GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 25: SPURS AT LAKERS, 5-12-2018, 9:30PM (CT)

Moderator: G R E Y

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,678

Re: GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 25: SPURS AT LAKERS, 5-12-2018, 9:30PM (CT) 

Post#21 » by G R E Y » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:33 am

Rudy comes back to life, has a great game along with LMA, and DeMar, but Bryn (uncharacteristically) and Dante (more par for the course on O except against the Pels, but he was out there for D on LBJ) combined for 4 points. Patty, Derrick, and Beli combined for 10. Besides Dante, these other guys are supposed to provide an O spark. Bryn has been most consistent in doing so, Derrick has pitched in more of late, Patty has streaky games, but Beli has flat out underperformed in scoring.

That said, we can't give up 40+ point Q's, especially the last one. Protecting our arc continues to be a work in progress (those that are way outside or well contested, not much you can do but push the other way, the ones we give up that are wide open on missed switches, late rotations and coverage, etc., are the ones that still need work).

I hate missed bunnies.

Better game to build on for the next one. I really want us to win the season series with the next home game.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
akiman911
Pro Prospect
And1: 785

Post#22 » by akiman911 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 6:55 am

GREY 1769 wrote:Rudy comes back to life, has a great game along with LMA, and DeMar, but Bryn (uncharacteristically) and Dante (more par for the course on O except against the Pels, but he was out there for D on LBJ) combined for 4 points. Patty, Derrick, and Beli combined for 10. Besides Dante, these other guys are supposed to provide an O spark. Bryn has been most consistent in doing so, Derrick has pitched in more of late, Patty has streaky games, but Beli has flat out underperformed in scoring.

That said, we can't give up 40+ point Q's, especially the last one. Protecting our arc continues to be a work in progress (those that are way outside or well contested, not much you can do but push the other way, the ones we give up that are wide open on missed switches, late rotations and coverage, etc., are the ones that still need work).

I hate missed bunnies.

Better game to build on for the next one. I really want us to win the season series with the next home game.

werent you a raptors fan? dont tell me demar made you switch allegiances
"With that shot he exceeded his 2 ppg average"
Heat announcers on Patrick McCaw (after a made 3) March 10, 2019.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,678

Post#23 » by G R E Y » Thu Dec 6, 2018 7:02 am

akiman911 wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:Rudy comes back to life, has a great game along with LMA, and DeMar, but Bryn (uncharacteristically) and Dante (more par for the course on O except against the Pels, but he was out there for D on LBJ) combined for 4 points. Patty, Derrick, and Beli combined for 10. Besides Dante, these other guys are supposed to provide an O spark. Bryn has been most consistent in doing so, Derrick has pitched in more of late, Patty has streaky games, but Beli has flat out underperformed in scoring.

I hate missed bunnies.

werent you a raptors fan? dont tell me demar made you switch allegiances

You have your POBO's about face about culture talk for my turning away. In supporting the Spurs who don't just pay lip service to it I keep allegiance to things I value (and it's been..... a while now...). No, it was way before DeMar coming here. Other than that, let's stay on topic, thanks.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:

Return to San Antonio Spurs