, 2022 6:01 am

imagump1313 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Glad you like them, gump! I quite like the 50th Anniversary logo with the gold added. These will have to grow on me as I've mentioned in the News thread. But thanks for posting them here, too; it's a cross-over interest piece.

I'm sorry to say I don't have any use for the fiesta color scheme. ^^Look at the Ginobili poster 3 posts up from here ^^ A great poster totally ruined by those stupid colors. Manu thankfully never had to deal with them when he played, so why even add them to that poster? Now it looks totally lame :banghead:

How about the old colour logos from like 1989 onwards?

Anyway I'd take the Fiesta unis over the cammo ones any day of the week! No disrespect to the Military City honours and tradition, but those painful.

I do get the saturation of the Fiesta colours everywhere. I think it was a response to the years of cammo alternate unis, so when word leaked about the throwback colours, people went bonkers. Some are tasteful; others, less so.

When I went to SA I bought these limited edition commemorative posters, one of Timmy in the HOF, one of the Big 3. Both have Fiesta colours to more or less successful designs.

It'll be interesting to see what the 50th Anniversary unis will look like. Those original 1973 ABA ones are a nice throwback, maybe some nod to the Chaparrals (there are some hats with the logo), but in the transition in '73 there are some red unis with SAN ANTONIO across the front before they switched to our colours. Those initial Gervin ones are sweet. It would be great to incorporate something like those, and now that I think about it, the new logos have a more stripped back aesthetic that would fit those earlier unis. We'll see!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by imagump1313 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:55 pm

G R E Y wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:

How about the old colour logos from like 1989 onwards?

Anyway I'd take the Fiesta unis over the cammo ones any day of the week! No disrespect to the Military City honours and tradition, but those painful.

I do get the saturation of the Fiesta colours everywhere. I think it was a response to the years of cammo alternate unis, so when word leaked about the throwback colours, people went bonkers. Some are tasteful; others, less so.

When I went to SA I bought these limited edition commemorative posters, one of Timmy in the HOF, one of the Big 3. Both have Fiesta colours to more or less successful designs.

It'll be interesting to see what the 50th Anniversary unis will look like. Those original 1973 ABA ones are a nice throwback, maybe some nod to the Chaparrals (there are some hats with the logo), but in the transition in '73 there are some red unis with SAN ANTONIO across the front before they switched to our colours. Those initial Gervin ones are sweet. It would be great to incorporate something like those, and now that I think about it, the new logos have a more stripped back aesthetic that would fit those earlier unis. We'll see!

I agree about the cammo uniforms, they sucked. If I was forced to choose between fiesta and cammo I would say neither and tell the equipment guys to go get our REAL jerseys lol.

I grew up loving the Spurs because of George Gervin and those all black uniforms. We were the only ones who looked like that back then and once the black shoe craze started with the Fab Five we looked like total badasses when we entered the court on the road in our all-blacks. It was intimidating. It looked soo awesome IMO.

The fiesta looks better on black then it does on the white I'll admit, but in my eyes messing with the Spurs black uniform is kind of like changing the Yankees pinstripes or the Tigers English D or the Canadiens jersey. They are too iconic.

If the Canadiens came out one game wearing a pink and teal striped jersey people would riot lol.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#57 » by G R E Y » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:45 pm

Newest additions:
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#58 » by G R E Y » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:36 pm

Jeremy is deserving of some fan art love! Great personality, making a positive impact on the court, and with a unique background, brings together fans from various cultures:

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#59 » by G R E Y » Mon Jan 9, 2023 8:15 pm

This. Is. Awesome!

Read on Twitter